Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #26
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
This! Cartilage, tripe and most organs too. I also like random bits like tongue and tail.

I also suck on prawn heads and more likely than not, eat it along with the shell.
Yum, organs. I love love love chicken hearts.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 AM   #27
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This! Cartilage, tripe and most organs too. I also like random bits like tongue and tail.

I also suck on prawn heads and more likely than not, eat it along with the shell.
"Tongue: well that's a werry good thing when it ain't a woman's."
--Sam Weller in Dicken's The Pickwick Papers

- Jim
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #28
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
But I would say that, just as a basic culinary principle, and for food to have any kind of integrity, there really shouldn't be anything put on a plate unless it's basically edible-sustenance and/or that it, somehow, actually makes the dish taste-good. And I kind-of think a lot of the best types of garnishes sort of reflect that type of sentiment; like you really don't have-to eat it, but, you-know, you could if you wanted-to....
My feelings exactly. Thanks.

Also, if they don't want me to eat it they should put a plastic replica.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #29
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Anyone eat the parts of food that are not the traditional parts people eat?

I remember someone talking about being sad that it's hard to find seeded watermelon, since she loved crunching on the seeds. Maybe you like pickle juice. Maybe you like cheese rind. I guess stuff like eating paste could sorta count in this thread too.

Me? I love the brine from black olives. I don't drink a lot - just a sip or two. And my mom used to drink the liquid from canned asparagus. She drank it all - hot. I guess it was like asparagus tea.

So, what weird stuff do you eat or drink that is normally overlooked or tossed out with the trash?
Hey SVS...I think that was me! I'm the one that loves watermelon seeds and can't find them anymore!!! Gonna have to grow my own, but I'm too lazy. And yes, they do taste like almonds!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default A rose by any other name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix View Post
"...if they don't want me to eat it they should put a plastic replica."
Well, that's part of what makes so many decorative pieces on cakes impressive, not just the scale or level of detail, but that they can make all kinds of very authentic-looking & elaborate stuff out of, basically, forms of sugar and edible coloring. And so, you can actually eat "the tires" or "fuel-hose" on your Nascar-themed wedding-cake.
Yakatori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #31
WickedWaggy

WickedWaggy can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Well, that's part of what makes so many decorative pieces on cakes impressive, not just the scale or level of detail, but that they can make all kinds of very authentic-looking & elaborate stuff out of, basically, forms of sugar and edible coloring. And so, you can actually eat "the tires" or "fuel-hose" on your Nascar-themed wedding-cake.
Soooo, that means I was not supposed to eat the candles on my birthday cake? No wonder I got heartburn...
WickedWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #32
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWaggy View Post
Soooo, that means I was not supposed to eat the candles on my birthday cake? No wonder I got heartburn...
You're supposed to blow them out first...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #33
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Me three! I suck the marrow out of lamb bones omg delicous. I also eat cartilage, though not tripe. I love ox liver, lambs liver, calf liver and chicken liver which I make pate from, ADORE ox and pork tongue, and ox tail has to be my favourite winter casserole. Im just really glad that most people go "ewwww" at tongues and tails, or they would cost a fortune!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Unpopped corn kernals at the bottom of the bowl/container (just a few each time)

Ice cubes (all of them, all the time, especially on planes)

Sunflower seeds in the shell

The tip of a fried chicken wing bone (just the tippy tip)
Oh, the ice cube thing. I catch such crap from Burt about this because it is sooooooooooo(!!) bad for your teeth. And now that I have braces it's bad for those as well. But I just can't help myself. If I get an iced coffee (like I do every day) I have to dump out the ice cubes or I will compulsively chew every damn one of them. I allow myself one (or two... or three) and then dump out the ice once I finish the drink.

I keep telling him I have pica but he won't believe me. His evidence? I don't eat chalk, laundry soap, or chew on rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Meat fat and chewing on the bones. I'm a menace to animals, I swear.
Ohhh. Meat fat. *sigh* If it's off a good steak, so much the better. Burtimus won't even eat his so I always offer to take his plate in, heh. I wonder if he wonders why I'm so accommodating when we have steak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Me too. I'm an addicted bone-gnawer.

The dog looks at me like, "Give that shit here: That's my job. I'm the friggen dog."

Me: Nope, you might get an intestinal perforation. Gnawing bones ain't good for you.

Dog: %*)&@!&+_)
Let's hear it for the bone chewers!!!! And no, Smithnwesson, I'd never give it to my dogs, no matter how much they give me the stink eye. In part because I worry about their health, but mostly? Because I want it, dammit. One of the hardest things I gave up with braces is bone gnawing. It's just literally impossible, but I can do a lot of damage with a very sharp knife.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Oh, the ice cube thing. I catch such crap from Burt about this because it is sooooooooooo(!!) bad for your teeth. .
Uh oh.

Really??

shit.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #36
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Uh oh.

Really??

shit.
Really, says the man with no molars in his right jaw. The root canals were unpleasant, too, not to mention expensive. I wish you long life, good health, strong teeth, and no root canals, but I fear that means ...no ice. (or at least not very much)
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #37
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh dear. Crunching on ice is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Damn.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mom, at 56, is having 8 of her teeth pulled due to a long life of being the notorious ice cube chewer (among having soft teeth)....she fills her LARGE mug, every morning, with like 150g of ice cubes...lol Poor momma.

Also, this thread disgusts me....yet, I can't look away. I'm trying to think of weird things I eat....but basically, my friends say every thing I eat is weird...but I see most of the food items on this Foodie board! I thought it was fairly normal what I ate...
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This thread title is epic.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #40
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Meat fat for me too. I don't often have porkchops or steak but when I do like the fat. I love fatty bacon, too.

This might be weird but at work we often take the crust off the sandwiches for the kids (easier than arguing with them about the "burnt part") and I will eat them. I've come to really like the crust lol.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:22 AM   #41
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

Slightly burnt popcorn. The smell is pretty noxious, but it's so good.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #42
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When I eat brie, I sometimes eat the rind.

I'm also one of those weird people who likes crunching the leftover popcorn kernels from a bag of microwaved popcorn.

The brine from olives is highly useful in making dirty martinis. I don't like plain martinis...too much alcohol taste, if that makes any sense. I gotta have the olive juice with them.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My name is Fuzzy, and I am also a chronic ice-chewing-addict.

I like to keep a supply of bacon grease (fresh) for use in other recipes.

Which means, I fry alot of bacon.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #44
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wait---you're not supposed to eat brie rind? ha ha ha

Yes to using bacon grease for other things--I like to grease the pan liberally with it when making corn bread.

I can't have a martini unless it's dirty either so more olive juice for me.

Also, I noticed unpopped popcorn kernels are gaining popularity here. Me too.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #45
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I eat shrimps whole. Always.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #46
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You people make my teeth hurt just listening to ya.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #47
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't know if you are or aren't supposed to eat these, but I love the heart out of raw cabbage or cauliflower.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #48
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today I finished my salad, lifted the plate and drank all the vinegar. There was a lot and it was delicious.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #49
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I chew my ice too.. yikes. I used to chew the plastic top of soda bottles compulsively. I finally broke myself of the habit because my teeth would ache after and I figured that couldn't be good for me.

Also, this is really weird but I used to love getting iced coffee from Tim Hortons because, well, it's delicious but also I liked to let the ice melt for a few minutes and then drink the melted ice water and it'd taste a bit like the plastic cup. Yes, I liked the weird plastic taste at the end.. apparently I just have a craving to eat plastic things (???!) Unfortunately for me they got new cups last year.. no more yummy plastic-water at the end & the sizes are also like half of what they used to be.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #50
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Oh dear. Crunching on ice is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. Damn.
well shit.

That said, I'm 41.5 and have never had a single cavity in my life, so maybe I'll be lucky? *fingers crossed*

Now I'm bummed.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote