Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default How do you make your Alfredo sauce?

Here's the way I make mine:

Heavy cream
Butter
Parmigiano-Reggiano grated (the real stuff - don't skimp.)

Boil the cream. Add the butter and cheese.
If it's too thin add more cheese.
If it's too thick add more cream.

I frequently add small pieces of prosciutto, sautéed mushrooms, peas, etc.

The only problem with making your own is that you can't pretend to be ignorant of what's in it. This shit is not exactly heart-healthy.

- Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mine is only slightly different

1 pint of heavy cream
1 stick of butter
4 oz cream cheese
cup of grated parm-the good stuff
tsp garlic powder

Love it.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Mine is only slightly different

1 pint of heavy cream
1 stick of butter
4 oz cream cheese
cup of grated parm-the good stuff
tsp garlic powder

Love it.
You been reading my cookbook?
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
HA...You got it from me!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
joemurphy
On Timeout

joemurphy can now change their title
Default Lower fat Fettuccine Alfredo

1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup plain yogurt
salt & pepper
joemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Here's the way I make mine:

Heavy cream
Butter
Parmigiano-Reggiano grated (the real stuff - don't skimp.)

Boil the cream. Add the butter and cheese.
If it's too thin add more cheese.
If it's too thick add more cream.

I frequently add small pieces of prosciutto, sautéed mushrooms, peas, etc.

The only problem with making your own is that you can't pretend to be ignorant of what's in it. This shit is not exactly heart-healthy.

- Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
I make mine like yours.

My vodka sauce starts out the same way but would include top shelf vodka and a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes. Sometimes also, chopped sundried tomatoes jarred in olive oil and also copious amounts of finely ground fresh black pepper and a palmful of chopped fresh herbs.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
HA...You got it from me!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I had a guy, that's how I'd make my sauce.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'll throw my hat in with the other purists. All you need is heavy cream, butter, a good quality Parmigiano-Reggiano and freshly ground pepper. The tiniest hint of fresh garlic doesn't do any harm either, but it's optional. Garnish with a little finely chopped parsley.