Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Preparing for eventual WLS

It is time for a change so today I took the first step towards WLS, hopefully a VSG. My health insurance company requires registration with their Bariatric Resource program which I did.

Found out that I qualify for WLS (my choice of procedure) but it will take at least six months of the program before I am allowed to actually go through with surgery. I am to receive an RN case manager who will lead/follow me through the pre and post operative periods.

I am excited but also wary of what will happen over the next six months. The case manager should contact me next week so we can officially start the process. We shall see how it progresses.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
It is time for a change so today I took the first step towards WLS, hopefully a VSG. My health insurance company requires registration with their Bariatric Resource program which I did.

Found out that I qualify for WLS (my choice of procedure) but it will take at least six months of the program before I am allowed to actually go through with surgery. I am to receive an RN case manager who will lead/follow me through the pre and post operative periods.

I am excited but also wary of what will happen over the next six months. The case manager should contact me next week so we can officially start the process. We shall see how it progresses.
Hey, Isa--
I hope things go the way you want, and that you're strong going into surgery!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hoping your surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Hey, Isa--
I hope things go the way you want, and that you're strong going into surgery!
Thanks Jes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
Hoping your surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Thanks Ash!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That's a huge step, Isa. I wish you the very best as you progress toward surgery, and the big changes ahead.

Let me know if you ever need to bend an ear, ok?
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
Isa
In search of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
That's a huge step, Isa. I wish you the very best as you progress toward surgery, and the big changes ahead.

Let me know if you ever need to bend an ear, ok?
Thank you Vickie, I really appreciate the support!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Best of luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Isa
In search of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Best of luck and I hope everything goes well for you.
Thanks CP!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:02 AM   #9
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good luck!

I had a VSG myself, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #10
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on

wish you much success and contentment. cheers, hon.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
Isa
In search of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Good luck!

I had a VSG myself, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.
Thanks Dromond, I appreciate the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBW Katerina View Post
wish you much success and contentment. cheers, hon.
Thank you Katerina!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #12
T'Rina / MsXXL
T'Rina

T'Rina / MsXXL can now change their title

Dont think of that 6 months as a stumbling block but as a gift.... before my WLS I had to do 6 months and I partied a lot and last suppered so much that I gained weight and my surgery was postponed til I could lose 33 pounds. I got serious because I realized if I could not behave so to speak for 6 months how was I going to do it my whole life.
from Aug 09 to jan 10 I lost 44 pounds and maintained it for 3 months then lost another 8 in the month before surgery. Now I KNOW I can lose weight, I know I can do not just my surgery doing it but ME. I also spent that last 6 months before WLS learning about food and how it effected me. Also because of the weight I lost I was able to get Lapro surgery and not open surgery.... no scar and quick healing, every pound you lose in the months before wld makes the procedure easier.
Good Luck