Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Thanksgiving menus 2011

Last year we went out to a Cuban restaurant for Thanksgiving and they served pumpkin flan and it was superb. I found this recipe and I think I might make it for this year!

http://www.marthastewart.com/339046/pumpkin-flan

Anyway, we are having...

Roast turkey
cornbread stuffing
amazing yeast rolls (yes... amazing!)
Squash casserole
Sweet potato casserole (I roast fresh ones, no canned)
green beans
pecan pie (my Dad's recipe)
pumpkin pie and/or maybe this flan
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Last year we went out to a Cuban restaurant for Thanksgiving and they served pumpkin flan and it was superb. I found this recipe and I think I might make it for this year!

http://www.marthastewart.com/339046/pumpkin-flan

Anyway, we are having...

Roast turkey
cornbread stuffing
amazing yeast rolls (yes... amazing!)
Squash casserole
Sweet potato casserole (I roast fresh ones, no canned)
green beans
pecan pie (my Dad's recipe)
pumpkin pie and/or maybe this flan
roast turkey
brown sugar bourbon city ham
my famous purple (cranberry, pecans and lots of sausage) stuffing/dressing
glumpki (stuffed cabbage)
garlic mashed potatoes and gravy
defcorn 5 (a rice cheese casserole)
peas and carrots
a vegetable that is yet to be decided
pecan sweet potato casserole (yeah we roast fresh too)
antipasta
tossed salad
Italian bread and butter
assorted cakes and pies
whatever else my dad can add on the sneak because I keep telling him it's too much food for seven people. lol

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

oh man Lainey! I forgot the mashed potatoes and gravy! Now how could I forget that??!! haha
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That flan sounds wonderful. I adore Cuban food.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 11-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mushroom and spinach lasagna
spinakapita
cheese ball and a variety of crackers
pigs in a blanket
artichoke parmesan dip

We don't do traditional here since I don't like most of those dishes + being a vegetarian and all
Old 11-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oven roasted turkey
Cranberry sauce
Homemade stuffing
Corn
Mashed Potatoes
Candied Yams
Cornbread
Homemade pumpkin custard (I don't like pie, so EVERYONE gets to suffer.)
Apple Pie (It's a compromise)
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #7
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well It's going to be a mess around here this year because my son-in-law is on call (cable tech), so for sure he will be called out. We decided we would just go up to my other daughter's house on Friday and our menu so far

Deep fried Turkey
cornbread dressing
mashed potatoes and gravy
cranberry sauce
some veggie dish
a couple of pies
rolls
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to do a big dinner at all or go out since there are only two of us this year, but the request for leftovers won out and I'm cooking. In a mix of traditional plus "just because it sounds good":

roasted turkey breast
mashed potatoes (which may be half potato, half celery root)
sourdough stuffing with mushrooms
roasted beet-tatoes with toppings
sweet potato biscuits
cinnamon apple bread pudding
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Turduchen
Turkey
Jalapeno Cornbread dressing
Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Ravioli
Rolls
Cranberry Dressing
Pecan Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Wine (lambrusco and Chocolate flavored)

Probably more than this but that's al I can think of off the top of my head.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Butter Herb Roasted Turkey
Homemade Stuffing
Fresh Green Bean and Mushroom Casserole
Candied Yams
Mashed Potatoes and Turkey Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Snowflake Rolls

Dutch Apple and Pumpkin Pie
Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #11
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am going across the street to be with my bestie and her family so we are sharing the cooking. (Well, mostly her doing the cooking, but I am bringing stuff too)

We are having:

Rotisserie Turkey
baked ham
Sweet Potato casserole (fresh pots with butter and pecans)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
green bean casserole
Swiss medley (veg-all with cheese that sounds eh, but is great)
corn
macaroni & cheese
my delish stuffing
creamed onion casserole (baked creamed onions with vermont white cheddar and breadcrumb topping, so freaking good)
whole cranberry relish
rolls
pumpkin pie
apple pie
pecan pie
homemade whipped cream
and since she just got back from a cruise we are having mexican coffee and honduran coffee for a taste test

I love Turkey day food.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We are having

country style ribs off the grill
potato salad
cole slaw
red beans
salad

and I'm making 3 desserts...a pecan streussel, my famous pumpkin pie and I bought an apple pie.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #13
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Brined roasted turkey
gravy
mashed potatoes
fancy green bean casserole (not with all the canned stuff, all fresh)
cranberry orange sauce
roasted acorn squash with a honey lime vinaigrette
deviled eggs
sausage stuffing

For dessert I am making a salted caramel pecan topped cheesecake, a crumb top apple pie, homemade vanilla ice cream and possibly a pecan pie (I don't like that type of pie but are guests are southerners)

We will also have some cheese and crackers and some light nibbles prior to dinner.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We are having Appetizers of various cheeses and crackers and relish tray of different pickles and olives. For the main course its going to be roasted Chickens, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli and cheese, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and rolls. For dessert we are having pumpkin pie and apple crumb pie.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
sw33tness3

sw33tness3 can now change their title

keeping it simple this year:
turkey
dressing
mashed taters
giblet gravy
green bean casserole
homemade dinner rolls
cheeseball with club crackers
pumpkin pie with homemade crust
turtle pumpkin pie
and iced sweet tea to wash it all down with
sw33tness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #16
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just three of us and I'm the only foodee so I'm preparing:
Mrs Buds Chicken Pot Pie
Cranberry sauce - straight from the can!
Stove top stuffing
Ben & Jerrys ice cream for dessert.

I might try to make some baked brie nuggets too, but maybe not....
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

I've made fresh cranberry sauce, and I've bought 'gourmet' cranberry sauce but I have to admit my favorite IS the canned!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 11-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Vegan Thanksgiving this year:

Spiced pumpkin soup with kale chip garnish
Jalapeno and corn cornbread muffins
Sweet potato biscuits
Balsamic pearl onions
Acorn squash with cranberry glaze
Brussels Sprout Hash with Caramelized Shallots
Green Bean Almondine
Crash Hot Potatoes(I wanted mashed but this was requested)
Roasted root vegetables: parsnips,beets, butternut squash, sweet potatoes
Dried Fruit stuffing
Lentil Walnut Loaf
Mushroom gravy
Apple tart
Crispy Maple Pecan Sweet Potato Wontons
Poached pears

Last edited by crayola box; 11-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just baked a black-bottom maple pecan, graham-cracker key-lime, and a cheesecake.

I've got the weirdest craving for a chili cheese coney.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #20
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Since i neglected dessert on my menu, i picked up some Dump Cake ingredients. That's such an easy, last minute thing to make
Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #21
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving, i've thoroughly enjoyed reading all your menus.

I confess that I knew that I'd be jealous of you all, so I slow roasted a shoulder of pork joint, got lovely crackling on it and had that with home made gravy, garlic green beans (fresh) and mashed potatoes. It helped with my Thanksgiving envy, but roll on Christmas
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:31 AM   #22
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah great. It's like 03:30 AM here and I'm at work and now starving. Guess I'll go and see what's still left in the vending machines. Poor me.:
- Jim
Old 11-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #23
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We did our Thanksgiving celebration today with:

ham
homemade bread
mashed yams
broccoli
cauliflower
brussel sprouts (yuk)
an apple/pomegranate/walnut salad
pumpkin and pecan pie