Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Trans Rights Bill close to passing today in Massachusetts

As some of you know, my partner lives in MA, and has been working for years to get civil rights legislation passed in Massachusetts for transgender people. After 6 years, the legislation has finally moved out of committee and into the state house for a vote. Last night, the House voted for the law to pass, and today, the Senate is scheduled to vote on the bill. Hopefully by the end of the day, this bill will become the law of the land in the commonwealth of MA.

If you are a MA resident, it isn't too late to reach out to your state senator and urge them to pass this bill. Here's a link that can give you info on how to do so:

http://www.masstpc.org/

It would be doubly awesome if this bill pass today, since it is Trans Awareness Week in Massachusetts right now.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This would be great--I hope this goes through smoothly!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It did indeed pass this morning! How wonderful!

Here's an article about it:

http://www.baywindows.com/index.php?...sc3=&id=126848
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

woohoo! I hope formal protection starts spreading....would be a most good thing
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That is a remarkable achievement indeed.

I recall how hard we tried to get a very similar anti size discrimination bill through the New York State legislature, but despite a rather powerful sponsor and significant lobbying, including visits to numerous legislators, we never even got the thing out of committee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
It did indeed pass this morning! How wonderful!

Here's an article about it:

http://www.baywindows.com/index.php?...sc3=&id=126848
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

What an amazing accomplishment I hope many more states and countries pick up similar legislation

You should be extremely proud of your partner
Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #7
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

There is a height/weight rights bill still in committee in MA, and one of the same co-sponsors of the trans bill is the main sponsor of the height/weight bill, so hopefully he can get that bill out for a vote sometime in the near future.

I am very proud of my parnter, who inspires me every day with their humbleness and self-sacrifice working for the greater good.

Thanks for the support!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #8
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Reading lower in the article:

"Critics of the bill’s passage weren’t far behind advocates’ rejoicing. Kris Mineau, President of the conservative Massachusetts Family Institute, celebrated the lack of public accommodations in the bill’s protected enumerations. "It’s a victory for the safety, privacy and modesty of woman and children who expect to be safe and secure in public bathrooms in the Commonwealth," Mineau said in a statement to press. "

I've heard of all kinds of cases of assault and abduction etc. but conspicuous by their AFAIK complete non-existence are cases perpetrated by transgender M-to-F people, against women / children in public bathrooms.

Mr. Minnow*, seems to be attempting to conjure boogeymen out of thin-air with this blatant fear-mongering.

In contrast, I have actually seen video, of a trans-woman being badly beaten by two (cis, bio) women for the temerity of attempting to use the sacred shrine of the ladies' bog.

So, whose safety and security is, in fact, at risk?

(*perhaps in an attempt to appear a bigger, more important fish than he actually is)

Last edited by joswitch; 11-17-2011 at 01:30 PM.
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

yep, I agree with you joswitch. My understanding is, people who are worried about bathrooms aren't worried about MTFs, but about heterosexual cis-gendered men who will dress like women and claim to be transgendered so they can gain access to the bathroom or the locker room and sexually assault women and children. Messed up thinking, as if the words 'women's room' creates some force field that they can't pass unless they put on a dress and a wig. Plus, as we all know, thanks to modern technology all a voyerisitc creeps need to do is put a camera in a stall, as has happened in Starbucks and other places.