Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge > 40s forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Post an Old Music Video from "Back in the Day"

Our days, that is.....

Please allow me to go first

David Bowie - Cat People (Putting Out Fire)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpdHMaccjw4

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!
CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!CleverBomb keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is the Day -- The The.

And while I'm thinking of The The, how about:
Uncertain Smile (with the epic Jools Holland piano solo at the end)

Last edited by CleverBomb : 08-15-2013 at 08:40 PM.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's A Sin - Pet Shop Boys
Old 08-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood- Relax
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGbXHc-Ce0

Tainted Love- Soft Cell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeJkbqjQvnk

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 08-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
Old 08-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
firefly

firefly does more than just post hot picsfirefly does more than just post hot picsfirefly does more than just post hot pics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdZvewjwJs

Hope this works - should be Huey Lewis And The News - Doing It All For My Baby - I love the clothes, I love the story - it's more than a video, it's a short movie (7:25 min)!

---

Dromond: ahhh a German group
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #7
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

There is a lot to love about German metal and industrial music. I'm quite the Rammstein fan.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Mexican Radio- Wall of Voodoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw

Old 08-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

Another one for firefly:

99 Luftballons - Nena
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Default Whatever you do...

Chris DeBurgh- Don't Pay the Ferry Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kNwvIEQsg0

Shakespeare's Sister - Stay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tosky-ZNbRw

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy : 08-19-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

OP said it was ok lol

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Great pick Jon!! and welcome to the thread

The only "age requirement" I have in this thread is for the videos- please keep them circa 1980s - perhaps early 90s

Thank you for the posts so far!

But then again, I may be cheating with this one because it might be from the late 70s though I'm saying 1980 and that's the story I'm sticking to...

Sylvester- Do You Wanna Funk?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Vh-a2l6SY

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy : 08-19-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #13
LillyBBBW
Back from the dead

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A-Ha "Take On Me"

Scandal "The Warrior"

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~

Last edited by LillyBBBW : 08-21-2013 at 05:44 AM.
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #14
Vanilla Gorilla
Big. Hairy. Me.

Vanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging inVanilla Gorilla makes people happy simply by logging in

Here are some of the popular songs that I remember from my high school days.

Metallica / One
Def Leppard / Pour Some Sugar On Me
Ace Of Base / The Sign
Europe / THe Final Countdown
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Gotta love The Warrior and One- great picks guys!!

Broken Wings- Mr Mister
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWyeVfuolT4

Alan Parsons Project- Eye in the Sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Cen0DyZeo

Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #16
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

For Lilly

Sylvester You Make Me Feel

*isn't everyone proud of me doing that url wrap thing? :P

Oh and one of my all time ever faves....

The Brothers Johnson- Stomp

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy : 08-21-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
Donna
Bride of Chucky

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bon Jovi-You Give Love a Bad Name

Or how's this for some 80s cheese? Europe-The Final Countdown

This is early 90s hard rock at its finest IMHO: Hardline-Hot Cherie

Also early 90s...it was the inspiration for one of my radio shows: Lynch Mob-Wicked Sensation

Oh lord did I love Jake E Lee....Badlands-Dreams in the Dark

Some Florida boys...Saigon Kick--All I Want is You

And if you don't know Savatage (also a Florida band; used to sneak into bars to see these guys when they were still known as Avatar,) you should. Hall of the Mountain King
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #18
LillyBBBW
Back from the dead

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
For Lilly

Sylvester You Make Me Feel

*isn't everyone proud of me doing that url wrap thing? :P

Oh and one of my all time ever faves....

The Brothers Johnson- Stomp
Sylvester!!

Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"

Nolan Thomas "Yo' Little Brother" (there is good fight scene choreography in this one toward the end)

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 08-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #19
alligadeer

alligadeer has said some nice things

Guns N'Roses - November Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

This song is a classic, and one of the first true rock ballads presented to my generation. Everything from the opening piano, until and throughout the chorus and orchestration, gives me chills. And Slash playing guitar in the churchyard is perfect, near the end. Still gives me chills. As good quality as Meatloaf, I tell ya!

And can anyone name the venue from :16 in to 1:30, what place is that?
alligadeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #20
alligadeer

alligadeer has said some nice things

Guns N'Roses - November Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

This song is a classic, and one of the first true rock ballads presented to my generation. Everything from the opening piano, until and throughout the chorus and orchestration, gives me chills. And Slash playing guitar in the churchyard is perfect, near the end. Still gives me chills. As good quality as Meatloaf, I tell ya!

And can anyone name the venue from :16 in to 1:30, what place is that?
alligadeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

I'm a little surprised this one hasn't come up yet:

Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
Green Eyed Fairy
Not so bad...

Running Up That Hill Kate Bush

Good Pick Dromond - love that song

Old 08-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #23
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Loving this thread!

From my clubbing days:
Danielle Dax - Big Hollow Man

A great Joan Jett tune:
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Light Of Day

Forever a Duranie:
Duran Duran - The Reflex

Sounds as good as the day released:
Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance

A little DM to round it out:
Depeche Mode - Strangelove
Old 08-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #24
Dromond
Ipecac incarnate

Anthemic rock doesn't get enough love!

Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row

Bed of Nails - Alice Cooper

Rock You (NSFW Version) - Helix
Rock You (Work Safe Version) - Helix

Sweating Bullets - Megadeth

Empire - Queensryche

Bringin On The Heartbreak/Switch 625 - Def Leppard

Rocket - Def Leppard

Turn Up The Radio - Autograph

Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #25
LillyBBBW
Back from the dead

The Cult "Rain"

The Smithereens "Blood And Roses"

Concrete Blonde "God Is A Bullet"

And of course

The Smiths "How Soon Is Now"

@~;~~