Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #76
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie
Jes, thanks for the primer on Dutch cuisine. I feel so woefully uninformed for a Dutch girl. It definitely sounds like my kind of food.
It's actually fairly bland.
I was, for most of my life, a bland eater (I still mostly am).
In grad school the 1st time, a friend said: I was looking at a dutch cookbook the other day, and I saw this recipe for the most exotic thing in there (a sandwich called an 'uitsmijter'--literally 'a thrower-outer, but ... long story) and it's like bread, with an egg on it, and shit...Anyway, he says: *NOW* i think i'm beginning to understand your palette, finally!
hahaha. I've never forgotten that. Oh, and they like nutmeg.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:04 AM   #77
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like the meat and potatoes and light gravy aspects of it, and I love wilty greens. I have weird tastes sometimes, tho'. There are times when I go crazy and love super spicy food (Thai, Vietnamese, curries) but then I like just plain good ol' bland American food like tuna noodle casserole (with peas! lots of peas!)

Yep. I'll pretty much eat anything. 'cept liver.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #78
Flyer

Flyer has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Russian Village bread from Portland OR...makes the best toast and holds up to lots of peanut butter!
Can you still get Russian Village Bread? Where? I grew up on that, from Kienows in NW. Now I have no idea where to find it---made THE best toast!
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #79
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Wo Sind Mein Brochen?

That German bread, Brochen, is to die for!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #80
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Necro posting at its finest. 5 years? FIVE YEARS?!

bahaha
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #81
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Necro posting at its finest. 5 years? FIVE YEARS?!

bahaha
I thought is was safe to do so, since the topic isn't "Where's XXXXX Pay Site Model?"!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #82
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
I thought is was safe to do so, since the topic isn't "Where's XXXXX Pay Site Model?"!
You weren't the person that revived the thread.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:59 AM   #83
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Actually, I prefer that someone revives an old thread rather than start a new one that duplicates the topic/info.

No worries, Flyer! And welcome to Dimensions!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:04 AM   #84
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Actually, I prefer that someone revives an old thread rather than start a new one that duplicates the topic/info.

No worries, Flyer! And welcome to Dimensions!
I agree....... Have never seen this thread before so am glad it has been revived
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #85
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

only one item?

brown cheese from Norway, I can kill for that :-)

(I am waiting for my order and hopefully it arrives just after New Year)
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #86
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm a Philly Girl living in State College, PA. What I miss most?

A real philly cheesesteak. I have to go home next week, so, maybe...
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #87
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

I have always wanted to try Taco Bell.. so guess i would import something from the menu..
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #88
Surlysomething

Sorry. Still weird to revive a thread that's over five years old.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #89
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's a ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

Lurching onward, I'd import some gorgonzola dolce; our cheese shop doesn't carry it any more, and I miss it badly.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #90
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The 50 or so flavors of Kit Kat, besides milk chocolate, that Japan has available that is not available in America.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kit_Kat
Old 01-13-2012, 04:00 AM   #91
Londonbikerboy

Londonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLondonbikerboy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnieszka View Post
only one item?

brown cheese from Norway, I can kill for that :-)

(I am waiting for my order and hopefully it arrives just after New Year)
YIKES - I visited a friend in Stavenger who attempted to introduce me to brown cheese for breakfast..... I'm not entirely convinced; I think it may be a aquired taste. But then what do I know, I love marmite for breakfast!
Londonbikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #92
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Blimpie Base sub sandwiches from NJ--just the smell wafting out the door of the combination of vinegar and onions drove me wild and pizza from Pompeii in Bayonne (NJ) with perfect crispy thin crust. The pizza MUST be eaten at the counter because if it's boxed to travel, the steam destroys the crispiness. Sheer ecstasy.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #93
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There is only one item that comes to mind...

Several years ago I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia visiting a winery about two hours northeast of the city itself. They made a maple wine that I have tried to find with no success; neither can I have it shipped to me from this winery as far as I have seen.

It would be so heavenly with breakfast...
Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #94
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post
There is only one item that comes to mind...

Several years ago I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia visiting a winery about two hours northeast of the city itself. They made a maple wine that I have tried to find with no success; neither can I have it shipped to me from this winery as far as I have seen.

It would be so heavenly with breakfast...
I don't know what state you're in but you can get maple wine in Vermont......

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #95
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm in Maryland, and I see a possible road trip in my future...

Thanks!