Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default In-N-Out Fries -- Yay or Ney?

I love In-N-Out burgers, but rank their fries pretty low. What puzzles me is that you can see how they obviously start with nice, fresh potatoes, cut them, then fry them. So from fresh potatoes to fries in your baskets it's like two minutes. Yet, to me they feel and taste disappointingly flat and downright mummified.

So, In-N-Out fries, yay or ney?
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I say nay. Only had them once but I was very disappointed. Too limp for me.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

to me they were the best, not as greasy as McD's or Burger King.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

The fryer temperature is too low. If a restaurant is going to fry he potatoes once, which I believe they do, the temperature should be around 370-375. Most places "Double Fry", give a two minute soak in fat/oil at 325, rest, then another two minutes at a higher temp. That's what gives them a good crispness and does NOT allow them to be limp when hot.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like that they actually taste like a potato. Of course, I normally get them animal style..
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Also Nay. I prefer to go thru the In-n-Out drive-in, and then drive down the street to either MickeyDs or Wendys for the fries.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Nay from me too. Which is really surprising since their double-double is almost the best thing going....
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

I'm not much of a fry fan, but the ones at In n Out are kinda gross. I guess they taste good in that nostalgic kinda way (or served animal style) but I almost never get fries when I go there. I get a grilled cheese sandwich, with my burger, instead.

(fatty mcfatterson)

God I miss that place. Fat Burger has amazing fries, though!
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
rickydaniels

rickydaniels does more than just post hot picsrickydaniels does more than just post hot picsrickydaniels does more than just post hot picsrickydaniels does more than just post hot pics
Default Yay!!!!

YAY!!! can you say REAL POTATOES!!! They're the best! I TOTALLY MISS THAT PLACE!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #10
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think they're fine. The lack of greasiness has never stopped me...

I think the problem is that the burgers are so damn good that it makes average fries seem lame by comparison.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

For people who don't like the fries as they are, you can always ask for them "well done." This gets them crispier and more similar to other places.

I'm fine with them - they are not my favorite fries, but when I get them animal style (slathered with melted cheese, special sauce, and grilled onions), I love 'em.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #12
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nay!!

"real" potatoes or not, their fries remind me of styrofoam or cardboard. Bleh. I never liked them.

They do have good burgers though (the bun seems so hot and buttery) and this thread makes me miss Northern Cali A LOT!!!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep
Default Nay

Asked for "well done" - Yucky - Too dry and cardboard-y. Burger twas good though!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I say Yay! I love them, and i love them animal style! Sigh..... wish they had an In and Out over this way, if i want it, i have to drive over the mountian......Now i have a craving,lol
Old 10-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Speaking of fries, there is a place in Portland area called Te-Bo's . They are proud of their hand cut fries, which are limp just like the ones at 5 guy's. So it is true that double frying at a high temp is a way to avoid the problem of limp fries. I like thick "home style" fries myself. I also love tater tots.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #16
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Im glad they just opened an In-N-Out in my town not too far from where i live, i can finally try it and see what all the fuss is about. LOL