Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Pizza Toppings

I just ordered a large cheese lovers pan pizza with extra cheese,pepperoni and 2x mushrooms. This is the first time I will have this particular combination. I love pizza there are so many different choices and I love choices.

What are your favorite toppings or pizza?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hawaiian is my favourite topping (ham, pineapple, cheese), though I like to add mushrooms to it too.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had pizza for dinner tonight too!

There is this place we discovered that is just a few blocks away. And they have good deals, and its the best pizza I've ever had!

I had pineapple and ham tonight. They have this amazing pepperoni pizza it has a ton of pepperoni, and 3 different cheeses and oregano on top. Awesome.

We eat there way too much.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Linda
Just Chillaxin.

Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We had pizza as well! lol

I like a wide variety of toppings but lately I have been craving anchovies. And I didnt think I liked anchovies but I just want them so badly.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Green olives are my favorite -- with green peppers, or onions, or both. Incidentally, a nutritionist friend of mine once told me that pizza is a pretty good deal, nutritionally. The cheese supplies protein and calcium, the bread (and the yeast that went into it) furnish some B vitamins (though I forget which), and there are vitamins A and C in the tomato sauce. Of course the cheese also contributes fat and sodium, so you shouldn't try to live on pizza alone; all the same, it's certainly not junk food!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns

Last edited by Dr. Feelgood; 09-02-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I like clam pizza with white sauce. Sometimes with bacon added.

White pizza means no tomato sauce at all, with garlic, fresh basil and parsley, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan. A variation eliminates the ricotta or the parsley.

I like anchovy as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #7
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like pizza with a very thin crust. Top choices are either a white pizza with spinach, or cheese pizza with black olives and mushrooms.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

He he I just finished eating pizza for dinner. I was out of green olives. So it wasn't as good as it could be.
Green olives and tons of cheese is the only way i really like pizza. The west coast doesn't offer green olives for a topping and that just sucks! I had a ton of thinly sliced red onions on my pizza tonight and that was pretty good.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Depends.. I like a thin-n-crispy pepperoni, green pepper, cheese, red sauce most of the time.

Sometimes, a grilled bbq chicken with thinly sliced red onion, cheese, and hickory bbq sauce.

Or a chicken garlic with diced tomato, white onion, cheese and spinach and white sauce.

However, right now I'm pizza deprived, so I'd like a meat lover's (pepperoni, salami, ham, italian sausage, bacon, hamburger, did I leave one out) with a spicy red sauce.. chewy-but-not-pan crust. Lotsa cheese
Old 09-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #10
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Taking inspiration from the domino's Meateor.

Thin Crust Pizza, Made square
Barbecue sauce base
Plenty of grated mozzarella
Minced (Ground) Beef
Mini Meatballs
Bacon Lardons
Sausage
Peperoni
Mushrooms
Red Peppers
Sundried tomatos
A splash of worcestershire sauce

It's a fully loaded pizza....and an absolute taste sensation.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It depends on my mood and where I'm getting the pizza, but here are a few favorites:

with a red sauce:
sausage and (sweet, red) peppers
sausage, black olive, mushroom (I like canned ones on pizza) and onion
pepperoni and green pepper

with olive oil and garlic on the crust:
chicken, spinach, tomato and onion
artichoke hearts and kalamata olives
pesto and shrimp
Old 09-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #12
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Taking inspiration from the domino's Meateor.

Thin Crust Pizza, Made square
Barbecue sauce base
Plenty of grated mozzarella
Minced (Ground) Beef
Mini Meatballs
Bacon Lardons
Sausage
Peperoni
Mushrooms
Red Peppers
Sundried tomatos
A splash of worcestershire sauce

It's a fully loaded pizza....and an absolute taste sensation.
*Shudders*

BBQ sauce with pepperoni and like meats...you know that's a UK thing, right? We don't do that in the States, unless you specifically request it...and no one would request it.

That's probably the thing I miss most about the U.S. is the good pizza...haven't had pizza here since New Year's...it was the death of my tastebuds.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mmm pizza, although I only like those with a thin crust. I was working at a music festival recently and they had a food stand called Pizza to the People. They were making the most amazing pizzas in proper woodburning pizza ovens. Divine!

My favourite toppings are:
- goats cheese, sliced tomato, red onion & olives
- spinach & ricotta
- seafood
- tuna, onion & black olives
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:27 AM   #14
nugget34

nugget34 does more than just post hot picsnugget34 does more than just post hot picsnugget34 does more than just post hot pics

gotta have the lot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pizza.jpg (74.8 KB, 119 views)
nugget34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:47 AM   #15
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

I just love having barbecue sauce! plus it works well with the cheese, sausage, bacon, meatballs and ground beef. The peperoni does lose a little something with it but it's a small price to pay for the carnivorous magnificence of it all.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
idontspeakespn

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I just love having barbecue sauce! plus it works well with the cheese, sausage, bacon, meatballs and ground beef. The peperoni does lose a little something with it but it's a small price to pay for the carnivorous magnificence of it all.
LOL okay. Who am I to judge personal taste? :-)

Gotta love that meat, mmm tasty!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #17
idontspeakespn

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post

Wait, that's not how it sounds! LOL

I am like the person who created this slogan:

This is something I would come up with, in a completely serious way and would realize only afterward what an incredible fail that was.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #18
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

We usually go to our local hole-in-the-wall pizza joint for either an extra cheese with pepperoni or a white pizza with riccotta, broccoli and tomatoes (perhaps with sausage. But OMG there's another place near us called Cafe Riveria thats in the local Mall (and therefore should suck really) but they have a pizza thats better then it has any right to be - they call it a Mexican Taco pizza and the menu says it has Beef, Tomatoes, Olives (black), Onions, Peppers, Cheddar and Mozzarella on it. But its just not that simple, the Beef is almost like a sloppy joe beef mix then taco seasoned, its definately a bit sweet with the Mexican seasonings. And somewhere in there they put what I assume is Cheez Whiz vs real Cheddar, because its this creamy cheese sauce plus the melted cheese. It shouldn't work, it shouldn't be that good - it is. I haven't gotten around to trying some of their other more esoteric pizza choices but good grief hubby and I pounded that Taco pizza when we got it the first time. Reminds me, need to go back soon!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
MrBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post

Hmm, well...I'm not one to brag!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:01 PM   #20
idontspeakespn

Quote:
Hmm, well...I'm not one to brag!
such cheek!
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For the most part, I like a lot of sauce, motz and parm cheese, and loads and lots, and tons of pepperoni. Thicker the better, spicy makes it nicy.

I like eating a pepperchoni pepper with my pizza, love pickled peppers and yeasty pizza dough.

We recently got a Stevi B's pizza buffet in our town, and I'm a huge fan of their veggie stuff, onions, tomatoes,mushrooms, red and green peppers,olives and on thin crust, and their taco pizza with the lettuce.

Oh and down here we have "salad pizzas" at baby showers, just sheets of dough baked, sprinkled with parm, then covered in a cream cheese spread, with chives or red pepper flakes, then just a bag of salad is evened out on top, add cheddar cheese, carrots, olives. There are tons of variations I've had, radishes, dill in the cream cheese, pickles on top etc.....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #22
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My favorite toppings are pepperoni, onion, black olive, tomatoes, and extra sauce and sometimes I will get it with cheddar cheese. My husband loves the all meats pizza or the BBQ chicken pizza, hold the peppers.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #23
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm told the Japanese have taken to pizza with great enthusiasm and developed toppings beyond the average American's wildest dreams! Anybody here in a position to verify?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #24
idontspeakespn

I like 'classy' pizza toppings ( I don't call it classy, but my friends say it's gourmet..whatevs)

1) basil pesto

2) Roasted red & yellow peppers

4) Salumi (salami)

5) Chunky spicy red sauce (arrabbiata)

6) fresh buffalo mozzerella (or other fresh mozzerella)

7) grilled portabello mushrooms

Good Lord that sounds good right now. Eating a horrible Tescos ready meal..
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like good thin crispy crust pizza with italian sausage, mushrooms and extra cheese. Simple and tasty, although recently I was introduced to ricotta on my pizza and I have to say it's quickly becoming a new favorite topping. I'm not a big fan of Chicago's signature thick pan pizza, too much bread, takes up stomach space for the mushrooms, sausage and cheeses.