Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fat longings

Whenever I gain a few pounds, my desire to gain more just cascades.

A recent move of my office had me swap commuting by bike for aless strenuous commute by walking, and naturally the result is that I put on a little weight. Not much, should be a big deal, wouldn't be to most people, I guess, they'd sensibly cut back on food a bit or find some more excercise or just accept the few pounds and carry on.

But me, right now, I’m walking around in an almost constant daydream of just giving up all restraint, of snacking near constantly, of growing ever rounder and softer.

I play with mental images trying to imagine what I’d look like fifty pounds heavier, a hundred pounds heavier, twice my current weight. Almost everything triggers my imagination: sitting at my computer I wonder how much farther my chair would have to be back to allow room for my belly at various sizes, then when I get up from my chair I wonder how my motions to do that would change, as I walk away I wonder how much I’d be waddling, how much I’d be jiggling, how would my gait change, would I be breathing harder….

It’s a freaking frenzy of fat fantasies, and it is driving me crazy. I decided long ago to not give in further to these desires, but weeks like this make it so, so, SO hard to resist….it just all feels so lovely.

Anyone else ever get fat longings? What triggers them for you? How do you handle them?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics
Default Fat Longings--Me Too!

Tad:

Reading your post is so like what I often experience. Usually when I have given up exercising for a while and have put on a few more pounds, I too find myself fantasizing about what it would be like to be even bigger. I try to keep those feelings in check, but sometimes it is almost overwhelming and I find myself wanting to stop and treat myself to a huge fudge sundae or go out to lunch and just stuff myself with pasta, wine and dessert and enjoy the process of growing fatter. I start thinking I will give up all exercise and just get softer and fatter and find the thought is so overwhelmingly pleasent.

The only way I can bring myself back to reality is to realize I may not be able to do some of the physical things I enjoy now (like golf) and recognize that my weight gain is already having a somewhat negative effect on my game. And I really can't be buying new clothes every other month, so that helps to tap down those feelings and keep them in check. But it is difficult nonetheless so I don't really have any great recommendations on how to deal with those feelings other to say you are not alone in feeling that way.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I’m walking around in an almost constant daydream of just giving up all restraint, of snacking near constantly, of growing ever rounder and softer.

I play with mental images trying to imagine what I’d look like fifty pounds heavier, a hundred pounds heavier, twice my current weight.

It’s a freaking frenzy of fat fantasies, and it is driving me crazy. I decided long ago to not give in further to these desires, but weeks like this make it so, so, SO hard to resist….it just all feels so lovely.
Same here - have these feeling regularly.
I haven't found out what triggers them - and the urgent desires go away again after a week or two. Last time I went shopping I actually tried on clothing 3-4 sizes too big and imagined how it would be if I filled those out ... yeah it did drive me crazy!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzi View Post
S Last time I went shopping I actually tried on clothing 3-4 sizes too big and imagined how it would be if I filled those out ... yeah it did drive me crazy!
yah, I've done that too, if I'm shopping while in the throes of those desires!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
... I decided long ago to not give in further to these desires, but weeks like this make it so, so, SO hard to resist….
Ah, the power of fatness, or the fat bug as it's sometimes called. It's wonderfully seductive and almost irresistible. Since you get so much enjoyment out of it but impose those constraints on yourself, why don't you reward yourself just a little?
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
BigWiscGuy

BigWiscGuy has said some nice things

I say go for it Tad! I have read and enjoyed your posts for many years. You have been thinking about it for a long time, and I think it is time to give in. You don't have to gain a hundred pounds, but an extra fifty might be what you need and go from there.

I have given in and I don't regret it one bit. I enjoy food and enjoy being a fat guy. It's who I am. My wife likes me being a big guy as well. I have gone from 190 lbs up to 315lbs. Right now I am at 275lbs, and will eventually be over 300 again. Just because you are fat and gaining doesn't mean you have to give up a more healthy lifestyle either. I try to eat better and work out a few times a week. It may slow down some of my gains, but in the long term it will be for the better.

It sounds like you have a great opportunity to let the lbs come on as well, it would be a shame to let that go to waste. I have all of the same feelings you have, and you do have to give in sometimes. I know it made me much happier when I stopped fighting it. Good luck and feel free to message me if you like.
BigWiscGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
gonnabeBIG

gonnabeBIG has said some nice things

Just remember to exercise too. Mobility is the biggest issue with weight gain.
gonnabeBIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Bumping the thread. I often times consider what it would be like if I would have kept going on the route that I was going...It gives me some release from the tedium at work during the night...
JASmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

Sometimes when I look at women much larger than me I envy them. But then I think of the mobility issues being a problem and the difficulties I would have finding clothes to fit me. I have enough of those problems already.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote