Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-31-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
malemaid
On Timeout

malemaid has said some nice things
Default Men Who Love Cooking

Hello Ladies, I am a 43 year old male who just loves to cook for women who love to eat. It frustates me when I cook a really nice meal and a lady does not eat too much because she is too concerned with her weight. Do you ladies enjoy having a man cook for you, even do the dishes afterwards, HA! Just curious. Any guys out there as well who enjoy cooking. Love cooking a romantic meal as well, setting a tone with candles, etc.
malemaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My boyfriend is a mediorce cook and doesn't like anything exotic. Guess who does all the cooking? Me! But that's okay because I actually do enjoy it.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Praise!

I went to college for Culinary Arts. I love to cook but not in restaurants. In restaurants, if you're not a chef, you're a grunt. The grunts do most of the work and the chef gets all of the praise. Never a chef always a grunt! Silly me, I love the praise.
So, I save all of my culinary expertise for dinner parties. I Love to entertain and see my friends enjoying themselves and I totally dig the praise!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 PM   #4
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My mother started teaching me how to cook when I was around eight. She told me that whether I got married or not, I'd have to know how to cook. And I think I've gotten pretty good at it over the years. Today, I do a lot of the cooking in our house. But Sandie's a very good cook as well, so we're always eating good in the Zitkus house, no matter who's cooking.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would love to have a man cook for me. It has never happened that I can recall.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:25 PM   #6
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvine
I would love to have a man cook for me. It has never happened that I can recall.
Me either moon. The closest I've ever come was when my brother used to make chef boyardee beefaroni for me when I was a kid but that doesn't count.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #7
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wayne is a fantastic cook!!!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I lived in apartments during my college years, and it wasn't cooking school. After eating my very bad cooking those merger years, I decided that I would need to learn how, or hurry and marry someone who could.

As I look back on those years, I was also a stick-person. When I discovered how to "follow directions", and to tastefully improvise, not only did I start to enjoy my cooking.. I also started to gain weight. And the more I gained, the better the food seemed to be.

And I love to cook for other people too.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
malemaid
On Timeout

Default Thanks For The Replies

Thanks for sharing everyone, awesome to hear that some other guys are like me and love to cook as well. Thanks also for being honest as well about guys who don't cook for you. Hope you will get a chance to experience that in the near future, would gladly welcome the opportunity to cook for you, treat you in a special way. Thanks again for the replies. One of my favorite dishes inolves cooking boneless chicken, cutting it up in small pieces, sauteing it with broccoli, white wine, they making a delicous creamy white sauce, (mornay sauce) with parmessan cheese, take the chicken mixture, place it inside two crepes with havarti cheese, pour inside, then roll the crepes up, pour over the top and serve with wild rice, it's yummy. Make great chocolate chip cookies as well.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:12 AM   #10
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Apple Pies from Scratch

Many years of bachelor cooking and a couple of cooking classes got my skills up to par. My (pre-ex) wife was the life-time star pupil of her home-ec teacher so she was pretty good in the kitchen. But she was surprised to discover that I could do well myself and even teach her a few things.

I don't know that we had any such romantic dinners cooked by me, but there sure were many nights when I put dinner on the table while she unwound from work.

I think the dish that surprised her the most was a made from scratch apple pie. Our neighbor had a very rare desert apple tree. The apples are delicious and bake incredibly, but they bruise very easily and don't ship well. So our neighbor would give them all to us to make pies with. She was too tired and I stepped up. It was huge and delicious. My wife couldn't believe how good it was.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:29 AM   #11
malemaid
On Timeout

Default Cook for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvine
I'm sure you would enjoy it Moonvine. All you should have to do is sit there, enjoy the meal, enjoy being pampered and the setting such as candles, a romantic fire, etc.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
Socrates

Socrates has said some nice things

I do most of the cooking in my house. My wife is a great cook, too, but I'm the master. I learned from my mother, who learned to cook in France where she lived for several years after college. My jobs have always had flexable hours, so taking over in the kitchen just made sense.
Socrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:48 AM   #13
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW
Me either moon. The closest I've ever come was when my brother used to make chef boyardee beefaroni for me when I was a kid but that doesn't count.

Count me as part of this group.

Though an ex of mine COULD cook. Hmmmn...
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #14
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Over the years I've moved from survival cooking to being a fairly decent cook. My wife does the vast majority of the cooking in our house, due to the fact that she is staying home with our son and is a better cook than I am. However I do try to cook dinner on Sunday nights. Most of those work out well, but I do like to experiment, so there have been a few that did not please the munchkin.

-Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #15
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default I'm jealous

One of my big regrets is that I never picked up any skills from the women who raised me, both of whom are great cooks. My GF is a total non-cook as well so we do a lot of eating out. I've tried to learn in a half-assed way over the years, but I'm so spazzy in the kitchen that it gets discouraging very quickly. My standards are high and it's all I can do not to burn water.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:24 PM   #16
It's Just Me

It's Just Me has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by malemaid
Hello Ladies, I am a 43 year old male who just loves to cook for women who love to eat. It frustates me when I cook a really nice meal and a lady does not eat too much because she is too concerned with her weight. Do you ladies enjoy having a man cook for you, even do the dishes afterwards, HA! Just curious.
A man that cooks and does dishes?
It's Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #17
LurkingBBW
Foodee extraordinaire

LurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLurkingBBW can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What's not to like?

I absolutely adore when a man cooks for me. And, even better if he likes the results of my bulging belly straining against the fabric of whatever I am wearing. After eating is the best time for a good belly rub. (And after a delicious chocolate dessert!)
LurkingBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #18
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default We're out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Me
A man that cooks and does dishes?
My rommie told me that if I kept the kitchen clean, she'd do the rest of the apt. I can't cook in a messy, cluttered kitchen.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote