Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default BBQ Nachos

I had these a few months a go when I went back to Memphis for the BBQ Cookoff and they were simply amazing. I had them from Corky's (Some of you may be familiar with them and their amzing ribs.) Here's the template straight from the Corky's menu:

Crisp tortilla chips loaded with pulled pork shoulder or pulled hickory smoked chicken, cheese sauce, Corky's Bar-B-Q sauce, dusted with our special seasoning and topped with jalapeņo peppers

I had them with the pork (of course) and they blew my mind. The serving was huge and was a meal unto itself. Not bad for $8. It was like I found the missing link between Tennessee and Texas cuisine.

Anyone else here indulged in this delicacy as well?
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I haven't had this exactly, but the Cafe Rio chain makes a bbq'd pork taco salad that is unbelievably delicious... I love sweet/spicy/hot flavors togethers....
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Memphis is the must-do pilgrimage of the bbq world. I was fortunate to make in the journey in 1998, with several visits to Corky's. While I don't remember this particular menu item.. its a sign that I must go back. Soon.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Memphis is the must-do pilgrimage of the bbq world. I was fortunate to make in the journey in 1998, with several visits to Corky's. While I don't remember this particular menu item.. its a sign that I must go back. Soon.
BBQ nachos didn't come about til 97-98. They were developed/invented about that time by one of the local concessionaires for the Memphis Redbirds ballgames.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote