Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #51
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In "Life is Beautiful", near the end when Joshua is hiding in the box and his father gets caught. The father knows he's being led around the corner to be killed but also knows his son is watching, so he starts a silly march and makes eye contact with Joshua, smiling and winking. OMG - the selflessness of the father brings me to tears. I LOVE this movie.
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #52
imogenbakerbell

imogenbakerbell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesimogenbakerbell can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
This scene is from 9 1/2 weeks where she is reflecting on the relationship (wink wink..lol).....enjoy
That was hot! That's one to put on my "to watch" list.

Scenes from a couple of my favourite films: First, the beginning to Secretary. It's just weirdly sexy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28W3d3brIf0 (Actually, the whole film is weirdly sexy. Though it bothers me when Mr. Grey throws the doughnuts in the bin. In my version of Secretary, Maggie Gyllenhaal forces James Spader to bend over and eat the doughnuts off the desk, while giving him a good spanking, hehehe).

And a scene from The Piano, which is probably my absolute favourite film - one of my favourite scenes is this one (which is right towards the end, unfortunately, so if you don't want spoilers, don't watch; also, I'm miffed it's not the entire scene): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLUrE...feature=relmfu
imogenbakerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Any scene in the movie "RED" John Malkovich is in. . His delivery of some of the most bizarre lines are priceless. . not to mention hysterical. . Not exactly "Oscar" material, but a good diversion..
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #54
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was a kid, I saw Event Horizon in theatres and thought that the gravity drive room and gore scenes were the coolest shit ever, as was the use of Funky Shit in the end credits. Recently, I watched the SFX extra on the DVD and learned that it was originally going to have so many more "visions from Hell" sequences, but some shitty test audiences couldn't handle it, so a lot of it ending up getting cut. They should have been eviscerated for that

Sorry, but this thread just gave me movie nostalgia!

American Psycho was also packed with great scenes: the hobo getting stabbed, the chainsaw dropping onto the whore, the washing of the leather gloves, the idiotic (yet hilarious) business card colour scene, and let's not forget the axe to the face.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #55
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I totally wanted to be in on that business card scene.

"oh my God, look at it. So beautiful...."

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #56
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love every second of Dangerous Liaisons but this 5 or so minutes is beyond brilliant.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #57
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
When I was a kid, I saw Event Horizon in theatres and thought that the gravity drive room and gore scenes were the coolest shit ever, as was the use of Funky Shit in the end credits. Recently, I watched the SFX extra on the DVD and learned that it was originally going to have so many more "visions from Hell" sequences, but some shitty test audiences couldn't handle it, so a lot of it ending up getting cut. They should have been eviscerated for that

Sorry, but this thread just gave me movie nostalgia!

American Psycho was also packed with great scenes: the hobo getting stabbed, the chainsaw dropping onto the whore, the washing of the leather gloves, the idiotic (yet hilarious) business card colour scene, and let's not forget the axe to the face.
Isn't the remainder of the Hell dimension footage lost forever? Event Horizon has a pretty large following. I went to see the movie as a joke (oh wow, Hellraiser in SPAAAACE) but ended up loving the flick. The friend I went to see it with agreed and we really wanted to see more of what happened to the original crew.

American Psycho (the book) is fun. The chainsaw dropping scene is pretty much the only one that didn't have some basis in the book. Either way, Bret Easton Ellis is one of my favorite authors.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #58
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post

Your card would definitely be Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
Isn't the remainder of the Hell dimension footage lost forever?
They showed some of the extra footage in the DVD special features - basically, when the Event Horizon went through the wormhole to Hell, the crew went insane and had some kind of orgy where they mutilated and fucked each other to death. I think they've still got all the original footage, but it's shit quality (on tapes or something). Not entirely sure...I love this movie and have seen it a dozen times or so, but it doesn't quite enter into the "obsession" category, where I know every bit of minutiae about it (Earthbound trivia occupies most of that space in my mind!).
Old 02-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Steve Martin's rant at the car rental place in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Best. Scene. Ever. Haha

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 AM   #60
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I tell people to get a gosh damn job constantly because of the hobo scene.

So much in American Psycho has made it into my (and my whole family's) lexicon. As a matter of fact, when I did my AMA thread on reddit, the ice got broken with an American Psycho reference. It was beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post

It's even got a watermark.

P.S. I'm surprised no one's said "The money shot" yet.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #61
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
In "Life is Beautiful", near the end when Joshua is hiding in the box and his father gets caught. The father knows he's being led around the corner to be killed but also knows his son is watching, so he starts a silly march and makes eye contact with Joshua, smiling and winking. OMG - the selflessness of the father brings me to tears. I LOVE this movie.
Absolutely! The movie is probably one of the best balances between tragedy and comedy ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
I love every second of Dangerous Liaisons but this 5 or so minutes is beyond brilliant.
Totally agree! The malice of sophisticated decadence rules!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #62
samuraiscott
True Story

samuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticedsamuraiscott never has a post go unnoticed

I like the whole "Dangerous Minds" and "Sleepy Hollow" movies. I made out during both of them and it took me years to finally actually watch both of them.

http://samuraiscott.blogspot.com/
samuraiscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #63
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

The Third Man
Harry Lime explains the thought process of politicians and corporate executives everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=1152223695740
(2:00 to 7:00)
Old 09-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #64
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

http://youtu.be/hR69EKvcW-4

Kaneda's Death "SUNSHINE"

Excellent flick. Brilliantly directed, acted & scored.
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #65
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Any movie where someone says "Secure the perimeter” or “Try to get some rest".

ten points to anyone who gets the reference
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #66
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfred View Post
Any movie where someone says "Secure the perimeter” or “Try to get some rest".

ten points to anyone who gets the reference
"Batman and Robin" during the scene where the credits started rolling.

Kidding, I didn't get past 20 minutes of that piece of shit.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #67
ffaboots

ffaboots can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesffaboots can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Movie: Ghost World

Scene: the mullet guy (MG) and convenience store owner (CSO) are arguing because the MG is shirtless in the store.
Ghost World is amazing--two other highlights for me are when they leave the note on Josh's door ("We came here to f*** you, but you were not home. Therefore, you are gay. Love, Tiffani and Amber"), and the entire training scene in the movie theater--"Do you guys sell beer?" "I wish. Actually, YOU wish, after about five minutes of this movie."

Another movie where I think the writing and most of the performances are incredible even though the movie's not perfect is Easy A--"No judgement, but you kind of look like stripper...a high end stripper! For governors, or athletes."
ffaboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #68
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think this f**king covers it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jRhgNp-fNc
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #69
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

The elevator kiss in the movie Drive. It made me catch my breath. You just know what's coming next so the innocence of that kiss was perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgNt_oJnZpA
Old 09-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #70
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

I have dozens! Since I recently rewatch this 2 movies...

1- From "Ratatouille"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YG4h5GbTqU

2- From "The Wild Bunch"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLEcgNxqDw

Last edited by Mckee; 09-29-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Mckee is offline   Reply With Quote