Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Need new oven - I have a question

I need a replacement for my existing wall oven that is worn out at 20 years old. I have been shopping for a new one and came across ovens this weekend that I liked for sale over the internet. Problem is these oven and several others in their class have a feature that I have no knowlege about.

Can anyone here explain what this feature is on an electric oven? I have copied the internet ad below and bolded in blue the part I do not understand. Thanks in advance for the help.

Compare Bosch HBN3450UC Regular Price $1599.00
Your Price $1,439.00

Rebate Available
Bosch Stainless Steel 300 Series 27" Electric Built In Single Oven - HBN3450SS/ Ecoclean Self-Clean Cycle/ Fast Preheat/ Ergonomic Dials With Glass Touch Control/ Recessed Heating Element/ Sabbath Mode/ Flush-To-Cabinet Design/ Stainless Steel Finish
Special Order: 7-14 Day Delivery Time | (Shipping $78 Or Less / Free Chicagoland Delivery
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Moongirl75

Moongirl75 can now change their title

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath_mode
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow Moongirl, I didn't think to look in Wiki for this. Thanks for point it out to me.

After reading what Sabbath Mode is, I would never order an oven with this feature. Every time I get some piece of electronic equipment with some sort of programming that is complicated and smarter than I am - things go very, very wrong. It doesn’t not matter that is a Jewish thingy - I wouldn't use it if it was a Southern Baptist Mode, a Methodist Mode, a Pentecostal Mode, or a Shaker Mode.

I just spent the last three weeks trying to get call block off my answer machine (not thru my phone co.). It caused me many vicious headaches, furious relatives (including my 85 yr old mom), and a whole bunch of one ring phone calls that the answer machine decided to block. Plus, I spent many delightful hours talking to the answering systems of ATT, Century Tel, and Southwestern Bell.

My motto now is "use the lowest level of programming as possible".
Example, a mouse pushing a button and getting a piece off kibble would be preferred to a computer program used to activate a device.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

full agreement with your priorities and difficulties there, Moore! And I'll add, all of those extra features are just more things that can break down....