Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Bacon

There.

That got your attention, didn't it. We haven't had a bacon thread for a while. Post you're bacon-related subject matter here.

- Jim
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I rendered a whole pound of bacon today for a recipe. Drained off most of it before cooking my veggies in it and had the actual cooked bacon draining on a towel.

I suddenly got a craving for popcorn and a genus idea occurred. I popped a bag, drizzled bacon fat over it and add in some of the chopped, cooked bacon. OMG. So good.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I rendered a whole pound of bacon today for a recipe. Drained off most of it before cooking my veggies in it and had the actual cooked bacon draining on a towel.

I suddenly got a craving for popcorn and a genus idea occurred. I popped a bag, drizzled bacon fat over it and add in some of the chopped, cooked bacon. OMG. So good.
hmmm...I think bacon would be even more yummy mixed into some warm kettle corn...
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post

Now, bacon flavored popcorn sounds delish. Yes please.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've been trying to find a low sodium hickery smoked bacon - THICK CUT, but I can't seem to find it...It's all the regular bacon. Makes me sad. A sad fat girl, indeed.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Publix has that style of bacon; I just don't know if there's a Publix near you.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just replenished my bacon supply this weekend. Thick cut, 16 oz. packages. on sale 3 for $10. One in the fridge, two in the freezer.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'ma gonna blasphemize. Bacon isn't generally in my "like" category. I'll gladly accept it on a Wendy's 'Baconator,' but other than that I can take it or leave it.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpi View Post
I'ma gonna blasphemize. Bacon isn't generally in my "like" category. I'll gladly accept it on a Wendy's 'Baconator,' but other than that I can take it or leave it.

I was the same way until I found out about bacon flavored desserts. The idea intrigued me so I started experimenting myself and now I have a real appreciation for the stuff. Give me bacon flavored bacon wrapped in bacon drizzeled over with a bacon sauce and I will be on a bacon fueled high for days. Ahhhh.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
Now, bacon flavored popcorn sounds delish. Yes please.
I have some hickory bacon salt, and it's AWESOME on popcorn. Check it out at the Bacon Salt website. They even have Baconnaise! Bacon flavored mayo!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
olwen
Disco Bear

Oh I wonder if I could make the bacon mayo. And even tho I just heard of it, I must have bacon salt and can't live without it! LOL I will look at the website.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
olwen
Disco Bear

Looked at the ingredients for bacon salt. Unfortunately it contains the trifecta of things my body can't tolerate: wheat protein, soy protein, and MSG which gives me massive headaches. This makes me rather sad.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #14
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Can't forget the kitties that are bacon fans ...

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Definitely one of the more unusual items....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #16
olwen
Disco Bear

A baby pig eating baby bacon food. Yuk. They need a new marketing team.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #17
Amazon Leilo Blair

Amazon Leilo Blair has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
There.

That got your attention, didn't it. We haven't had a bacon thread for a while. Post you're bacon-related subject matter here.

- Jim
BACON IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a big girl who loves my bacon....
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
I have some hickory bacon salt, and it's AWESOME on popcorn. Check it out at the Bacon Salt website. They even have Baconnaise! Bacon flavored mayo!
I am pretty much anti-mayo but a bacon flavored one could make me change my ways!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had the best bacon ever at a party a few weeks ago. Maybe it seems odd to serve it as an appetizer, but we were all gathered around the end of the table that had pieces of bacon baked with a brown sugar, cinnamon and cardamom rub.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:56 AM   #20
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ah yes - Pig Candy. Its also quite good when covered with dark brown sugar, black pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Standard appetizer for brunches or bbq's.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #21
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" They even have Baconnaise! Bacon flavored mayo! "

We bought a jar of that once, and aside from just being awesome on sandwiches, it adds a nice bit of flavor to salads that you'd use mayonnaise in. I made potato salad with it, and that turned out really well. I also made my husband some egg salad with it and he loved it (I am not an egg salad fan though). I also used it in a broccoli salad recipe that calls for crumbled bacon anyway, it was just extra bacon-y and everybody at the potluck I brought it to that likes stuff like broccoli salad thought it was good.

Tracy
Old 10-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #22
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Old 10-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #23
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Default Bacon Jam

Bacon Jam

Has anyone tried this??????

Bacon Jam
An Original Recipe by Not Quite Nigella

•500grams/1 pound smoked bacon (or use regular bacon and liquid smoke)
•4 cloves garlic, chopped
•1 medium brown onion sliced
•3 tablespoons brown sugar
•Tabasco sauce (according to taste)
•1 cup coffee
•1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
•1/4 cup maple syrup
•Black pepper to taste
•extra water
1. In a non stick pan, fry the bacon in batches until lightly browned and beginning to crisp. Using a pair of scissors cut into 1 inch pieces.

2. Fry the onion and garlic in the rendered bacon fat on medium heat until translucent.

After 5 minutes of cooking

3. Transfer the bacon, onion and garlic into a heavy based cast iron pot and add the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Simmer for 2 hours adding 1/4 of a cup of water every 25-30 minutes or so and stirring.

After 2 hours of cooking

4. When ready, cool for about 15-20 minutes and then place in a food processor. Pulse for 2-3 seconds so that you leave some texture to the “jam” or of course you could keep whizzing and make it a smoother and more paste like.

Source

Bacon Jam- Wildest Dreams Come True (Nigella)

Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #24
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Bacon Jam

Has anyone tried this??????

ew, this just looks horrific, and the recipe completely grossed me out
Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #25
olwen
Disco Bear

Maybe if he sold it as bacon pate? I'd try that.