Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Beer (Can it be considered food? lol)

I did not see a thread about beer.

Anyways, I've become a beer connoisseur - being a college student and all
I don't excessively drink or anything. Sorry to kill the college student stereotype However, I enjoy trying new beers aside from the typical Bud Light, Coors, MGD, etc. I noticed that these beers taste of shit compared to what I've been trying.

George Killian's Irish Red!

What are some beers you like? Tell me! If this thread is inappro's for the Foodee Board...
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I did not see a thread about beer.

Anyways, I've become a beer connoisseur - being a college student and all
I don't excessively drink or anything. Sorry to kill the college student stereotype However, I enjoy trying new beers aside from the typical Bud Light, Coors, MGD, etc. I noticed that these beers taste of shit compared to what I've been trying.

George Killian's Irish Red!

What are some beers you like? Tell me! If this thread is inappro's for the Foodee Board...
Most mass market American beers seem to be brewed to have as little flavor as possible? A joke up here goes
Q "What do American beer and sex in a canoe have in common? "
A "They are both (fornicating) close to water!"

But I've had some excellent craft beers in the US....but I never kept track of names, sorry. Most were strictly local anyway, if not just from a particular brew pub. (but there is a hint: search for brew pubs in your area, a great excuse to find a new place and taste some different beer, and something extra to do while travelling!).

A couple of european beers you might find in some bars, that I liked: Stella Artois, and Hogarden (I think that latter is mising an accent or something). Or if you have access to Canadian beers at all, Sleemans pale ale, Riccard's Red, and Keith's IPA are all widely available and a cut above the real big name brews.

(personally I've sadly ended up intolerant to beer, so the above is a few years out of date of current trends. At least I'm still good on hard liquor )
Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I myself do not drink beer that often, but my husband LOVES beer. He is a huge Sam Adams fan. An American microbrewery that the Germans themselves have claimed makes good beer.

He likes most of their different seasonal beers and year round flavors. His favorite is the Octoberfest beer which reminds him the most of beer that he drank when he was stationed in Germany.

I like to make beer bread with it sometimes and also make a beef tip dinner with a three pound hunk of meat, add a packet of onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a bottle of beer, put it on low and cook for three hours. Sometimes I add fresh onions. It is really good with mashed potatoes and sweet corn. The beer helps to make a delicious gravy.

For New Years Eve he usually goes to the liquor store and chooses some specialty beers to enjoy. My favorite is Raspberry Belgian Ale that tastes more like a champagne. He likes to try new beers that are made by micro breweries that come in bottles that look like wine, but they are beer.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Michelob. Or try the Mexican beers Pacifico, Modelo Negro, Dox Equis.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
Or try the Mexican beers Pacifico, Modelo Negro, Dox Equis.
Negra Modelo is my favorite: a dark ale. But they also make a pale ale -- called 'Modelo Especial', I believe -- for those who like something lighter. A beer connoisseur friend tells me that Mexican beers were fairly ordinary until after World War II, when an increase in the German population brought with it a number of biermeisters.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Blue Moon Belgian White, right now is a favorite.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Negra Modelo is my favorite: a dark ale. But they also make a pale ale -- called 'Modelo Especial', I believe -- for those who like something lighter. A beer connoisseur friend tells me that Mexican beers were fairly ordinary until after World War II, when an increase in the German population brought with it a number of biermeisters.
Very true. Another good one is Bohemia and on a hot day I like Carta Blanca for a lighter more refreshing taste.

Beer is a lot like wine in that different flavors go for different times or pairs up with different foods, so it can vary what to drink.

Right now I don't drink a whole lot of beer, but when I do it is usually Guinness Draught cans or Boddingtons Pub Ale in the draught cans.

You also can't go wrong with pretty much all Canadian beers. Them folks figured out how to make damn good tasting beer, even though they can't make whiskey to save their asses, however that is for another thread.

Outside of microbrews, anything from the Sam Adams catalog is tasty, and check out the old school beers, like Schlitz and Old Milwaukee, and other regional ones like Stroh's or Leinenkugel's. They routinely outsold the big beer makers back in the day before advertising pushed Bud and Miller and Coors over the top. Although regular Coors is fairly tasty IMO. The money they saved by not playing the crazy ad game kept their prices low and they still have much better taste. For the American beers anyway.

Last edited by LeoGibson; 12-22-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: An additional thought
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Most of my friends are complete beer snobs and I HATE IT. I love PBR, Coors Light, Miller Light, and Guinness. I absolutely detest anything Sam Adams or any IPAs (that I can think of).

eta: and Im not one of those people that only drinks lighter beers because theyre easier to gulp down to get wasted faster. I just cannot stand beer with intense flavors and complex smells and shit like that. It makes me wanna vomit all over myself. I want my beer to be ice cold, smooth and refeshing... EXCEPT for Guinness. Actually I love the fact that drinking a Guinness is like eating a whole meal. I think my record is about 10 Guinness is one night.

Last edited by Saoirse; 12-22-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Hardly met a beer I didn't like...

Some context: I'm a beer-lover and a wine-lover and a lover of some types of hard liquor that basically quit drinking for health and fitness purposes. It was just, for me, the easiest way to eliminate a lot of empty calories without feeling as deprived as I otherwise would have. That said, I've always felt it was, sort of, unfair the way that beer-in-general was held in some sort of subordinate-view (just generally-speaking) to wine and other types of spirits. From an objective culinary standpoint, beer is a beverage and ingredient like any other. Quality runs the gamut from very fine (as fine as the very finest wines) to mass-produced, to home-made which is very good to home-made which is quite bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
"Most mass market American beers seem to be brewed to have as little flavor as possible?..."
I would guess that every major-brewery or brand in the world has a hand in producing at least one type of brew designed for mass-consumption...Bud, VB, Peroni etc.. Yeah, there's some variety in the alcohol content and the intensity of the flavor. But, for the most part, these are made for their drinkibility, that you can just enjoy one after the other without too much thought about it. In that context, I enjoy all of them differently, if not equally. To say which is these is the very best, for me, is like asking which Dimmer is the prettiest. It's certainly a good problem to have; but, nonetheless, to try to approach it in that kind of way can take us further from the truth.

In that way, if it looks like a good deal, and if they have it on tap, and if it's what they seem to sell a lot of, and if the taps and glasses are clean; I could go for a Guinness Stout. But, more frequently, I would be pleased just to see bottles of NewCastle Brown-Ale. This one place I used to frequent had these 22oz bombers of NewCastle and the fridge they served them out of was so cold, you'd think they'd freeze and break...I mean, it's not really how it's supposed to be done, but that's honestly how I best enjoyed them. And that's a beer, I feel, goes with anything: Alone, with all sorts of food, Perry's Vanilla Ice Cream...ect. So, on this end of the spectrum, I think Sam Adams is actually a pretty good beer, so is Bass-Ale. So is Stella Artois. If I'm at an open-bar type of situation, I will look for those and rotate through them-all. But if it's a deal on all drafts, and they have Blue Moon; I will probably take a Blue Moon with a fresh slice of orange, instead.

To that end, really, the only beer I don't care too much for is a porter. The NewCastle has that carmely quality, but it's not too much; it's subtle-enough. Whereas a lot of the porters are just syrupy-sweet, like a dessert. The only way I can actually imagine myself enjoying a porter would be, like, at the end of a meal, with a slice of cheesecake or something. But I probably wouldn't order that particular combination, even at a restaurant. I'd more likely have a coffee or a Sambuca, something along those lines. Much in the same way, some of these overly-hoppy craft beers (e.g, The Arrogant Bastard-Double Bastard) are just gross, nauseating; produced for some type of deliberately extreme effect.

And on that end of things, the types of bottles and drafts where you would go for, maybe, one or just to split one; I have a few that I look for: The Brooklyn Dark Chocolate Stout. Again, this one is not sugary-sweet. It just kind of has this aroma (chocolate, coffee..maybe?) where you can't quite tell if it's in what you're drinking or on the person standing next to you. The fruit-infused ones, the same-thing; the best are those which give you this taste of fruit (blueberry, apricot, etc..) without the overpowering sweetness. As though you're drinking beer while standing in an orchard or something. The one exception to that would be the Framboise-Lambic type of beers. Those are very sweet, but enjoyable nonetheless. But that's more of a date/after-date type of thing. You know, you share one with a girl or something; I dunno. If that is too sweet for you, Three Philosophers is another one that you might consider splitting (it's a pretty big bottle). You'll find it at lots of gastro-pub types of places. Can't remember exactly who the three philosophers are, that it's named-for. But you'll definitely be philosophizing at the end of that drink. As for high alcohol content, I'm fan of this one produced out of Montreal called Le Fin Du Monde. Strong tasting, but pretty good for a last-call or near last-call. Or Delerium Tremens. Or any of the Chimay or Orval Trappist-Ales.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like craft beers and dark German beer.

Beer can be a really good addition to cooking, especially chili and other types of spicy stews. I'm more of a red wine person, but I do like a good flavorful beer.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Pbr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
"I love PBR, Coors Light..."
I like PBR too. But especially when I'm paying. This one place I used to go-to had a fantastic special; it was something ridiculous like two cans of PBR and a shot of Jameson for a few dollars.

Where I live, you don't see PBR on-tap too often, mostly just cans. But where there's PBR, indeed, good times seem to follow. Coors Light, I've enjoyed it in the type of scenario where it seemed to be the drink of choice for the fellows I was hanging-with. But I'm probably more infatuated with "girls-who-drink-Coors-Light" (sort of dangerous, make bad decisions, will throw patio furniture) than interested Coors-Lite, itself... But if there's a local/regional-brew on-tap, I will tend to try that. Yeugling. Utica Club.

Utica Club is like cheap champagne, they over-carbonate it to make it "taste-more." The gas is truly "a-gas." Dangerous stuff. Folks who go that route have that DGAF-attitiude.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Killians is brewed by Coors, btw. Blue Moon is, too.

<3 Beer. I'm into reds lately, Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale, especially. I can't even say that I have favorites, because it changes all the time. I live in Portland, so there's always something new to try. I try to avoid big brewing companies as much as I can, but sometimes I can't say no to a miller high life. Especially in the summer. I drank a lot of Yuengling when I lived back east, and I miss that stuff. I recently had a really gorgeous Jasmine IPA that was incredible. And cider, don't get me started...
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default So, basically, you really mean just to say that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyknicky View Post
"Killians is brewed by Coors, btw. Blue Moon is, too...don't get me started..."
You throw patio-furniture too?
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #14
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
You throw patio-furniture too?
Yeah but she gets points for mentioning Yuengling.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #15
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I like PBR too. But especially when I'm paying. This one place I used to go-to had a fantastic special; it was something ridiculous like two cans of PBR and a shot of Jameson for a few dollars.

Where I live, you don't see PBR on-tap too often, mostly just cans. But where there's PBR, indeed, good times seem to follow. Coors Light, I've enjoyed it in the type of scenario where it seemed to be the drink of choice for the fellows I was hanging-with. But I'm probably more infatuated with "girls-who-drink-Coors-Light" (sort of dangerous, make bad decisions, will throw patio furniture) than interested Coors-Lite, itself... But if there's a local/regional-brew on-tap, I will tend to try that. Yeugling. Utica Club.

Utica Club is like cheap champagne, they over-carbonate it to make it "taste-more." The gas is truly "a-gas." Dangerous stuff. Folks who go that route have that DGAF-attitiude.
I rarely drink any beer from a can. I dont ever buy cans and when Im drinking from them, its because I have to! Theres a bar I used to go to that had PBR on tap and it was $1 for 16 oz. The place I go now has 12 oz bottles for $2.50. I just love that its cheap and tasty when icy cold! I frequently buy $2 40s...

When Im out and chillin, if theres no PBR available, then we're drinking Coors Lite. If Im with the family at home, then its Miller Lite or Rolling Rock. And I make bad decisions whether Im drinking or not, so...
Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Guinness or Newcastle for me when I do drink, but that's not that often anymore...a beer in my fridge is relatively safe these days.

I saw La Fin Du Monde mentioned earlier, definitely worth a try but yeah, at 9% it's got a nice kick to it. (Way)Back in the day we'd always keep the bottles, on account of their coolness factor...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Fin_du_Monde_(beer)

Last edited by MattB; 12-22-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Fixed link
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
I rarely drink any beer from a can. I dont ever buy cans and when Im drinking from them, its because I have to!
I'm with you! I don't like to drink anything from a can, even soda pop. An engineer once explained to me why beer tastes better from a bottle than from a can, but I can't remember what he said ... I'd had a few beers ...
Old 12-23-2011, 03:17 AM   #18
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The responses, thus far, have made me happy
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Bass. Bass is also particularily nice for cooking.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Normally I can't stand the taste of beer and don't drink it myself. The only time I actually do is when someone else is paying for it.

I tend to go for Corona, Moosehead, and this Keith's beer that has a lovely citrus zing to it. I don't know the name of it, but it's the bartender that introduced me to it and I just tell him "that beer you showed me" and he gets it for me every time. The bar is a Keith's bar, btw.

There's also a nice Sleeman's beer that I got at a local italian Deli. It had dimension, but unfortunately neither with or without a dash of salt, it never sit perfectly well with me, flavor-wise.

Oh... yeah... I tend to either throw in some tequila (Corona), throw in a dash of salt, or scoop out the foam before drinking. Women naturally sip a drink while men kinda guzzle. So men actually taste beer in a better way than women, unless women learn to throw back the bottle a bit more to experience a better flavor. I tried this in another method, and it was true. As soon as I started knocking it back and taking out the foam, it didn't taste so bitter and bready.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #21
Saoirse

im a terrible sipper
Old 12-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #22
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lately I've really been a whiskey gal if I'm out at a bar or something...but when I do go for a beer, it tends to be a very dark one.

Guinness, if they don't have anything else. But more often something like Old Rasputin (high gravity beer = higher alcohol content = more bang for your buck), Stone Arrogant Bastard (a local brewery), Trader Joe's Black Toad Dark Ale (if I'm taking it home), or any kind of oatmeal or chocolate stout.

I guess I'm in a bitter phase.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #23
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

I like dark German beers, Budweiser, Henry Weinhard's Special Reserse (available here in the North West). Unfiltered Wheat beers. I don't like beers with fruity overtones or really bitter IPAs. I NEVER drink low carb beers or light beers. What can I say, I have a beer belly.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #24
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

i like some cheap shit beer, there's good stuff for getting drunk. pabst or a corona with a lime, basic stuff. 40s of king cobra, oe, any servicable malt liquor. trappist ale is really amazing though, and this beer is godlike : http://www.orval.be/en/

like ... literally. i just found out it's created by monks. but it's the best beer i've tasted in my whole life.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by furious styles View Post
pabst.
They still make that stuff? I remember the ads for Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer from my childhood. Pabst, Jax, Falstaff, Progress -- there were a lot of crappy beers around in the fifties. And I, trusting lad that I was, tried them all when I was old enough to drink and was heartily sorry I did.