Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
blackguyj2009

blackguyj2009 has said some nice things
Default How many BBWS here can bench press 200 pounds or more?

is there a big correlation between bench press and being big?
blackguyj2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
blackguyj2009

i think the powerlifting women are sexy, so thats why i ask that question. BBW + heavy weight lifting = sexy.
the white bbws are my favorites, the ones that powerlift.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The green M&Ms are my fave.

I don't lift weights.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I did, but was turned off by creepy guys staring at me while I was working out.

Now, I do yoga, at home, where the only creepy guys staring at me are of the feline variety.

Also, green m&ms are the best.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
I did, but was turned off by creepy guys staring at me while I was working out.

Now, I do yoga, at home, where the only creepy guys staring at me are of the feline variety.

Also, green m&ms are the best.

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackguyj2009 View Post
is there a big correlation between bench press and being big?
May have more to do with physics as some big Bench Pressers have shorter arms with respect to their torso...
Big Deadlifters - Longer Arms shorter legs ...
But, there are aways exceptions...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
blackguyj2009

that response is interesting...i always thought about the short arm advantage..didnt know if it was any truth to it...
for grapplin would the short arm person have the advantage..would a powerlifter make a better grappler then say a basketball player or lanky lad
Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 PM   #8
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
I'm sorry! I just like to not be stared at while I'm all gross and working out.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
I'm sorry! I just like to not be stared at while I'm all gross and working out.
Nothing is sexier than seeing a gorgeous BBW workout !!!!

Just like going to Muscle Beach

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Quote:
Nothing is sexier than seeing a gorgeous BBW workout !!!!

Just like going to Muscle Beach
But you don't have to stare and make us uncomfortable. Just file it away for later!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
But you don't have to stare and make us uncomfortable. Just file it away for later!
Agreed staring is a no-no ... an admiring glance and even to offer to help "spot" would be ok

Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Quote:
Agreed staring is a no-no ... an admiring glance and even to offer to help "spot" would be ok
Exactly.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to body build.. When i had access to a gym. My max was around 175 bench press. I could do that weight for 3 sets of 10 reps. I could leg press over 450lbs too. I loved being able to flex every muscle group on back. I can still make my boobs go up and down when flexing my pecks
I think body building is so much fun. I'm probably going to be joining a gym once my schedule slows down a bit.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can. I do strength training. Don't let this pic fool you. I weigh more than I look.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 10-30-2011 at 03:57 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #15
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can, as well. We look fluffy, but we're strong. We're out there

My job requires me to be able to lift dead weight by myself (no pun intended for those that know what I do lol). It took awhile until i was able to, but it's so worth it!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #16
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

I saw this great tee shirt online...

Old 10-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

ANOTHER COOL TEE SHIRT

Old 10-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #18
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Haha great thread!
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 AM   #19
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

My upper body strength sucks. All my power is in my legs
Old 10-08-2011, 02:07 AM   #20
Heyyou
On Timeout

Location: Get a map, connect the dots, draw a horsie, throw a dart. 82% chance i been there or live there now.
Heyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging inHeyyou makes people happy simply by logging in
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
Haha great thread!
DAANG I have to agree! And being on Facebook with the great "Amazon Amanda" is... quite amazing.

Its also true.. muscle weighs more than fat!

To answer the OPs question.. I think that muscular BBWs are "stronger" than "fat" BBWs/SSBBWs, healthier too.. BBWs are sort of naturally strong due to the size, the muscles just kind of develop in relation to body weight, but also, HELL YEA i think this thread is cool!

I also have a Youtube channel of a mother in her mid-30s that is getting down from the mid-300s to a goal weight and exercises INTENSELY, her name is Trini-Lez weight loss journey.. check it out here (ever see a mid-300lbs BBW do -dips?-) .. Most BBWs cant do that!

Here... http://www.youtube.com/user/trinilez4u2luv?feature=grec
Heyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #21
Rebel
Long Time Member

Rebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot pics

Thank you for bringing this wonderfully exciting subject up again.

One of my favorite things about BBWs is the very real sense of physical power that they carry. That power is of course particularly evident in muscular fat Amazons, and lifting weights is the perfect showcase for that.

My wife can bench press 225 lbs, by the way.

Yes, I am very well behaved!
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #22
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
To answer the OPs question.. I think that muscular BBWs are "stronger" than "fat" BBWs/SSBBWs, healthier too.. BBWs are sort of naturally strong due to the size, the muscles just kind of develop in relation to body weight, but also, HELL YEA i think this thread is cool!
That might not be true in all cases as there is a different type of training on bodybuilding vs. pure strength .. You can have a "Muscular" BBW in some cases be weaker for their "size" vs. BBW/SSBBW who may not be as "cut-up"... of course there can always be exceptions due to genetics, physiology etc.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #23
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Thank you for bringing this wonderfully exciting subject up again.

One of my favorite things about BBWs is the very real sense of physical power that they carry. That power is of course particularly evident in muscular fat Amazons, and lifting weights is the perfect showcase for that.

My wife can bench press 225 lbs, by the way.

Yes, I am very well behaved!
Well very impressive and now do you "spot" for your wife when she Bench Presses...

Old 10-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyyou View Post
DAANG I have to agree! And being on Facebook with the great "Amazon Amanda" is... quite amazing.

Its also true.. muscle weighs more than fat!

I also have a Youtube channel of a mother in her mid-30s that is getting down from the mid-300s to a goal weight and exercises INTENSELY, her name is Trini-Lez weight loss journey.. check it out here (ever see a mid-300lbs BBW do -dips?-) .. Most BBWs cant do that!

Here... http://www.youtube.com/user/trinilez4u2luv?feature=grec
Lol i believe muscle and fat weigh about the same it's just muscle takes up less space. I also believe having larger bones makes you alittle stronger. Larger stronger joints helps alot. I am naturally strong, it comes from somewhere my dad or just genetic. lol
Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #25
TheIceManVer2.0

TheIceManVer2.0 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTheIceManVer2.0 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

makes sense to some degree for a BBW to bench well, due to shorter range of motion. You have for example a 5'4 250lb apple shaped BBW, thats short arms, a lot of chest, which = weight doesn't have to move as far. Conversely, you have a 6'4 190lb guy w/ long arms. His bench press is going to suck in relation. I'm 6'1 225 and have really long arms. My bench is 240lbs LESS than my deadlift. Proves Tony's point.