Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 09-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
davidburton
FA Intern....

davidburton can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdavidburton can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default How genetic do you think fat admiration is?

Even though dating a fat person doesn't necessarily make you an FA, do you have any relatives dating bbw's/ bhm's?

I have 8 cousins, and two of them could definitely be FA's. Personally I think every trait comes back to genetics, so I'm thinking it runs in the family.
davidburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm the only one, male or female, in my family who has ever dated or married a fat person. My dad is a boob man and will look at any size woman if there a big boobs involved, but his actual partners are always thinner. I can't justify a genetic causality from my history but maybe I'm the exception.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Toss-Up

My Adult Kiddo Son is not totally FA, but he likes fat girls. I've always wondered how much of it is environment and if there really is a genetic component to FA-ism.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidburton View Post
Even though dating a fat person doesn't necessarily make you an FA, do you have any relatives dating bbw's/ bhm's?

I have 8 cousins, and two of them could definitely be FA's. Personally I think every trait comes back to genetics, so I'm thinking it runs in the family.
I think attraction to full-figured women is almost entirely genetic.

I think it runs in the family the way other traits run in the family -- irregularly. Some families will have many red-haired family members, while other families will have just one red-haired family member turn up in many generations. Same thing this with attraction: in some families it will be prevalent, in others rare. But in each case, it is genetic.

What is less genetic is the degree to which people will be open about it or hide it. That will depend on the culture in which they live, how social experiences shape them, etc.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Curves are admired a lot in my family, but there's only one other person in my family that is attracted to big women: My brother, and he likes thin women more.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post

I think it runs in the family the way other traits run in the family -- irregularly. Some families will have many red-haired family members, while other families will have just one red-haired family member turn up in many generations. Same thing this with attraction: in some families it will be prevalent, in others rare. But in each case, it is genetic.

What is less genetic is the degree to which people will be open about it or hide it. That will depend on the culture in which they live, how social experiences shape them, etc.

I also think it may be genetic, to the same extent that being fat is genetic. It may be like the peacock's tail, but with the sexes reversed. Both the male peacock and the female peahen carry the genes that give the male a large tail, and they also both carry the genes that make the female desire a male with a large tail for a mate. Without the female's preference, the males would never have evolved their large tails.

In the same way, the genes that make a woman predisposed to being fat and the genes that make a man desire a fat woman may be transmitted together in people. Obviously, the peacock genes have become so dominant that they define the entire species, while the fat/FA genes are not dominant in people, and will probably never be, because human attraction is much more complicated, but I believe the same genetic mechanism could be involved in fat admiration.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I lean towards it being not genetic. In my specific case I think it's a very very low-level psychological response. I'm a male, and I like females. I'm skinny, and I like fat girls. It's a simple thing of wanting what I'm not...I think.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

i don't think it's genetic as in it's handed down to you, but i think it's genetic as in it's something you're born with (doesn't always happen, but it does happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think it's genetic to some degree. Both my mother and father like big people, my father liking them bigger than my mother does. My grandfather on my fathers side like my grandmother cuz she was bigger than others, my uncle had married a bigger woman, my aunt has dated big guys... So I'm inclined to believe it is genetic. But as I said, only to a certain degree.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

SlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm not sure if it is genetic. My parents hate the fact that ron is fat (though they know better than give him or me shit about it) and my whole family is thin (except for my cousin) so I have to say that it doesn't run in my family.

d=_=b Moozik
SlightlyMorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #11
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fail. I didn't really answer the question. lol

I think it's nature and nurture for most people. What is a stronger I feel is a matter of person. I mean, if a large percentage of your family is attracted to large people then the former might make sense. If not, then who knows?

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

I'd say it is more something you are born with not something that is passed down in the family. Very few people in my family are fat and/or married fat people so I don't see it as genetic.

I'd probably put it on par with some fetishes. I mean, is s guy a masochist because his parents were masochists? Does a guy have a foot fetish because his grandfather had a foot fetish? I wouldn't say so.

I also wouldn't say it's something which is "nurtured" into you either. I mean, when you remember always gravitating towards fat people (that is, by choice not by force) and even mild concepts of feederism before you even knew about it or were sexual it doesn't seem like it's a nurture thing.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #13
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh, it's totally not genetic in my family. In fact, I think I'm the only one who likes fat women. Hm.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
BlueBurning
On Timeout

BlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this boardBlueBurning carries a lot of weight on this board

Based on current and past partners of family members I'm pretty sure I am the only FA in the family.
BlueBurning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #15
WickedWaggy

WickedWaggy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBurning View Post
Based on current and past partners of family members I'm pretty sure I am the only FA in the family.
Sounds familiar. Everybody in my family is tiny, and dates tiny. I don't know where I get it from. Milkman I guess.
WickedWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
mithrandirjn

mithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized repmithrandirjn has super-sized rep

It's something that likely varies from case to case.

For many people, it's "genetic" insofar as any kind of attraction might be construed as genetic. I think for most people who enjoy people who are bigger to some degree it's something you just wake up to as you grow and develop sexually. I don't really think I chose to be majorly attracted to a bubble butt/round thighs on a woman, but, well, here I am.

That said, I suppose there's something to the idea of some people gaining it through what they pick up from their environment growing up. When I was a child, one of my grandmothers and two of my aunts were very big, as were a number of my male relatives (some have lost weight since), so could some of it be that fat was simply more acceptable in my family? I spent a good chunk of my life being pretty chubby until the past couple of years where I've dropped around 50 pounds, I don't know where that plays in. It's not like most of the big people in my family resembled shapes that I currently find appealing, so I don't know.

Bottom line: I think it works like most other sexual preferences, but perhaps some of it can be a learned preference based on either early environments, or on life experiences as one grows older.
mithrandirjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
GunnerFA
Big

GunnerFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGunnerFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I wouldn't say it's genetic but in saying that I'm not surprised if fat admiration runs in some families. That to me is more of an influence based preference than a genetic one.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that I am the only FA in my family.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:33 AM   #18
elroycohen
Steampunk Psycho

elroycohen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeselroycohen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeselroycohen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It's an interesting thought, but seeing as how I'm the only one in my family whose preference is for larger women, it's does not run in my family at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidburton View Post

Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #19
Radman1110

Radman1110 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRadman1110 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yes, I believe it is possible since my grandfather on my mom's side liked my grandma with extra padding. I guess I need to obtain DNA from several FA's including myself and some controls and do DNA analysis and gene chip experiments to identify differences in genes. If we can identify possible genes we can figure out biological mechanisms. This data would be contraversal but nevertheless would be interesting.
Radman1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman1110 View Post
Yes, I believe it is possible since my grandfather on my mom's side liked my grandma with extra padding. I guess I need to obtain DNA from several FA's including myself and some controls and do DNA analysis and gene chip experiments to identify differences in genes. If we can identify possible genes we can figure out biological mechanisms. This data would be contraversal but nevertheless would be interesting.
This would be expensive, and I doubt anyone would fund it. The search for a "FA gene" would probably be as productive as the search for the "gay gene."

Current research tends to support a prenatal cascade of endocrine signals as being responsible for sexual preference-setting, so maybe the same would apply in this case.

Here's a recent Nature article that investigates the involvement of the serotonergic system with sexual preference (in mice, though....may not apply to humans, but is interesting nonetheless):

Nature. 2011 Apr 7;472(7341):95-9. Epub 2011 Mar 23.
Molecular regulation of sexual preference revealed by genetic studies of 5-HT in the brains of male mice.
Liu Y, Jiang Y, Si Y, Kim JY, Chen ZF, Rao Y.
SourceNational Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing 102206, China.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #21
joemurphy
On Timeout

joemurphy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
Not necessarily. Some of us were lucky enough to be born attracted to full-figured women, to others it is an acquired taste like fine wine.
joemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #22
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

First of all, I’m not arguing with anything Melian said—pretty sure she’s more educated around genetics than the rest of us combined. (and could lap us a couple of times when it comes to epigenetics)

Secondly, I doubt that there ends up being a specific pre-natal preference for fat people, even after that endocrine cascade (I just had to use that phrase!). My best guess, judging by what many FA have said over the years and my own experiences, is that certain tendencies get set, but how they play out will be influenced by the environment. After all, FA come in a lot of different varieties, so no single explanation could account for all of us.

Just to speculate about an example (not saying this is the way it is, just trying to illustrate how I could imagine things working). Say some boys get born with sexuality that makes them feel good about being a protector in a physical sense, that what resonates for them are couples where the woman is much less physically capable than the man. That could play out in a lot of ways, but combined with some other preferences and exposure to different people and attitudes early in life, some might prefer very petite women, while others might prefer very fat women. I could imagine that there are a lot of preference variables: how much do you like people like yourself as opposed to different, like your family versus different, comfort versus challenge, and plenty more.

Now, could some genes make certain preferences more likely outcomes from that endocrine cascade than others? I could buy that, and given that families often share certain environmental factors, that may make family members more likely to share certain sexuality traits, but I doubt it would ever be a strong predictor.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #23
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've always thought more along the lines of Melians and Tads points. There most likely isn't an "FA gene", it seems far more likely that hormone exposure during pregnancy produces changes in the fetal brain that drive ones adult sexuality.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think it's genetic at all; I think it has to do with socialization, in part, anyway.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I don't think it's genetic at all; I think it has to do with socialization, in part, anyway.
I suspect it is for many -- perhaps most -- people. But since both my parents practiced fatphobia as if it were a religion, I can only ascribe my FA-ness to divine revelation.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote