Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #351
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default 2^Let me qualify this by saying I'm not really a "Trekkie"

Nor "Trek-keR." But I kind of like that cast. I think they look...and act...great. To me, their portrayals bring a real dimension to the characters. Not competing with originals, as much as complementing them, helping to better flesh them out.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #352
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since we're talking about Star Trek, I just got into a discussion with my sister about the things wrong with Into Darkness. Namely, why bother having Khan and why have him white. Bennjy Cabbagepatch is a fine actor but could they have at least gotten someone who bears at least some resemblance to Ricardo Montalban.

The "explanation" really bugs me too. The officers from the department Khan was in have to change their face or some bullshit. Thanks JJ, nice to know you can change a character's race on a whim to rake in more dough from bigots or whatever.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #353
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would expect that the next Trek movie is going to involve saving the whales in the center of the galaxy.

Ender's Game on November 1st!
Thor: The Dark World on November 8th!
Desolation of Smaug on December 13th!

Last edited by Fuzzy; 10-13-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #354
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

The Muppets & Lady GaGa Thanksgiving Spectacular.

Disney has ruined everything I love...
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #355
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypus View Post
The Muppets & Lady GaGa Thanksgiving Spectacular.

Disney has ruined everything I love...
I saw a picture of that and have been trying to remind myself that the muppets have always had a thing for celebrity appearances and that it's not the end of the world.
Certainly doesn't bode too well for it though. Ugh!
Old 10-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #356
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That sounds cute actually. It's the Muppets so everything is going to be good ol' fashioned fun and tongue-in-cheek.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #357
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Oh, has it finished playing yet?

I never imagined I'd pass on seeing a Hobbit adaptation but the very thought of draaaaaagggging a 320-page book into 3 long-ass movies makes me want to crop-dust New Zealand with anthrax.

Hey, remember when Peter Hackson unnecessarily cut the Scouring of the Shire from Return of the King because he didn't personally like it even though there would've been time for it if he didn't needlessly move the encounter with Shelob from the Two Towers so that he would have time to pointlessly stretch out Faramir's role in the plot and he was generally forgiven since the battle scenes were kool and at least he cut Tom Bombadil too?

In retrospect that was a mistake and we shouldn't have encouraged the kind of mind and creative instincts that gave the world The Frighteners.
Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know of shitty fantasy adaptations?
Bitching is for the winter, my not-so-little lord, when "20 good men" can sneak in and out of a military camp and destroy its entire supplies. Bitching is for when it turns out you can just walk around Moat Cailin, and every major female character has a rape scene added while the king burns his only child and heir at the stake because it snows a little too much in the North despite apparently being within walking distance of Winterfell, and 2 failed screenwriters get to be the ones to end the series first.