Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
SuzyQutsy

SuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized rep
Default Talk about you experiences with WLS

I did this video talking about weight loss surgery and my experience with it, I would love to hear your stories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMke8p0Pcag
SuzyQutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Sweetnlow

Sweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized repSweetnlow has super-sized rep
Default Change

I had a gastric bypass surgery scheduled the March 5th. However after watching your video I totally changed my mind and canceled the operation. Well the first time I saw the video it didn't make an impact but the second time. Wow....! Here in Sweden where I live we get surgery for free and a lot of people undergo these kind of procedures. I think it's way to easy to get approved for surgery. Just a 5 minute appointment with the surgeon and then you pass. I have to say that you are a very brave woman saying this in public. I really admire you. Hugs from Sweden!!

Ps. I will never alter my body like this to become thin. A healthy lifestyle is what I am going to strive for the rest of my life in a good way.
Sweetnlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
SuzyQutsy

SuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetnlow View Post
I had a gastric bypass surgery scheduled the March 5th. However after watching your video I totally changed my mind and canceled the operation. Well the first time I saw the video it didn't make an impact but the second time. Wow....! Here in Sweden where I live we get surgery for free and a lot of people undergo these kind of procedures. I think it's way to easy to get approved for surgery. Just a 5 minute appointment with the surgeon and then you pass. I have to say that you are a very brave woman saying this in public. I really admire you. Hugs from Sweden!!

Ps. I will never alter my body like this to become thin. A healthy lifestyle is what I am going to strive for the rest of my life in a good way.
The scary thing is how easy it is to have this sort of thing scheduled, I'm guessing that what we have in common is free health care, which is good if you need antibiotics or a bone set, but can leave you open to risky proceedures, a generation ago the cure for all ills was the hysterectomy

It is often performed unneccessarily still

The propaganda at the time was that this operation would help woman who went insane because of the change, meaning the change of life or menopause.

I can practically hear the sugeon laughing who thought that one up over cigars and brandy.

Got problems with your woman? Simply surgically remove the parts that offend (and define her as a woman) and blamo! Your woman problem is solved.

What defines a woman as womanly as compared to a man?

Her curves.

Then step right up we got a surgery for that too.

When it's free the problem is that they can tell you how fortunate you are to have access to the procedure which induces a kind of guilt, if you do not accept thier exalted offer to mutilate you then they cast you as ungrateful for the priviledge.

I don't know what happens in the States.

I was wondering if people are ever forced into it by thier insurance companies? Using continuation of coverage as leverage?

Does this happen?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterectomy

Last edited by SuzyQutsy; 02-27-2012 at 08:52 PM.
SuzyQutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Msprettypanties

Msprettypanties has said some nice things

My mom had GB surgery. She tells anyone who will listen to not get the surgery. She is miserable. Something went wrong with the surgery and my mother had a stroke. It's really sad because she is young just in her 40's.
Msprettypanties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
imaginarydiva21

imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ok well this is my experiance : after getting preassured by the doctors telling me its the only way to loose weight and a few of my friends getting WLS i decided to go ahead with it so in November 2008 at 35 stone i had a gastric sleave http://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide...astric-sleeve/ didnt really have any side affects to this surgery and went down to 23 stone but its now 2012 and i am 24 stone and finding it really hard to shift any more weight i can eat more than when i first had it done but the only differance from before i got it done to now is i know my limitations and when im full

i think people have to rememebr its not a quick fix you still have to diet and exercise i still dont regret having this done and i know if i become stricter with myself can loose more weight it did give me a huge boost in my weight loss jorney but for now im just happy the way i am
Old 03-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy in 2007. I lost 200+ lbs but have recently
regained about 80 (im pregnant with my second child in 2 yrs) If I had to do it again every year I would. I no longer have diabetes,high BP or sleep apnea. I can walk and do just about anything I want. Something I couldn't do at 500 lbs I also was fully convinced death was very soon for me at that weight.
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote