Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Favorite part of a movie

Everyone has favorite movies but out of those movies...what part is your favorite.

This scene is from 9 1/2 weeks where she is reflecting on the relationship (wink wink..lol).....enjoy
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

From my favorite movie, Dead Poets Society, I'd have to choose this scene. There are more poignant scenes, funnier scenes, but somehow this one sticks in my mind the most.

Barbaric Yawp

From any movie...I have to say this. Alec Baldwin was This close to winning an oscar for less than 10 minutes of acting.

Glengarry Glen Ross
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #3
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Movie: Ghost World

Scene: the mullet guy (MG) and convenience store owner (CSO) are arguing because the MG is shirtless in the store.

CSO: What do you think this is? Club Med?
MG: It's America dude. Learn the rules.
CSO: No YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
MG: You also invented homos.
CSO: Fuck you.
MG: You wish. You got to buy me dinner, first.

Then the mullet guy goes out to his car (muscle, metal playing), busts out some nunchuks and starts jumping around.

OMFG.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honourable mentions: The scene in the horrible movie, Predators, where the one guy checks his watch and says, "It's 5 o'clock - bitch rapin time."

The scene in Snakes on a Plane where, after dealing with snakes for at least 45 min, someone in the background yells, "got a snake over here."
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of my favorites is Bill Paxton (Hudson) in Aliens losing his mind screaming, "That's it man, game over man, GAME OVER!' it's a perfect requote too.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
BLK360

BLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The scene where they find out Yoon Tae-Goo, the happy go lucky weirdo, was once a hard core assassin without rival. (Movie is The good, The Bad, The Weird)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Clerks...

http://youtu.be/tpQqH4H_SUQ

This movie pretty much sealed the deal for me as comedy being a huge factor in my life.

Last edited by Lil BigginZ; 09-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Lil BigginZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
roundrevelry
Resident Geek

roundrevelry does more than just post hot picsroundrevelry does more than just post hot picsroundrevelry does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Movie: Ghost World

Scene: the mullet guy (MG) and convenience store owner (CSO) are arguing because the MG is shirtless in the store.

CSO: What do you think this is? Club Med?
MG: It's America dude. Learn the rules.
CSO: No YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
MG: You also invented homos.
CSO: Fuck you.
MG: You wish. You got to buy me dinner, first.

Then the mullet guy goes out to his car (muscle, metal playing), busts out some nunchuks and starts jumping around.

OMFG.
<3 Ghost World!

I love this scene from Blue Velvet: http://youtu.be/snhiofL2Rh4

Zydrate Anatomy from Repo! The Genetic Opera: http://youtu.be/NG2u-wSvOZ8

Aaaaand this scene fromFantastic Mr. Fox: http://youtu.be/S4FyZwAFZII
roundrevelry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

The pregnancy dream sequence from Tromeo and Juliet. I'd be all over a popcorn birth. Boob Warning if you do click it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbtsLed5twM

The hallway fight scene in Oldboy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA It's all kinds of brilliant. The overall side-scrolling video game feel of it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cher's "Snap out of it!"

And...

In HP7b... When Harry defiantly walks out of the crowd in Hogwarts to face Snape and gives his action hero speech. Holy Lord.
(wish I had a link to share )

Also an HP movie... in #1... The first few scenes with the Mirror of Erised. In fact... I'm going to get a tattoo of that scene because I absolutely love it
http://youtu.be/Kn7cR_8_vAg

Oh... and in Kinky Boots... the runway scene in Milan!
http://youtu.be/_shp6h0gmRw
(Plus... good looking guys in sexy hooker boots... **thumbsup**)

I have odd tastes, lol. I find it hard to have favourite scenes... I tend to like the movies as a whole, and therefor don't have many favourite movies.

Last edited by CarlaSixx; 09-20-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added links
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #10
BeerMe

BeerMe can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess87 View Post
The hallway fight scene in Oldboy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA It's all kinds of brilliant. The overall side-scrolling video game feel of it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
Definitely one of my favorites.

Iím a major film nerd and some of my favorite scenes come off as pretentious/douchey.

There Will Be Blood: The first 10 minutes
The Firemenís Ball: The fire
The Wages of Fear: Cigarette rolling in the truck
Forgetting Sarah Marshall: the Dracula song at the bar
Also, I saw Drive over the weekend and the first getaway scene is ridiculously awesome.
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundrevelry View Post
Zydrate Anatomy from Repo! The Genetic Opera: http://youtu.be/NG2u-wSvOZ8
That was one of the very few good parts of a very bad movie. And it's the only part I would watch again.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #12
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I....I just can't. The list would be too long.

BTW, Roundrevelry, Repo! is my favorite film of all time (currently, and has been since it's release). My favorite part is a deleted scene though. This isn't my list, because as previously stated...but Graverobber in this scene is PRICELESS. His first line is my favorite line in the whole movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oegyyx1WeU

Last edited by theronin23; 09-21-2011 at 02:13 AM.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 AM   #13
roundrevelry
Resident Geek

roundrevelry does more than just post hot picsroundrevelry does more than just post hot picsroundrevelry does more than just post hot pics

@Goreki, I totally disagree about Repo! being a very bad movie! I mean, I doubt it's camp was not deliberate. But I can understand why it would not be everyone's cup of tea. Can you at least acknowledge the fact that Sarah Brightman and Anthony Head (aka Giles lol) were both absolutely amazing in this movie?!

@theronin23, Graverobber is a great character! That scene is great as a standalone. BUT if it were included I'd be scratching my head, wondering where the hell Shilo went off to. lol

Here's another scene from my favorite B movie, The Video Dead: http://youtu.be/YEHEdwsbD9A
Old 09-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #14
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
@Goreki, I totally disagree about Repo! being a very bad movie! I mean, I doubt it's camp was not deliberate. But I can understand why it would not be everyone's cup of tea. Can you at least acknowledge the fact that Sarah Brightman and Anthony Head (aka Giles lol) were both absolutely amazing in this movie?!
Anthony Head shits rainbows no matter what he's doing. Sarah Brightman was pretty, and not unpleasant to listen to but that's about it.
I disliked repo because of it's shitty rhyming and song structure and it's ridiculously bad story telling. It had a lot of potential in with all the crap but unfortunately that just made it harder to watch. It kept lifting your hopes up a little and dashing them again.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #15
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
@theronin23, Graverobber is a great character! That scene is great as a standalone. BUT if it were included I'd be scratching my head, wondering where the hell Shilo went off to. lol

According to the song order, "Try My New Parts" is after "Can't Get If Up If The Girl's Breathing?" Which would have occurred in between when Rotti goes to pick up Shilo and brings her to the festival. It would make sense if the put it back in.

Fingers crossed for an extended edition one day.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #16
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin23 View Post
According to the song order, "Try My New Parts" is after "Can't Get If Up If The Girl's Breathing?" Which would have occurred in between when Rotti goes to pick up Shilo and brings her to the festival. It would make sense if the put it back in.

Fingers crossed for an extended edition one day.

0.o
Old 09-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #17
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess87 View Post

That fight scene is totally brutal and awesome, up there with the best. I'm not a huge fan of movies from Asia (aside from Battle Royale, The Killer, Hard Boiled..maybe a couple of others) but they sure know how to do fight scenes.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of my favorite screen kisses. Tomboy secretly in love with a grease monkey who's in love with a popular girl ---Mary Stewart Masterson and Eric Stolz/Some Kind of Wonderful. ahhhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dstO...eature=related

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
roundrevelry
Resident Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
Anthony Head shits rainbows no matter what he's doing. Sarah Brightman was pretty, and not unpleasant to listen to but that's about it.
I disliked repo because of it's shitty rhyming and song structure and it's ridiculously bad story telling. It had a lot of potential in with all the crap but unfortunately that just made it harder to watch. It kept lifting your hopes up a little and dashing them again.
I feel like the truly rotten characters got bad songs deliberately. The best songs of the movie all come from the "good" characters. Including Repo Man.

@theronin23, I see. I assumed it came before Zydrate Anatomy.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #20
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Quote:
I feel like the truly rotten characters got bad songs deliberately. The best songs of the movie all come from the "good" characters. Including Repo Man.
Then explain the abomination that is chase the morning?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #21
roundrevelry
Resident Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
Then explain the abomination that is chase the morning?
Lol I mostly like that song. There is an awkward bit toward the end. Listen, maybe you should lower your expectations and re-watch it. I mean... the cast includes Paris Hilton and Bill Moseley. You couldn't have been expecting another Sweeney Todd!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #22
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Definitely one of my fav scene! maybe except the part of men with pot belly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfN2SpUqfPM
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #23
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Pretty much any scene with Walter Sobchak in Big Lebowski
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When Tom Hanks was having a fiery argument with Wilson in Castaway. When you look at it you think he is crazy, but then when you think about it and he was like 4 or 5 years alone then it makes sense.

I nearly cried when he lost Wilson in the water
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #25
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
That fight scene is totally brutal and awesome, up there with the best. I'm not a huge fan of movies from Asia (aside from Battle Royale, The Killer, Hard Boiled..maybe a couple of others) but they sure know how to do fight scenes.
The tracking shot done in the hospital in Hard Boiled is amazing. That movie is so ridiculously packed with action that it's actually shocking it doesn't totally suck.

On Asian films Kakihara smoking in Ichi the Killer is way fun to watch.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote