Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Institutional Food

I've heard it said that if you only read great books, you never understand what makes them great -- you need to read some crap as a basis for comparison. So I thought, "should the Foodee Board be only about good food? Don' t we need a basis for comparison, too?" Besides, don't you need the catharsis of sharing your stories of hospital dinners or high-school cafeterias? Bring 'em on!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't really complain much about school food when I was a student. Up until high school our hamburger buns were homemade, as well as our pizza, chicken fried steak and those heavenly cinnamon rolls and peanut butter strips. However working in nursing homes I can tell you that at best the food is barely tolerable. In most places employees could buy a meal, why anyone did that God only knows. If it was a good day you might get a tiny thin burger patty on a stale bun but most days it was some piece of tough meat with some flavorless vegetables and some kind of unsalted potato. Dessert was usually canned fruit cocktail or if you were lucky a slice of angel food cake. Most of the time though we would just hope to find cheese and crackers hidden in the fridge and we would make our meal out of that .
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I work in a Community Health Center, and we have a luncheonette that serves breakfast and lunch. The food is institutional, but usually very good. There are 2 soups every day, and several kinds of salads including fruit salad and Greek salad. There is always an entree - today was General Tso's chicken, there have been stuffed peppers; BBQ Shrimp on skewers; Chicken Florentine; coconut Tilapia; and Pork chops with sweet potatoes. It works for me.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Jello. I hate fucking Jello.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hockey pucks derisively referred to as 'murder burgers' and surprisingly delicious (and always fresh and hot) french fries were the usual fare at my high school. There was always some really vague other offering (one that I actually liked was an eggroll with pizza filling in it) so most of us ate fries that we dipped either in chocolate shakes (pretty good) or a mixture of institutional mayo and ketchup.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Do you mean like when I stayed at a medical rehab facility after major surgery and they served the worst garbage food ever? Such as the first meal that they served which was ham with mashed potatoes and cabbage that was swimming in some sort of warm sewage type liquid that was pure salt.

Or when they served tuna salad which was made with "tuna" that was so bad and stunk so much that a half dead, starving cat would probably pass it up.

Or their ooh so yummy pimento cheese sandwich which was some runny concoction on stale rye bread.

I would call my family crying because the dinners were so bad. Then one of the CNA's told me that if there was something I didn't like I could order a grilled cheese sandwich, but do it quick, because that's what a lot of folks did.

Thank goodness they knew how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

I actually had to go back to the hospital for a problem I was having while I was there and was grateful because the hospital food was *so much better*.

And I shouldn't forget about the time I was picking apart one of their sandwich concoctions and found the torn off top of a plastic relish packet. On yummy.

I survived that place on cereal for breakfast, picking at anything edible for lunch and dinner, nightly yogurts and anything that someone would be willing to bring me.

I definitely use that food as my bottom line comparison for all future meals since then.