Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!
Exclamation STOP! Do NOT throw away those Thanksgiving leftovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let Mama Mimosa show you a good way to use leftover turkey. Today I decided to make some delish turkey tacos. All I did was shred some leftover turkey, cooked it in some butter. Added Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning, garlic and black pepper. With some olive oil, I fried some corn tortillas for taco shells.( You should be ashamed of yourself if you are using nasty artificial taco shells. ) I patted down the excess oil off the shells. Then I filled the shells with seasoned turkey, cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives, and Tapatio sauce. They were scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mmmmmm.

The other thing my mom did with leftovers was to add homemade red chile sauce to the turkey, put it in a warm flour tortilla and wrap it in a burrito. It was so yummy. She would serve it with homemade beans and Mexican rice.

Here is my photo of my turkey tacos:
Attachment 98954

So anyone have any other ideas for leftovers?

Last edited by mimosa; 08-26-2013 at 01:32 PM.
mimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
Let Mama Mimosa show you a good way to use leftover turkey. Today I decided to make some delish turkey tacos. All I did was shred some leftover turkey, cooked it in some butter. Added Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning, garlic and black pepper. With some olive oil, I fried some corn tortillas for taco shells.( You should be ashamed of yourself if you are using nasty artificial taco shells. ) I patted down the excess oil off the shells. Then I filled the shells with seasoned turkey, cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives, and Tapatio sauce. They were scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mmmmmm.

The other thing my mom did with leftovers was to add homemade red chile sauce to the turkey, put it in a warm flour tortilla and wrap it in a burrito. It was so yummy. She would serve it with homemade beans and Mexican rice.

Here is my photo of my turkey tacos:
Attachment 98954

So anyone have any other ideas for leftovers?
I owe you rep for making such great tacos- they look yummy....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Thanks tony. I also made some really delicious turkey burritos for dinner.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Funny you should mention this. I bought flour tortillas a couple of days ago for this very reason.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #5
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Super yummy!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
I got her for both of us!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Funny you should mention this. I bought flour tortillas a couple of days ago for this very reason.
Good I hope you enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Super yummy!
It really was! thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
I got her for both of us!
Thanks for the rep, Isa.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
pegz
Southern Illinois Chick

pegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticed

Wow... now this is why I wish I did all the cooking at my house... LEFTOVERS!

yummo!
pegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Turkey Salad!

Like Chicken salad but 10x better! I remembered at my old job we had an event catered around this time of year and they had turkey salad sandwiches. Arguably the best thing I've tasted in some time. Hope to make some soon
Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #10
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made those turkey tacos tonight. They were delish.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote