Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
dantheman90631

dantheman90631 can now change their title
Default Food trucks

Here in LA people are going nuts for Food Trucks. Have you all eaten at them before? If so which ones and what do you like to eat?
dantheman90631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Depending on where you live food trucks have been around for years, only recently becoming trendy. I have not tried any of the gourmet trucks but love eating tacos and basic Mexican food from the everyday working man trucks around certain parts of town.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've had this bias against food trucks, meaning the ones that drive around the manufacturing / warehouse districts usually selling some form of street mexican food.

However, I will not hesitate if the vendor is selling Greek (gyros), carnival-style (funnel cake, fried snickers, etc), dogs (Nathan's,etc), BBQ (pulled pork with slaw), or some combination of corn-on-the-cob (with butter, mayo, chili powder, and lime ).

I think my bias is racist. Just sayin'

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-18-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: I didn't capitalize Greek.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Here in Chicago, there is a law against food trucks, the kind where the food is cooked on the truck. People can sell pre-cooked food from a truck, like a roach-coach, but no cooking on the trucks. It's a shame. I would love to have a soup truck, I think it would go over big in Chicago in the winter.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Philadelphia is home to food trucks galore. The best chicken cheesesteak I've had in the last few years is from a truck run by a Chinese couple! Who knew?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This local BBQ restaurant has bought a couple food trucks and they set up all over the county on a rotating basis. The meat is kind of plain but they make this awesome BBQ slaw that is just about the greatest thing ever.

Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

Austin is so food truck crazy that there's a special iphone app to help you keep track of where they are. There are even several special trailer parks where a bunch of gourmet food trucks have permanent homes. When people come to visit and ask where I'm taking them for dinner, I love the looks on their faces when I go "We're eating at the trailer park."
I'm still trying to figure out which are my favorite, though.
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

Oh, and last night, instead of an ice cream truck, I saw a mobile cupcake truck drive through my neighborhood. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
Oh, and last night, instead of an ice cream truck, I saw a mobile cupcake truck drive through my neighborhood. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
Mobile cupcake truck?? Someone heard my prayers! Oh but to find one in Houston.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

We have a cupcake truck, a soup truck, and one that sells only grilled cheese sandwiches - of great variety. any kind of cheese, many items to accompany it. We have Thai trucks, taco trucks, Guatemalan food trucks, hot dog carts, sub trucks, etc.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #11
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Atlanta is new to the food truck scene, but street treat mania is already in high gear with the arrival of Poochsicles and Bark Bites. What dog wouldn't drool over ice cream flavors like Dirty Socks, Poop Eater, Cat Chaser, and Butt Sniffer?
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

In Oklahoma City there is an absolutely KILLER mexican food truck that parks next to my apartment.. burritos, quesadillas, tacos, and something they call tortas - its like a sandwich with burrito filling in it. Holy crap its so good!!! I crave it on a regular basis, but the b*tch of it is, the truck isn't there every night! *cry*
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

L.A. has gone crazy with the food trucks over the past year or two...

I tend to like some of the Indian ones. I really like the Dosa Truck, for example.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Food trucks have been banned for a few years here in Ontario. Well... the ones that cook on the truck, at least. The vendors have to have running water in order to legally be allowed to sell food. But they used to be a big deal here, too. Especially to get a poutine
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #15
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Philadelphia is home to food trucks galore. The best chicken cheesesteak I've had in the last few years is from a truck run by a Chinese couple! Who knew?
I read that as chicken cheesecake. I was both horrified and tempted.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #16
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

I live in the food truck capital of the world, Portland, Oregon.

http://www.foodcartsportland.com/
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #17
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Boston proper is so unfriendly for food trucks. There's no place to park them at all. Maybe the occasional outdoor festival but I rarely see food trucks here anymore. I remember in my old neighborhood a pizza truck used to come around and this was way back in the 70's. I've wanted to explore the wonderful world of food trucks for a while but I have to travel elsewhere to try them out. The AfroPunk Food Truck Festival happens every year in Brooklyn, NY. I was going to go this time around with TokyoHeart but hurricane Irene happened and it was canceled. Next year.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #18
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

NYC is full of street trucks. There are so many I had to download an app for my phone to keep track of them all. I use foodtrucker. Among my faves are the Van Leeuwen Ice cream truck and the Big Gay Ice Cream truck and the Treats truck. I never find myself wanting and craving savory food, but there are so many trucks around that sell tacos and gyros that I don't really need an app to find one. It's the awesome artisan stuff I'm always looking for.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote