Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Experiences at Strip Clubs

This question is mainly directed at the women, but anyone can feel free to answer.

I was at a friend's bday this weekend, and he wanted to go to a strip club, just for shits, before we went to another place. For the first time ever, I was told by management that I had to sit waaaay the hell at the back of the club and keep a low profile. What the shit?? I paid cover and bought drinks, so why did they stuff me off in a corner? I had as much money as any guy in that place, and was in the mood to spend it until they decided to treat me like crap.

Has this happened to anyone else here? It's the first time for me, but was a huge piss-off. Oh also, the bday boy is a cross-dresser and was in full drag that night, but there were no restrictions placed on him
Old 11-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
amandasevie

amandasevie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesamandasevie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have a gay female friend who loves strip clubs. I have seen her at them a few times. She is made to feel very welcome. I doubt that your experience is common. You and all of your friends should have walked out. Perhaps you found the one lesbian-phobic strip club on earth.
amandasevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandasevie View Post
I have a gay female friend who loves strip clubs. I have seen her at them a few times. She is made to feel very welcome. I doubt that your experience is common. You and all of your friends should have walked out. Perhaps you found the one lesbian-phobic strip club on earth.
Yeah, usually that's the case - the clubs are quite welcoming to anyone with money, haha. This one just had SUCH a problem...they were on headsets conferencing on what to do with me within seconds of walking in. Needless to say, we didn't stay long.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

How strange! I went to my first ever strip club this past weekend, it was informational. There were more women there than men and also I realized that the dancers actually made more money from the women patrons then the men.

Sounds like a real stupid strip club to me!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've never been to a strip-club with any women, so have no personal idea of how they are normally treated. I do know some clubs manage the impression they create pretty heavily (One of the times that I went along to one with friends, I started falling asleep, and they kicked me out--don't want to give the dancers or audience the impression that someone is bored). Perhaps their idea of the right 'look' didn't include women? (which sounds short sighted to me ).

Or, if the place was more of a dive with rowdy patrons, maybe they've had patrons pay unwanted attention to attractive young female patrons, if they were in line of sight?

Just speculating. Either way, that sucks that they treated you like that. I'd be inclined to spread their name around as a place to avoid. Don't know if it would be worth the effort, but I'm sure there are sights that offer reviews of such places, could pass along your experiences there, if you really felt motivated.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Definitely not the norm where I am.

Tad's explanation is likely, though. I've been told to "cover up my tits" as a patron.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan34 View Post
How strange! I went to my first ever strip club this past weekend, it was informational. There were more women there than men and also I realized that the dancers actually made more money from the women patrons then the men.

Sounds like a real stupid strip club to me!
Sounds like a business about to go broke, to me! Lol!

Times are hard, turning paying customers away = economic suicide!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post

Tad's explanation is likely, though. I've been told to "cover up my tits" as a patron.
Distracting the paying punterz! Oh noes!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Or, if the place was more of a dive with rowdy patrons, maybe they've had patrons pay unwanted attention to attractive young female patrons, if they were in line of sight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Distracting the paying punterz! Oh noes!
Hehehe....yeah. I could kind of understand this line of reasoning, except that I'm a fug and my goods were out of sight!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

mmmm, I've only seen still photos of you, but I get the real impression that you are someone that people would notice (and not in a 'point and laugh' sort of way). Built like the women working the club? Maybe not. But a degree of charisma that many of them probably lack? I very much suspect so.

(and I know I'm old, and an FA, so my opinion probably doesn't count, but I can't imagine you getting categorized as FUG)
Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
tigerlily

tigerlily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestigerlily can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Hehehe....yeah. I could kind of understand this line of reasoning, except that I'm a fug and my goods were out of sight!
I don't believe you. Cuz you sexy!

Though, I will say that sometimes they don't care what you look like, the fact that you're female alone is enough to warrant this kind of treatment.

Last edited by tigerlily; 11-21-2011 at 02:12 PM.
tigerlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The times I've been have all been positive. Some clubs here will have nights where women get in for free.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
You're a lying sack of shit. You're gorgeous! You were competition!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
This question is mainly directed at the women, but anyone can feel free to answer.

I was at a friend's bday this weekend, and he wanted to go to a strip club, just for shits, before we went to another place. For the first time ever, I was told by management that I had to sit waaaay the hell at the back of the club and keep a low profile. What the shit?? I paid cover and bought drinks, so why did they stuff me off in a corner? I had as much money as any guy in that place, and was in the mood to spend it until they decided to treat me like crap.

Has this happened to anyone else here? It's the first time for me, but was a huge piss-off. Oh also, the bday boy is a cross-dresser and was in full drag that night, but there were no restrictions placed on him
The one I used to go to religiously welcomed ladies and encouraged them to hop on stage with the dancers.....must have been a bad place you went to.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #15
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Ok ok..."fug" is subjective I was wearing a boring sweater, though, and was obviously there to be entertained, rather than entertain. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
The times I've been have all been positive. Some clubs here will have nights where women get in for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
The one I used to go to religiously welcomed ladies and encouraged them to hop on stage with the dancers.....must have been a bad place you went to.
Yeah, must just be this one - any other club I've visited wasn't too bad, and it's good to hear that the positive scenario seems to be the norm. Maybe that particular club has a rival somewhere nearby....sending over recruiters
Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #16
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

The strip club here in my town will actually place gorgeous women in the back away from where the strippers are working so that they don't get approached by men. Dunno if that was the case there, but it happened to my group when I went with some ladies to the club. One of our girls would have very easy been mistaken for a stripper from the bar (she was in stripper shoes and oochie hoochie dress w/ no bra) so we were placed in the back and one of the girls came to explain it to us.

Maaaaybe you were too pretty and would take away the attention from the strippers? I've seen it happen. Even in one on the border of Quebec.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #17
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

That is odd. I have never seen that happen. I have been to many strip clubs, in 11 different countries. I would put money on you looking better than the strippers there, and I don't gamble.

While we're on the topic of strip clubs, it's great when you are sitting in your office, at the end of a 12 hour work day, in the middle of the week, and the owner of the company walks in and says, "Hey, let's go to the strip club". Then buys you lots of scotch, good scotch, none of that red label swill, and many lap dances.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
That is odd. I have never seen that happen. I have been to many strip clubs, in 11 different countries. I would put money on you looking better than the strippers there, and I don't gamble.

While we're on the topic of strip clubs, it's great when you are sitting in your office, at the end of a 12 hour work day, in the middle of the week, and the owner of the company walks in and says, "Hey, let's go to the strip club". Then buys you lots of scotch, good scotch, none of that red label swill, and many lap dances.
I'm no owner of any company but that was my role back in the day. I had to gather up my friends and sometimes pay for them.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #19
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Your work environments sound much better than mine!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #20
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Your work environments sound much better than mine!
I love my job. I put in a lot of hard work, but I enjoy it. There are some nice perks that help out.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #21
krystalltuerme
Car Repair & Smartassery

krystalltuerme does more than just post hot picskrystalltuerme does more than just post hot picskrystalltuerme does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
I've never been to a strip-club with any women, so have no personal idea of how they are normally treated. I do know some clubs manage the impression they create pretty heavily (One of the times that I went along to one with friends, I started falling asleep, and they kicked me out--don't want to give the dancers or audience the impression that someone is bored). Perhaps their idea of the right 'look' didn't include women? (which sounds short sighted to me ).

Just speculating. Either way, that sucks that they treated you like that. I'd be inclined to spread their name around as a place to avoid. Don't know if it would be worth the effort, but I'm sure there are sights that offer reviews of such places, could pass along your experiences there, if you really felt motivated.
Slightly OT, but I learned awhile back that there are some hefty fines for the bar if authorities find someone asleep in the bar (because it looks like said person has been overserved). A group of my friends from PSU Sailing and I were at an event hosted by U Victoria and a bunch of us went to a bar after a long day of sailboat racing, and one of the girls from PSU got picked up and forcibly ejected from the bar because she was falling asleep. So you might have been thrown out because you were falling asleep.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow - it empties today of strength."
—Corrie Ten Boom
krystalltuerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I learned Dancers don't look kindly at folks tipping them nickels and dimes.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #23
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The first time I ever went to a strip club, it was in Indiana and I found out (at the time, I have no idea now...it's been years) that it was illegal for a woman to go to strip clubs there without a man...something about prostitution. I dunno, it was all crap.

It didn't matter much with our group because there were 3-4 straight cis-dudes along with one bi cis-woman and me...haha whatever I am. Still, the law really irked me.

The first club we went to was, sadly, closed, so we went somewhere else. It was nice enough. We were all treated decently and equally--no matter our gender/orientation/etc.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

My hubby and I plan to go to a strip club for our anniversary next month... the place we go to has a couples rate, so we're hoping for decent service.

I'm just hoping for a lap dance.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The people with whom I did the above strip club trip are people that I met while doing a radio show--generally as a caller, but sometimes as a co-host, and even less often as a host.

About a day after the above post, I got an email saying that they were doing the LAST show. It's been on the air since 1978/1979. We met up tonight for a pre-show drink and talked about old times and they reminded me that one of our road trips was to a lesbian strip club. I remembered the trip, but I absolutely did not remember the destination of the trip...I had to ask them what the trip was...and they reminded me.

We had a good reception there--it was just me and the other two ladies. Everyone treated us really well and even asked us to paint our boobs with day-glo paint and press them to their wall. This was in Columbus. It was a good trip, now that I remember more of it.