Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #26
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never have introduced a boyfriend to my family for various reasons. My family probably thinks I'm a lesbian, but whatever.

My tastes would more than likely shock them, but they have all been decent men. So, whatever
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mother tends to think that my boyfriends are not good enough for me. She usually feels the same way about my girlfriends.

...though, she's usually right. I settle hardcore because I have such low self esteem and no decent guys show interest in me.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
PhiloGirl
is still around

PhiloGirl does more than just post hot picsPhiloGirl does more than just post hot picsPhiloGirl does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
At this point I love the negativity, makes it very easy to remove people from my life who aren't contributing positively to it.
That is an awesome way of thinking, I'll have to try to flip my own outlook to this...
PhiloGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #29
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My family have never given me any grief about who I date, or any actual opinion at all, because they can't - they've never met anyone I've dated, and nor have my friends. After reading the way some families have treated people here, I'm really grateful they've never tried to imply anything about my love life, or what they think I deserve. Even my eldest sister - who has a harsh opinion on just about everything about me - has never expressed dubiousness about who I should end up with.

Friends though... UGH. The few times they insist they've found a perfect match for me, who I've got sooo much in common with... turns out the only thing we have in common is that we're fat. Because fat people only date each other, obviously.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #30
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
SNIPPED
At this point I love the negativity, makes it very easy to remove people from my life who aren't contributing positively to it.
It's also probably worth asking yourself why these kinds of people keep ending up in your circle to begin with. A lot of guys on here talk about how their friends are not that judgmental and couldn't give two sh*ts about how fat or thin their girlfriends are. So if it's something you keep encountering, it's worth looking at the pattern from your side of things too - in terms of who you tend to choose for friends and why.

(There you have my unsolicited advice. )
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:12 AM   #31
LordQuas
¢reflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
It's also probably worth asking yourself why these kinds of people keep ending up in your circle to begin with. A lot of guys on here talk about how their friends are not that judgmental and couldn't give two sh*ts about how fat or thin their girlfriends are. So if it's something you keep encountering, it's worth looking at the pattern from your side of things too - in terms of who you tend to choose for friends and why.

(There you have my unsolicited advice. )
It's not something I really encounter anymore, certainly not from people I associate with on a regular basis. It's not like I was sitting around constantly taking crap from people around me, you say something messed up to me one time and Im cutting you off. Ive never had much of a problem hanging around "friends" who treat me like crap because most people have felt more than comfortable treating me like crap way before we could ever become friends and I have too much self respect to deal with that.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #32
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default From the other side of the equation...

This entire thread reminds me of why I don't ask my daughter any questions in this arena. While I've jokingly threatened to casually and immediately assassinate any clearly undesirable candidates for her affections to whom I am introduced (picture a loud, angry battle-scarred Lil Wayne lookalike wearing exposed boxers, more gold that Mr. T and a house arrest bracelet who rudely sneers at me in disdain and gets visibly agitated upon hearing police sirens), my only concerns are her health, happiness and safety. If she doesn't want me shooting him, she'll have to keep these types away from me if she's going to get involved with them. Outside of such a character I try not to give her any negative feedback or introduce her to anyone I think is more suitable; she has to find someone that makes her happy on her own, and I have to respect and trust her to do that.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This can be embarrassing from the other side. When I met my wife I didn't think I was anything that special, and I certainly considered her very desirable, but her Mom..... well, she all but said to my wife, in front of me, do whatever you have to in order to keep this one, you won't do this well again.

That was certainly uncomfortable, and also worried me a bit--did she really like me, or was she just trying to please her mom?

In other words, not only do people who do this hurt the self-esteem of the one they are belittling, they could also be hurting their dating life when they do meet someone.

Wish I could could go to all those family members and just say "STOP IT!"
Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #34
aztecprinc3ss

aztecprinc3ss has said some nice things

Mom my told me that if I wanted to get a boyfriend I should lose weight. She didn't say it to be mean it's just that society is cruel and there is more men that make fun of big women than there are who love them. Of course I think there a lot of closets bbw admirers...
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #35
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

Well, my family is the opposite, which is actually annoying in and of itself.

They regard me in some ridiculous way, as if I'm Joan of Arc, Amelia Earheart, Galileo, Michelle Obama, Princess Diana and Albert Einstein all in one shot.

My father wanted me to settle down and give him grandchildren but wasn't really willing to give his only daughter to just any boob.

And my mother...she is one of those very sweet, very polite people who, in her very sweet and polite way disapproves of any man I date because they

1) aren't Worldy,
2) aren't extremely Rich
3)aren't Royalty or
4) haven't cured cancer.

Seriously. It does get annoying.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #36
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

wrong forum. apologies

Last edited by vardon_grip; 03-06-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: wrong forum
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #37
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

My mom worries about my weight from a medical standpoint, but she doesn't think any man is too good for me. She would constantly say, "You're beautiful, and you have a beautiful brain. Why are you bringing trash home?" My brother has also always been very critical about my weight, but he has never said anything about my weight and my choice in boyfriends, which surprises me. I don't think he thinks I'm limited in the quality I can bring home... he just seems to have the same reaction about my exes as my mom. When I told him I was marrying my ex, he just shook his head and said, "No you aren't." He was right.

Last edited by Deven; 03-06-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Because I realized what I said made no sense.
Deven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #38
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecprinc3ss View Post
Mom my told me that if I wanted to get a boyfriend I should lose weight. She didn't say it to be mean it's just that society is cruel and there is more men that make fun of big women than there are who love them. Of course I think there a lot of closets bbw admirers...
If I were thin, I wouldn't want to be with a man who made fun of fat people anyway.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote