Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
DJBEATBOX2k3

DJBEATBOX2k3 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDJBEATBOX2k3 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default The vehicle thread, car issues and questions

so I don't know if there is one. but here on this thread if you have questions or concerns about your car, or if you want to know how much a repair costs, post here
DJBEATBOX2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in

I need a new CV joint, 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo.

Trust me, you wouldnt want to bring this into the garage!!!
Heyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
DJBEATBOX2k3

DJBEATBOX2k3 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDJBEATBOX2k3 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

not scared to work on high end cars
and cv axle is $1,000,000 parts ans labor lol
Old 09-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBEATBOX2k3 View Post
not scared to work on high end cars
and cv axle is $1,000,000 parts ans labor lol
I wish id have known you in 2010.....

This one got sold at public auction July 15, 2011 at 11AM on SR16 in St Augustine, FT 32084 i think, uncertain about zip... (btw, its not high-end lookign but the hood pins, tires, and other aspects mean someone in FL is showboating around in my prized Bird.)

Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
DJBEATBOX2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
I wish id have known you in 2010.....

This one got sold at public auction July 15, 2011 at 11AM on SR16 in St Augustine, FT 32084 i think, uncertain about zip... (btw, its not high-end lookign but the hood pins, tires, and other aspects mean someone in FL is showboating around in my prized Bird.)

looks like it was a project car... can be fast.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Heyyou
On Timeout

Thumbs up 10-4 sir! :)

Quote:
looks like it was a project car... can be fast.
You know your stuff! Was lookin' at a midly modded SBC350, but i never got to that point. Still, it would smoke tires plenty well.

(Hint: Cars are my children.)

And now the bad-ass shots, those were the $$$ shots...

1) Looks liek car from "Deathproof" lol

2) Screams "speeeeeed".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doxnRbaLKsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6_N-_sRGFk

Old 09-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
DJBEATBOX2k3

Well i should post pics of my car then,
yes its an rx7 and I do my own work. The last picture is how I want it to look when im done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36908_403799319774_716469774_4516614_1794567_n.jpg (85.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 39129_417866379774_716469774_4875200_4370997_n.jpg (54.2 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Mazda-RX7FC-007.jpg (84.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 09-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This is my SC 300, definitely not a fat friendly ride. I barely fit in the thing but I've got big plans for it eventually. Next on the list is coilovers and going lower, it's down just over an inch now. Soon I want to put on a turbo and maybe swap in a manual transmission.

Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #9
DJBEATBOX2k3

sc300s are nice, why dont you find the full 2jz turbo swap (should come with ECU, engine, Uncut harness, transmission, ect) and mabye driveshaft and rear diff, and cv axles just incase they are slightly different on the Soarer in japan.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
Heyyou
On Timeout

That is a nice SC

DJBB2k3, the SC300 in particular seems a good candidate because id likely just get a slightly modded SC400 and be happy. Lexus is good cars! Knew someone with either a 1991, 1992 or 1993 LS400. Thats a good car. Aside from looking like a squared-off brick, it pulls it off well. The engine and trans? ...its in the SC400..

Makes more sense than the BMW 850i, shown below. (It also comes in convertible.)

Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
Fat Brian

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Old 09-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
Fat Brian

Quote:
sc300s are nice, why dont you find the full 2jz turbo swap (should come with ECU, engine, Uncut harness, transmission, ect) and mabye driveshaft and rear diff, and cv axles just incase they are slightly different on the Soarer in japan.
The gte motors out of a Supra are too expensive and the stock twin turbos are only good to about 350-400hp, and the JDM ones are good for even less due to their ceramic impellers. In the end it will be cheaper and I'll make more power to put a single turbo on the ge motor in the car. Put in a thicker headgasket to get the compression down a bit and swap in some bigger injectors from a MKIII Supra and I should be good for 15-18 lbs of boost and it will put out 450-500hp. I'm looking at a Detroit Tru-Trac limited slip for the rear, its made for 4x4 Toyota pickups with independent front suspension, they used they same center section in the front as the SC does in the rear so it should fit. Some guys are making a kit to swap in either a T-56 six speed or the one from the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky, I may do that if they get it to run right.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
Fat Brian

Quote:
That is a nice SC

DJBB2k3, the SC300 in particular seems a good candidate because id likely just get a slightly modded SC400 and be happy. Lexus is good cars! Knew someone with either a 1991, 1992 or 1993 LS400. Thats a good car. Aside from looking like a squared-off brick, it pulls it off well. The engine and trans? ...its in the SC400..

Makes more sense than the BMW 850i, shown below. (It also comes in convertible.)
Thank you.

850s look nice but the maintenance will put you in the poor house. I looked into getting a 740 or 750 before I got the SC but they have some pretty serious problems with headgasket failure and the repair isn't cheap. They aren't very powerful either, the car behind the SC is Crystals 2000 STS and it makes more power than the 740s and 750s I was looking at.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
DJBEATBOX2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
The gte motors out of a Supra are too expensive and the stock twin turbos are only good to about 350-400hp, and the JDM ones are good for even less due to their ceramic impellers. In the end it will be cheaper and I'll make more power to put a single turbo on the ge motor in the car. Put in a thicker headgasket to get the compression down a bit and swap in some bigger injectors from a MKIII Supra and I should be good for 15-18 lbs of boost and it will put out 450-500hp. I'm looking at a Detroit Tru-Trac limited slip for the rear, its made for 4x4 Toyota pickups with independent front suspension, they used they same center section in the front as the SC does in the rear so it should fit. Some guys are making a kit to swap in either a T-56 six speed or the one from the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky, I may do that if they get it to run right.
T-56 Trans is a great transmission, i got to tear down and rebuild one of those at wyotech.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #15
Fat Brian

Quote:
T-56 Trans is a great transmission, i got to tear down and rebuild one of those at wyotech.
If they can find a way to get it hooked up to the jz bellhousing it will hold almost 700hp in stock form and is a ton cheaper than the v160 swap from a turbo Supra.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 AM   #16
DJBEATBOX2k3

Or you could buy an FD rx7 and do the LS1 swap with it.. lol
Old 09-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #17
Fat Brian

There are a few guys lsx swapping SCs too.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
Heyyou
On Timeout

Thumbs up Yes. Please read!

Quote:
Thank you.

850s look nice but the maintenance will put you in the poor house. I looked into getting a 740 or 750 before I got the SC but they have some pretty serious problems with headgasket failure and the repair isn't cheap. They aren't very powerful either, the car behind the SC is Crystals 2000 STS and it makes more power than the 740s and 750s I was looking at.
Well said! The only BMW i ever had was this.... (car is gone posting pics of same car/bodystyle/doors/color, different wheels etc)

1) The grille makes you know it is an ES they call that a "lower valence."

2) Other distinction sinclude the "rear lip spolier" and shroud above the sunroof, though this guy has dull paint and it looks rather bad. (Mine was "Delphin Grey" ill never forget)

3) Make no mistake, this car IS badass.

4) More pics: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...w=1192&bih=535

2.L I6 with 160lb-ft torgue and 120HP may not sound liek a whole lot. But if you have ever had an engine thats inline...

1) Put an S52 "3.2L 333HP" liter from an E46 M#, and you will NEED that 7MGTE engine in the MkII (III?) Supra to catch it. And i really hope you kept talking about the 7MGT E motors on the supras.. when you said 7MGE, thats the one thats NA, NOT TURBO!!!

Though an 89/90 Supra is one of the baddest, fastest cars ever IMHO ive sen it in action.........

.. And my fav: Supra gets the jump, E30 M3 Says "Bye bye!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wlXc1sLyak

2) This car, in M3 form, was on Automobile Magazine's "25 Best Cars of All Time" which was 5 categories of 5 cars, for fairness.

And actually, its the first one listed...

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ars/index.html

BMW E30 M3

Thank goodness for homologation requirements and the unbridled competitiveness of German industry. If it was to respond to Mercedes-Benz's compact new screamer, the 190E 2.3-16, and save face in 1980s European touring car racing, BMW's motorsport division had to design and build something like the first M3. Based on the successful E30 model, as the second 3-series (1984-91) was internally designated (and which itself marked a return to form for BMW), the original M3 was an instant classic. That it still tugs at our heartstrings twenty years later suggests that it probably always will.

This is, notably, in spite of the fact that all subsequent M3s have been faster, with bigger engines. The original M3 laid claim to the 2.3-liter S14, a robust and rev-happy engine whose humble cylinder count numbered only four. It revved like a banshee and rarely broke, a useful real-world combination. But many people still can't get past its paucity of cylinders.

Don't let us hear you making that mistake. The E30 M3 is that rare, latter-day example of the historic ideal--a car fit for both road and track. It reminds us, too, of what has been lost as cars get ever heavier and more powerful. The first M3 possesses the sort of balance, composure, and grace that only a lighter, smaller car can offer. Progress is by no means pitiful, with the M3's stock 192 hp capable of shifting its 2735 pounds to 60 mph in just under seven seconds. That may not be supercar fast, but it's enough to explore the underlying brilliance of its chassis. To aid the racing effort and the worthy cause of bigger tires and brakes, the M3's fenders were box-flared. A Boeing 747-size spoiler bolted to the rear deck lid may not be to everyone's taste, but it comes in handy on the way to a 141-mph top speed and helps reduce lift.

The M3 was quite the racing car, too, winning more races than any single BMW model ever, including the German, European, and World Touring Car championships, along with endurance races such as the 24 Hours of Nrburgring and Spa.

But it is as a driver's car that we'll always cherish the M3. A key benchmark in the history of rear-wheel-drive handling excellence, it reminds us of a time when carmakers trusted drivers to control their own traction and one didn't have to drive 90 mph to start having fun. It continues to make a great daily driver, and as our well-sorted test car's owner, assistant editor Sam Smith, reminds us, it's never going to be more affordable than it is now. Jamie Kitman

Old 09-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My car needs an oil change. I have always had a soft spot for men that could change oil or a tire lol
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #20
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. It runs. I'm content. I adore engines and the things they run, but I don't like driving enough to spend big bucks on a car or bike.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #21
Heyyou
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
I have a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire. It runs. I'm content. I adore engines and the things they run, but I don't like driving enough to spend big bucks on a car or bike.
Its not a bad car. Twins with the Cavalier, perhaps a Z24 model (2.4L engine, the evolution of the Quad-4.) Had a 1992 Pontiac Grand Am and that was actually one of the ballsiest, as-fast-as-a-BMW-maybe-faster-but-hated-on-because-its-an-American-Pontiac-and-FWD car it was sweet.. but some of those engines were in the Sunfire you dscribed. Then it went to the Chevy Cobalt.

I need signs like this when i drive.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #22
Fat Brian

Quote:
Well said! The only BMW i ever had was this.... (car is gone posting pics of same car/bodystyle/doors/color, different wheels etc)
Thats back when a BMW looked like a BMW. I always liked the older boxy ones, the 740/750 I was looking at was going to be the older late ninties or early 2000s body style.

Quote:
Though an 89/90 Supra is one of the baddest, fastest cars ever IMHO ive sen it in action.........
Maybe when I get the SC where I want it I can get a MKIII Supra and 2j swap it, I like the very late ones like the pic you posted, although I do like the earlier MKIIs with the big fender flares.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #23
Heyyou
On Timeout

Quote:
Thats back when a BMW looked like a BMW. I always liked the older boxy ones, the 740/750 I was looking at was going to be the older late ninties or early 2000s body style.

Maybe when I get the SC where I want it I can get a MKIII Supra and 2j swap it, I like the very late ones like the pic you posted, although I do like the earlier MKIIs with the big fender flares.

or the 1984/85 Turbo Supras. Boxy, powerful, Ferrari-killing cars. (And thats not a dis to our exotic Italian friends at all, its just that those tend to be toys for people with money. The balance on Italian exotics tends to be unreal, but get in a straight line with them and put the hammer down and they tend to lose?) *shrug* just putting that out there.

In tribute to Ferrari, ill choose the 348 since its early 90s Pininfarina IIRC. (Look at how much grip that rear end puts down. You can [i]see[/i[ it. Thats what i like.) Also putting in the "Rainman" Ferrari, the 400i/412i as well. Beautiful. V-12 too, that one and a back seat............ and it can be had for under $25,000 as it was unloved............................. Hmm, just found my first real car im buying.

I like the vaguely (vaguely, look at it you can see it) Lotus-looking cars like that. Who'da thunk we kind of go for the same vehicles, maybe one-off but the general mindset is still there! (And believe it or not, Corvettes CAN get fast. And no, they dont look like Lotuses.)

What do you think of this car.. remember it at all? Its got a -wicked- aftermarket following, and it was the percursor to the (shitty) Dodge/Mitsubishi Stealth/3000GT share that left us with 3000GTs... remember this car at all?

I like to think about this stiff, it keeps me sane.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
DJBEATBOX2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
My car needs an oil change. I have always had a soft spot for men that could change oil or a tire lol
I can do that plus a shit load more, LOL so I must have a REALLY big soft spot then hahaha
Old 09-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
DJBEATBOX2k3

Quote:
or the 1984/85 Turbo Supras. Boxy, powerful, Ferrari-killing cars. (And thats not a dis to our exotic Italian friends at all, its just that those tend to be toys for people with money. The balance on Italian exotics tends to be unreal, but get in a straight line with them and put the hammer down and they tend to lose?) *shrug* just putting that out there.

In tribute to Ferrari, ill choose the 348 since its early 90s Pininfarina IIRC. (Look at how much grip that rear end puts down. You can [i]see[/i[ it. Thats what i like.) Also putting in the "Rainman" Ferrari, the 400i/412i as well. Beautiful. V-12 too, that one and a back seat............ and it can be had for under $25,000 as it was unloved............................. Hmm, just found my first real car im buying.

I like the vaguely (vaguely, look at it you can see it) Lotus-looking cars like that. Who'da thunk we kind of go for the same vehicles, maybe one-off but the general mindset is still there! (And believe it or not, Corvettes CAN get fast. And no, they dont look like Lotuses.)

What do you think of this car.. remember it at all? Its got a -wicked- aftermarket following, and it was the percursor to the (shitty) Dodge/Mitsubishi Stealth/3000GT share that left us with 3000GTs... remember this car at all?

I like to think about this stiff, it keeps me sane.

mitsubishi starion

Big 2.6L SHOC 4cyl with a TD05 turbo... was pretty good back in the day, but i dont like their fuel delievery design, TBI= Throttle Body Injection.