Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #26
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Extremely conservative, traditional and thin-obsessed Asian parents. They had more of an issue with the gender of my exes (same-sex relationship) than their size - none are supersized by Dims standards though. They also seemed to be much more forgiving of "extra weight" on other ethnicities.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #27
Tkscz

Tkscz can now change their title

My mom doesn't care as long as I don't "Bring dem girls from the internet in her house."

My Dad doesn't notice. I mean it, when I bring it up sometimes it's usually a "I know that Theo."
Tkscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #28
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

"She's to scrawny for you", that was my Dads comment to a girl who was interested in me, when I was 19.
One of my Moms comments was: "Of course, you can choose a big girl".
Old 10-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #29
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

Even before I started dating my mom wished out loud I'd meet someone lean and fit who'd inspire me to loose weight. Every time I brought home a boy bigger than 200 lbs, it was automaticly his reason if I gained any. Their size however was never a topic or concern. I guess that me being a big girl explained it all.

My brother is FA (he just doesn't know a name for it) and shares tastes with dad. Mom nags to him and his gf as much as she does to me.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #30
J_Underscore

J_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot pics

The first girl my parents knew about was my 'internet' gf back in 08. She was around 550-600lbs that year.
The 2nd was my ex of 6-months. Met her early 07 and we started going out early 2010. 330-400lbs
The Only girl my parent's have actually met is the girl I started going out with September 2010, My fiance . Through our relationship she's always been between 350 & 420lbs.

You would think that my parents would have guessed by now that I'm an FA, but I've still never seen so much of a hint that they've figured it out hahaha
J_Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #31
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

In a recent conversation with my mom I learned she finds my taste in women "adorable" due to the contrast and such, and usually how sweet both parties are towards each other.
There's no question everyone knows my preferences, as other than the first girl I've ever dated I've brought home nothing but either women in the 18-22 size range, or way way WAY bigger, lol.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #32
Mauiboy

Mauiboy has said some nice things

My mom and dad were awesome and it was a non-issue and never even came up. If I was happy, they were happy for me.

I am the oldest of three boys and when I started dating my brothers were a huge pain. I think that's probably a general statement more than anything specific to any preference I had/have.
Mauiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #33
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When my hormones were kicking in (14 or so) and I became very interested in girls, my father would tell a joke anytime I pointed out a girl to him that I thought was attractive (typically she would be about 5'0"/220), but, from the day a girl drove me home from school (5'6"/280ish), he accepted it fully and sincerely.

My mother would give me the line "(GF) is really a nice person, but I wish you would date other girls".

My little sister did not like it a bit. She would always say "all my friends and I agree, you could do better", and never had a conversation with her (my little sister eventually moved out-of-state).

In contrast, my sister-in-law (brother's wife) cheered us on, gave me advice on how to date my GF, talked me out of breaking it up after an early worry about compatibility, and they became good friends.
RabbitScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #34
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

Never brought it up.

The way I see it, such things are none of my parents' business.

Than again, I suppose it beats the fact that I've had the gay talk with my mom. Because obviously a son not expressing any interest in women and keeping such things to himself means he's secretly a closet case . Add onto the fact that I distinctly remember that accusation going my way both from a teacher on the last day and to my "friends" in highschool.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #35
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

well they did always push me to be 'different'

my dad thinks it's cool, not sure if he entirely 'gets it' but who cares

my mom doesn't really GAF but is always "just worried about her health"
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #36
vrehert

vrehert has said some nice things

at first they didn't accepted it, but when i ignored them for 3 years (because of my relationship at that time) they now accept every gall i would come home with.
vrehert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #37
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't think either of my parents entirely "get it" but I've had frank discussions with them both. I think they both realise they can't change that part about me, and in general I think they've been [otherwise] excited by the kind of women I've brought home. I think they also appreciate that I've worked hard to do well in most every other aspect in my life, so there has been a bit of spillover of trust into this one as well, albeit much more unconventional.

Although my parents were a touch loath to it at first, it really hasn't been that dramatic of an issue.

Dad: So what you're telling me I'm probably going to have a fat daughter-in-law someday?

Jay: Yep. That's what I've been working on.

Dad: Huh. Okay. You know I'm into thin women, right?

Jay: Yes. You've made that very clear, Dad. *sips beer to hide eye roll*

Last edited by Jay West Coast; 11-28-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Modified repost
Jay West Coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #38
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
I don't think either of my parents entirely "get it" but I've had frank discussions with them both. I think they both realise they can't change that part about me, and in general I think they've been [otherwise] excited by the kind of women I've brought home. I think they also appreciate that I've worked hard to do well in most every other aspect in my life, so there has been a bit of spillover of trust into this one as well, albeit much more unconventional.

Although my parents were a touch loath to it at first, it really hasn't been that dramatic of an issue.

Dad: So what you're telling me I'm probably going to have a fat daughter-in-law someday?

Jay: Yep. That's what I've been working on.

Dad: Huh. Okay. You know I'm into thin women, right?

Jay: Yes. You've made that very clear, Dad. *sips beer to hide eye roll*
Question, has your dad ever insulted fat people in front of you?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #39
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Question, has your dad ever insulted fat people in front of you?
Ever said anything size-insensitive? Probably. But these days he's fairly respectful about that sort of thing--at least while I'm present.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:55 AM   #40
Clock-King

Clock-King can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesClock-King can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Gonna be totally honest here, but I've never told my parents. I'm not totally sure how they'd react, or more importantly, I don't know how I'd bring it up.

My parents and sister have been overweight for a long time (partly because of genetics) and don't like it because their personalities lean towards wanting to do active, social things, and they feel self-conscious and hindered by it. My mom has fought against her weight since she had me (where she gained most of it), and she has a tendency to sarcastically bash herself for her weight at random times, and has even given me dating advice along the lines of "just be careful with her weight - you gain a lot of weight after having kids, so imagine what it'll be like if she's already big before that." I know she means well with her advice, but it's also an extension of her own dislike of her weight. The thing is, she doesn't know that for me that's actually a turn-on.

My dad most likely would be cool with it now, but it's more of a case of how do I explain it to him without sounding sick. When I was in 7th grade and I first discovered the world of BBWs and SSBBWs on this very site, I downloaded some images of some very large women and copied it to a floppy disk off the family computer for some future use (maybe when I got my own computer) and deleted them. However I didn't know back then that to truly delete something you have to empty the recycle bin, and he saw them. He carefully but seriously brought it up and asked what they were doing there. I was so caught off guard and scared that I lied and said that I was doing a project in school on world records and I needed a picture for the world's fattest person, but my download included those and I deleted them. Believe it or not, he believed it and has never mentioned it again, but he did caution me and said something like "I just wanted to make sure if you're becoming interested in girls you know there are healthier ones out there."

Like my mom, I don't hold it against my dad, he was wanting to protect me during a time when I was just becoming interested in girls AND the internet was booming and he knew that I knew more about it than him. He was probably scared to death that I might be exposed to something sick on there out of his control. We've been through a lot and I've since opened up a lot about my thoughts on dating in the last few years since high school (didn't date in high school at all). He's a very encouraging person and after the initial shock, I think he'd understand.

The thing that I wonder though is do I really need to say anything to them? I'm not exclusively an FA when it comes to dating, as I'm also attracted to thin women. I haven't done much dating at all, so all they have to go on is a few girls I met who ranged from thin and tall to short and big. I've mentioned to both of them when they ask what type/size/height of girl I'm interested in, I say it doesn't matter to me.

Maybe in a way they kind of know already, at least that I'm just as attracted to larger women as thinner. Of course I'm not going to tell them about some of my fetishes, or that I like to draw and sculpt SSBBWs and super-obese girls, because I KNOW they won't understand those, and frankly I think that doesn't have to be known publicly. If I find a girl who shares those fetishes, then it's still just between me and her. I don't know...what do you guys think? My family has very traditional values, and while they will love me no matter what, I've kept this part of my life to myself for almost 14 years.
Clock-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #41
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My parents were pretty okay with it. They found out when I told them about my girlfriend Michele. They don't particularly care. They're just happy I found someone to love.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #42
ChubbyPuppy

ChubbyPuppy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesChubbyPuppy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesChubbyPuppy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My parents are very accepting people. The only time they've even implied disapproval of someone I was dating was if they knew he or she wasn't treating me right. That said, I've brought home people from 130-400lbs with no complaints whatsoever.
ChubbyPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #43
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
Ever said anything size-insensitive? Probably. But these days he's fairly respectful about that sort of thing--at least while I'm present.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Some of the things he said when I was younger I can't repeat here without getting banned.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
asbel_garcia123

asbel_garcia123 has said some nice things

I'm still hiding in the closet about it. Ever since the fiasco about my sexual orientation, let's just say it's not something I'm ready to share just yet, because I know they wouldn't understand.
asbel_garcia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Strange thing is that my parents have never mentioned the issue -- and I never brought it up. My mom really didn't like my ex who was a borderline SSBBW but weight wasn't the issue. My mom loves my wife (a true SSBBW) and is thrilled I'm not with "that woman" anymore.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #46
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great thread, some interesting posts...

My mom is totally fine with it, we have fun discussions about things like what we find attractive respectively. If she spots a good-looking BHM while we're out and about, she'll even point him out to me. I can see she doesn't realllly get it, but she totally accepts it nonetheless and I've always been open about it with her.

I guess you could say my Dad's a BHM himself, so I don't think he cares either way. He probably knows by now what kind of guy I'd find attractive, but we don't have the kind of relationship where we talk about that much.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #47
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

my mom just eventually noticed that the only thing that every single guy i dated had in common was that they're chubby.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #48
olly5764

olly5764 can now change their title

my mum was fine with it, even when I took really big girls home, my dad on the other hand, has been vile over it
olly5764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #49
wrenchboy

wrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 clubwrenchboy is a member of the 500 club

My Mom set me up on a blind date with a plus sized gal. How awesome is that! Many years and several overweight girls later I was describing a new girlfriend. Mom asked me if she was overweight. I said yes she is. She asked me why I like fat women. My reply to Mom was," why do you like the color turquoise or carousels ?" She said" I just do, that whats makes me happy" I said "Thats why I date the women I do, they make me happy too."
wrenchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #50
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly5764 View Post
my mum was fine with it, even when I took really big girls home, my dad on the other hand, has been vile over it
I know what that's like. I remember being 8-9 years old and he'd nudge me when a woman waddled by and say "Hey, how'd you like to wipe that ass?"

Little did he know that 20 years later I'd be marrying someone 6 feet tall and 350 pounds.