Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Lemon Meringue Pie

Anyone have a recipe for making lemon meringue pie that they love? And...it has to have a graham cracker crust (I know, that's not standard)...

Anyone?

Yeah, I know I can google, but thought I'd try you guys
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh i don't have a recipe but just wanted to come in and drool over Lemon Meringue Pie
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

weird...I've totally been craving a good (really good) lemon meringue pie. never had one with graham cracker crust though! I am imagining that might be pretty great...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sounds like I'll need to invite you guys over once I make the perfect pie
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's a good recipe I found, I never had Lemon Meringue with a graham cracker crust before it sounds very tasty.
http://www.chow.com/recipes/10414-le...-cracker-crust
Old 11-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Randi,

My dad really likes Lemon Meringue and he is very picky, and only likes it with a Graham Cracker Crust also. Very peculiar, but it's what I've come to like also. I have always used a recipe from Group Recipes.com

I'll include it here:

Ingredients

For the graham-cracker crust:
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 8 whole crackers)
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

For the lemon filling:
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 3 to 4 lemons)
1 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 3 to 4 lemons)
For the meringue:
5 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar

How to make it

Place oven rack in the center of oven and heat to 375F.

For the graham-cracker crust:
Combine crushed graham crackers, melted butter, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Press mixture evenly into a 9-inch metal or ceramic pie plate and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.

For the lemon filling:

Combine cornstarch, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon juice in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Add water and whisk until blended; use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the pan to make sure mixture is well combined.
Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add butter and lemon zest, and stir vigorously until butter is completely melted and ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Pour mixture into graham-cracker crust, cover with a round of waxed paper or parchment paper, and let cool to room temperature.

For the meringue:

Combine egg whites and salt in a large, clean bowl and whip with a hand mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and continue beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
Remove the paper from pie and spoon meringue over lemon filling. Spread meringue with a spatula so that it covers the entire surface of the pie, sealing in filling. Be sure meringue meets the crust, otherwise it will shrink inward, exposing filling.
Bake until meringue is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate until filling is cold, at least 4 hours. Slice, and serve chilled.

Enjoy!!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar and spice View Post
Here's a good recipe I found, I never had Lemon Meringue with a graham cracker crust before it sounds very tasty.
http://www.chow.com/recipes/10414-le...-cracker-crust
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDeeZyre View Post
My dad really likes Lemon Meringue and he is very picky, and only likes it with a Graham Cracker Crust also. Very peculiar, but it's what I've come to like also. I have always used a recipe from Group Recipes.com
I also found that recipe, and I thought it sounded good! So thanks, you guys

And it always helps when someone's tried out a recipe. So, I'm glad to have your recommendation, Lissa. I know you know food!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've never made lemon meringue. Lemon Icebox, sure.. be happy to share, but not with meringue.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #9
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep

Oooh Lemon Meringue; I so need to try to make that soon
Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

And here she is! Baked tonight...

Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Randi, just as I said on fb, that is one beautiful pie. Now we need you to cut a slice and take a pic, and then eat some and tell us how good it is.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh my heavens that is a beautiful looking pie! I bet it tastes even better.