Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

BigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default American Horror Story!

I wasn't sure if there was a thread for this... my favorite TV show!!! Where I live, the summer has cooled off a lot (I slept in a sweatshirt last night for cryin' out loud!) and it definitely has me craving for fall! I so associate AHS with fall, since the new seasons start up in October.

This fall, the theme will be Freak Show - I AM REALLY EXCITED, however, a little nervous, since I was really excited for Coven, which did not live up to my expectations (I've come to love it though).

Here's an article on HuffPo about it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5627092.html
"The series also announced John Carroll Lynch will be coming on to play the show's ďscariest creation so far." Executive producer Tim Minear said the upcoming installment of "AHS" is "not like the first three seasons," praising "Freak Show" for being "the best season so far," and Kathy Bates seems to agree -- at least when it comes to the scare factor."

Does anyone else watch? Have you heard anything else about the new season?
Old 07-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
DaisyBBW

DaisyBBW does more than just post hot picsDaisyBBW does more than just post hot pics

I can't wait for Freak Show!! Asylum has been my favorite season so far. I can't believe they're bringing Pepper back, she is my favorite!
DaisyBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

BigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieMargot knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyBBW View Post
I can't wait for Freak Show!! Asylum has been my favorite season so far. I can't believe they're bringing Pepper back, she is my favorite!
Same here, omg I lived for Asylum and I think I have rewatched that season maybe 3 times since it's been on Netflix. I hope Pepper still has the alien-influence, I think that would be interesting to see her carry over and develop in the new season!!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
joeyv2323

joeyv2323 has said some nice things

Glad I'm not alone on this show lol freakshow should be very interesting. What other characters are coming back?
joeyv2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyv2323 View Post
Glad I'm not alone on this show lol freakshow should be very interesting. What other characters are coming back?
Most of the cast is repeating, like in previous seasons, but to my knowledge Pepper is the only "character" coming back.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Afro Man

Afro Man has said some nice things

Just the fact that they are bringing a character back from season 2 gives me hope for it. I'm with you on the last season, although I enjoyed it I thought it was a little unfocused and missed an opportunity to be a GREAT story. That being said I'm super excited for this season....I love old circus stuff. Plus the promo's have been looking super slick.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Man View Post
Just the fact that they are bringing a character back from season 2 gives me hope for it. I'm with you on the last season, although I enjoyed it I thought it was a little unfocused and missed an opportunity to be a GREAT story. That being said I'm super excited for this season....I love old circus stuff. Plus the promo's have been looking super slick.
ahh! i haven't seen any promos yet. can you share please?
Old 08-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #8
Afro Man

This one was my favorite, but you can find some others on tumblr and what not.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #9
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSRadjN_IWk

This one was my favorite, but you can find some others on tumblr and what not.
shoot, no longer available! i'll have to do a search in the morning. thanks for the heads up as i didn't realize the promos were out yet!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:58 AM   #10
Afro Man

Try this one.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:47 AM   #11
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

Quote:
awesome, THANK YOU! their teaser promos are always so amazing! this looks so good, i live!
Old 08-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #12
Deven
In Stasis

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love this show! So far my favorite season has been Asylum. I felt Coven failed to shine in comparison.

Also, this is Jessica Lange's last season! I don't like that, but I can understand why.

Last edited by Deven; 08-04-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Deven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #13
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

someone posted pix of the supposed set... wanted to share. they are from here: http://bullsilya.tumblr.com/post/940...ory-freak-show

Old 08-13-2014, 04:45 AM   #14
Sascha

Sascha has said some nice things

I really liked the first 2 series but didn't even finish watching the Coven as I lost interest as it seemed to lose its way a bit.
But I'm really excited about this new one, I find clowns really creepy and love the whole circus feel.
I want to be Jessica Lang when I grow up...
Sascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #15
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysupersizebbw is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Yay! AHS is coming back, can't wait for Freak Show to start!

My favorite season by far was definitely Asylum, thereafter followed by coven, then haunted house.

Jessica Lange is definitely my favorite actor on the show...i loved Angela Bassett in coven, so I'm glad she's coming back this season too!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
SydneyScreams

SydneyScreams can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Last night's episode was great!! I'm super excited to see where this season goes. The clown totally got me; I'm not even afraid of clowns!!

My fav season was Murder House, followed by Coven and then Asylum. I think I would like Asylum more if it weren't for the end.
SydneyScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #17
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

UHM WTF WAS THAT

Ive never watched any of the AHS, but I watched last night's episode, cause who doesn't love a good freakshow?

Damn, that boy is hot. Damn, that clown is SCARY!

I was just telling a friend how bummed I was that TCM isn't showing one of my favorites, Tod Browning's FREAKS (omg watch it now), but then I remembered this show and... I love it.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #18
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That clown is fucked up.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was just told by a friend that the creepy dude that went to the show with his Mom (?) and he was all skeezy with the twins, is from a town near me.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #20
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The clown was the best part of the show! I am terrified of clowns so I was pretty pumped up when I saw him! The rest of the show was a lot to absorb...IMO. I'm sure I'll like it better once the season goes on...but last night I felt like they tried to throw everything at you at once. Still, I'm addicted, so I'll be watching next week, and the week after, etc.
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #21
FluffyButterfly80
Let's be friends!

FluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging in

I LOVED season 1 and 2... I haven't got around to watching season 3 yet! I'm really looking forward to this new season! I will be sure to keep up with it (haven't started it yet!)
I love that each season is new and you can start fresh each season without being lost! haha
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #22
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyButterfly80 View Post
I LOVED season 1 and 2... I haven't got around to watching season 3 yet! I'm really looking forward to this new season! I will be sure to keep up with it (haven't started it yet!)
I love that each season is new and you can start fresh each season without being lost! haha
Season 1 was my absolute favorite!!! (Evan Peters!! Drools!) Season 2 was my second favorite. To be quite honest, I was not impressed with Season 3. I found it to be quite boring compared to the first 2 seasons. I am excited, however, to see where they take Freak Show!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
FluffyButterfly80
Let's be friends!

FluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffyButterfly80 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Season 1 was my absolute favorite!!! (Evan Peters!! Drools!) Season 2 was my second favorite. To be quite honest, I was not impressed with Season 3. I found it to be quite boring compared to the first 2 seasons. I am excited, however, to see where they take Freak Show!
I think my fav of the first 2 was probably season 2.. but they were both great! I only got as far as the first episode of season 3 and just never got back to it again. I will eventually. But I will for sure be watching this season. It looks so fun!!
Old 10-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #24
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

My worst nightmare!!!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #25
Saoirse

How are we not keeping up with this thread?

OMG WOW I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Lol I loved when the Clown was picked up by the crazy woman. He was like wtf... I love that those two are so crazy, a killer clown couldnt handle it. Im dying to find out more about those two.

But my favorite part was the dinner scene, where theyre all chanting and the legless woman hands Jimmy the cup to drink from and he flips out. That scene pays homage to the movie Freaks (one of my favorites!) and it was well done.

Strongman is scary. He will kill again and Im scared to find out who.

and AWWW POOR MEEP!!!!!