Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #26
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Indian food from that street in Manhattan that has like 100 Indian restaurants.....I forget if it's 5th or 6th St, but every restaurant I tried randomly was good to great, and I have yet to have Indian food anywhere that could compare.
Funny, Santa. When I wrote out my post I had listed "all of 6th street in the East Village" but then I deleted it because I couldn't remember if that was the street. Panna was my favorite place.

And Miss Jess:
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 AM   #27
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

The Macadamia Nut Brittle from Hilo Hattie's in Hawaii.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #28
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A tidbit: for chicago area peeps. Jay's potato chips, in the big blue and white box (with 2 bags inside) used to be JAPs, but then, during WW2, the owners thought: hmmmn, maybe a name change would be appropriate now. And I've always thought that was a shame b/c it makes it seem like they named their product to mimic Lay's which isn't true.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #29
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Wise was all I ate growing up but now Lays dominates the market. I hate it when people think wise is some generic lays rip off. I can't fine the cottage home chips anywhere (and I live in new york!)
I grew up in NJ and now live in Seattle. I have a thing for Wise Dipsy Doodles and Cheese Waffles. I actually contacted the company and they said they'd be glad to ship to me as long as I ordered an entire case. I did! A case of Cheese Waffles and they threw in about twenty extra bags of assorted goodies, Dipsy Doodles and Cottage Chips amongst them!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter

Last edited by sweetnnekked; 06-23-2006 at 11:59 AM.
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #30
The Obstreperous Ms. J
Omniscient Minority

The Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default If I had to pick one...

If I have to incur the wrath of Ms. Jes, I will have to put in my three cents..er...I mean..the three things that I wish I could import...

For all of NYC's fantasticness and foodiness, it lacks:

1. Shiner Bock Beer. For some odd reason, they don't have it here.
2. Salsa Verde Doritos. They had them here for a limited time EONS ago, but I've only found them in TX.
3. Banana Nut Ice Cream. A local dairy in my end of Texas that has the best ice cream ever, I don't know why the chains don't make it out here. Just bananas, vanilla ice cream and pecans. De-lish!

I've made my statement and now throw myself at the mercy of Ms. Jes.
The Obstreperous Ms. J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #31
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Papa John's Pizza. Love the stuff.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #32
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
New Yawk/Lawn Guyland pizza

New Yawk egg creams

Indian food from that street in Manhattan that has like 100 Indian restaurants.....I forget if it's 5th or 6th St, but every restaurant I tried randomly was good to great, and I have yet to have Indian food anywhere that could compare.

There's much more!
6th street! But many of the places are mediocre now. Better to visit Jackson Heights.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #33
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default One thing? not possible.

500g jars of Marmite,
Yorkshire Gold Teabags (there's places that import these on the net, but they want beaucoup dollars) and
apple-chicken chipolatas from Sainsbury's.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #34
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh
500g jars of Marmite,
Yorkshire Gold Teabags (there's places that import these on the net, but they want beaucoup dollars) and
apple-chicken chipolatas from Sainsbury's.
That's my favorite tea as well. One of the importers sometimes puts it on the sale page. I once got 80 bags for $2!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #35
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme
Do you like it when she's bad?
No. No, I very much do not, and she knows exactly why, too. We've discussed it. Via mysterious PMs.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #36
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Obstreperous Ms. J
If I have to incur the wrath of Ms. Jes, I will have to put in my three cents..er...I mean..the three things that I wish I could import...

2. Salsa Verde Doritos. They had them here for a limited time EONS ago, but I've only found them in TX.
3. Banana Nut Ice Cream. A local dairy in my end of Texas that has the best ice cream ever, I don't know why the chains don't make it out here. Just bananas, vanilla ice cream and pecans. De-lish!

one is one. ONE IS ONE.

and they don't have papa john's in your market, Sade?

Consider yourself lucky--you're not so much buying PJohn's pizza as renting it. Short term. You know? Yeah.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #37
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Luckily the food that I totally crave.. really is importable:

Corky's BBQ.. Also of Memphis, TN!!

They'll box up your order and FedEx it Overnight.
Also available in the freezer aisle here in Houston. Kroger's has the 24 oz slab of ribs for 12.99. Still haven't got around to trying them.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Obstreperous Ms. J

Salsa Verde Doritoes are AWESOME.

I just went to the Spoetzel Brewery in Shiner (an hour and a half SW of Houston) just last month and took the tour (again). After the tour, you are shown to the "Hospitality Room" where every adult is given 4 tokens, each good for a 6 oz cup of Shiner beer. They usually have 5 varieties on tap. If you have done your math already, that's the equivalent of two longecks of beer on the house. Free beeer is good, even better when it's Shiner.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:53 PM   #39
Echoes

Echoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot pics

When I moved to Portland, ME in 02, I looked all over the place for grits and of course could only find them at Denny's. My mom ended up mailing me a couple boxes a year.

Now that I'm back down here, I really miss the pizza from Portland Pie Co.
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:46 PM   #40
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday
That's my favorite tea as well. One of the importers sometimes puts it on the sale page. I once got 80 bags for $2!
Mind sharing a link for them?
TIA!
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #41
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
one is one. ONE IS ONE.

Consider yourself lucky--you're not so much buying PJohn's pizza as renting it. Short term. You know? Yeah.
No, not in this crappy town, Jessifer.

I know on the pooping thing, for sure. But it tastes so good.

I have poor impulse control. At 5 AM I was pouting and eating Oreo cake because I had to throw water like a slave. By the time I got home, my waist was half an inch smaller from the massive crap attack. I know y'all wanted to know.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #42
Shikamaru
Blurry

Shikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
one is one. ONE IS ONE.

Papa John's thin crust isnt as bad... At least in my experience... Although, it takes like 2 of em for me to get full...
Old 06-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #43
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
No, not in this crappy town, Jessifer.

I know on the pooping thing, for sure. But it tastes so good.

I have poor impulse control. At 5 AM I was pouting and eating Oreo cake because I had to throw water like a slave. By the time I got home, my waist was half an inch smaller from the massive crap attack. I know y'all wanted to know.
how big is your town, boobookitty?
and how come you-know-who hasn't come to visit you yet? i know you get vacay in sept., but he could visit! we're all waiting over heah!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #44
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

:Even though we can get cadbury chocolate here in Canada, my friend from the UK sends me a supply every once in a while. The cadbury in the UK tastes MUCH better, creamier..mmmm than here in Canada. They also have a type we don't get, Mint Crisp. It has mint crystals in it...omg I want some NOW! lol

He was actually going to send me a supply recently, but then the recall of cadbury chocolate came up
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #45
Indy

Indy can now change their title

Russian Village bread from Portland OR...makes the best toast and holds up to lots of peanut butter!
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #46
rainyday
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
Russian Village bread from Portland OR...makes the best toast and holds up to lots of peanut butter!
Is it whole grain and where do you get it? I've never seen in here in town.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:55 PM   #47
rainyday
Departed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh
Mind sharing a link for them?
TIA!
Only if you promise that if you see the Yorkshire listed sometime you'll PM me before you buy them all out.

This is the sale page. I don't see any tea listed right now. The selection varies all the time based on what in their stock is expiring.

https://www.shop.britishgoodsonline....?categoryId=23
Old 06-25-2006, 03:01 PM   #48
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay well I can't pick just one, either. Jes is gonna be busy making sure we all "taste correction".

From NY:

1. Wise Potato Chips
2. Freihoffer chocolate chip cookies
3. Sicilian pizza

From San Francisco:

1. From a tiny Vietnamese restaurant called Cordon Bleu, their #5 dinner special with barbecue pork, chicken cabbage salad, and meat sauce on rice. Oh and grilled 5 spice chicken.

2. From a tiny little hole in the wall burrito place near Golden Gate park a yummy chicken burrito with whole beans, rice, guacamole and sour cream.

3. From a place called Great Hunan in Chinatown their Hunan chicken, mongolian beef and fried wontons.

From Seattle

1. The Snappy Dragon's deep fried eggplant and fresh chow mein noodles.
2. A CHUMLEY from Diva Espresso (kinda like a frappuccino but better).

From the UK:

1. Brown sauce.
2. Wagamama
3. Brown beef curry in a jacket (potato).

Go ahead, Jes, do your wurst.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #49
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Krystals. And the Ruby Tuesday's salad bar.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #50
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie
Okay well I can't pick just one, either. Jes is gonna be busy making sure we all "taste correction".

From NY:

1. Wise Potato Chips
2. Freihoffer chocolate chip cookies
3. Sicilian pizza

From San Francisco:

1. From a tiny Vietnamese restaurant called Cordon Bleu, their #5 dinner special with barbecue pork, chicken cabbage salad, and meat sauce on rice. Oh and grilled 5 spice chicken.

2. From a tiny little hole in the wall burrito place near Golden Gate park a yummy chicken burrito with whole beans, rice, guacamole and sour cream.

3. From a place called Great Hunan in Chinatown their Hunan chicken, mongolian beef and fried wontons.

From Seattle

1. The Snappy Dragon's deep fried eggplant and fresh chow mein noodles.
2. A CHUMLEY from Diva Espresso (kinda like a frappuccino but better).

From the UK:

1. Brown sauce.
2. Wagamama
3. Brown beef curry in a jacket (potato).

Go ahead, Jes, do your wurst.
You are outrageous. ONE means one. You people really are shockingly appalling. You're gonna be spending a lot of money ordering all this stuff!

I love dutch food a LOT but I didn't list any of it on my list. I stuck to my rule!