Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge > 30s forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Goals Before We Hit 40....

My birthday is next month and I will be 38...inching closer and closer to that 40 mark. So, it has me thinking about things I want to accomplish before I hit the big 4-0.

My main objective before 40 is to travel out of the country. At this point, I don't care where lol. Though if I had a choice, it would be Italy, The UK, or Greece.

What are some of y'alls goals?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
LeoGibson
Partyin' at the moontower

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

38 Here as well, and I would have to say my main goals for before I'm 40 are to take a trip to Ireland to visit a friend and to find and launch a new career.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
MattB
Master Member

MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hit the 3-8 last month. To be honest, the last time I set any age-related goals was at 30. It may sound strange to say, but I was never happy when I was younger and always looked forward to being older. I'm excited for 40.

I am trying to get as much music written and recorded as possible, not necessarily for before turning 40 but I am noticing I can't play guitar as fast as I used to. That sucks, but it is giving me motivation to get my metal stuff done now...

Okay, maybe one goal before turning 40 is to finally retire from wearing ball caps. This has vexed me for a few years now, I feel I'm getting to old to wear them, but I haven't found a good old guy hat yet.
MattB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson
38 Here as well, and I would have to say my main goals for before I'm 40 are to take a trip to Ireland to visit a friend and to find and launch a new career.
Oh Ireland sounds nice too...though the accents are so thick, I dunno if I could understand anyone who spoke to me lol
Old 07-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB
I hit the 3-8 last month. To be honest, the last time I set any age-related goals was at 30. It may sound strange to say, but I was never happy when I was younger and always looked forward to being older. I'm excited for 40.

I am trying to get as much music written and recorded as possible, not necessarily for before turning 40 but I am noticing I can't play guitar as fast as I used to. That sucks, but it is giving me motivation to get my metal stuff done now...

Okay, maybe one goal before turning 40 is to finally retire from wearing ball caps. This has vexed me for a few years now, I feel I'm getting to old to wear them, but I haven't found a good old guy hat yet.
Wow, I thought you were younger and happy belated.

I play clarinet in the city pops band but I hadn't played since college, until this past year. I couldn't believe how much I have slowed down too...and how much I forgot. I play piano too and have been meaning to get a keyboard and start practicing again but after the whole clarinet fiasco, I'm a little skeered lol

You're never too old for ball caps my dad is in his 60's and I don't think anyone, outside of the family, has ever seen him without his Notre Dame hat on lol

Last edited by largenlovely : 07-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't thought about it that much. I would like to have more children, and that's definitely something to get done before I'm 40. But if it doesn't happen, it's okay. I'd like to finally get that book written and published. Maybe have furniture that matches, too
Old 07-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
MattB
Master Member

MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MattB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
Wow, I thought you were younger and happy belated.

I play clarinet in the city pops band but I hadn't played since college, until this past year. I couldn't believe how much I have slowed down too...and how much I forgot. I play piano too and have been meaning to get a keyboard and start practicing again but after the whole clarinet fiasco, I'm a little skeered lol

You're never too old for ball caps my dad is in his 60's and I don't think anyone, outside of the family, has ever seen him without his Notre Dame hat on lol
Thanks! I guess I'll keep the caps and just pull my pants up higher...

I still want to get a drum set, maybe I'll do that before 40. It's never too late.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin
I'd like to finally get that book written and published.
Meeeee too...I've started a milllion of them lol
Old 07-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Thanks! I guess I'll keep the caps and just pull my pants up higher...
HA!!! or shorts with black dress socks and sandals would work as well
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
lottapounds
happy mutant

lottapounds can now change their title

My goal for my thirties, since i am 31, is to get my life together. I spent most of the previous decade being so utterly depressed that I pissed some of the best years down my leg. :-) Not literally, luckily.
lottapounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
MattB
Master Member

Quote:
HA!!! or shorts with black dress socks and sandals would work as well
Why is this so despised? It's a great compromise between business and pleasure.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #12
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:

Why is this so despised? It's a great compromise between business and pleasure.
It's disturbing...and now I'm totally imagining you in some bright flowerdy bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals lol
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
MattB
Master Member

Quote:
It's disturbing...and now I'm totally imagining you in some bright flowerdy bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals lol
I would never wear bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals. Plaid shorts, yes. Bermuda, no.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:

I would never wear bermuda shorts with black dress socks and sandals. Plaid shorts, yes. Bermuda, no.
Ok that makes it a little better I suppose (no it doesn't) lol
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
ScreamingChicken
Master Member

ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ScreamingChicken has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I turned 38 back in May and for the longest time I had one goal to knock down by age 40 and that was get my bachelor's degree. With my divorce throwing that off the rails and the realization that I would have to go in to some serious debt to acheve it, it's not going to happen anytime in the forseeable future.

In the meantime, I just want to be happy for the first time in a LONG time...
Old 07-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I feel like I'm too young to reply to this thread (which... well, that's okay, to be honest! lol), but I'd seriously love to pay off my mortgage by the time I'm 40. It's a totally impossible goal, but it would make me all kinds of happy.

Ditto on the novel thing. I've written novel length stories, but nothing that would ever be publishable.

I guess a more realistic goal would be settling into a decent job that I don't completely detest.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #17
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
This discussion reminded me of this: http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/16

Just so you know what you are ramping up towards for, say, 50 ;-)
Old 07-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad

This discussion reminded me of this: http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/06/16

Just so you know what you are ramping up towards for, say, 50 ;-)
Lol I couldn't find it on youtube but I think the, "mom jeans" skit from Saturday night live would also be appropriate for this thread lol

We'll save the, "oops I crapped my pants" skit for a much later date lol
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
MattB
Master Member

<-----(Fixes onions to his belt...)
Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #20
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by seavixen View Post

Ditto on the novel thing. I've written novel length stories, but nothing that would ever be publishable.

I guess a more realistic goal would be settling into a decent job that I don't completely detest.
Hey, if a fan-fic writer writing the most impossibly-to-believe "erotic" dreck can be on the NYT Best-Seller List for weeks, you certainly should have a chance!! Don't give up!

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just turned 34 so i have a few years but I really want to have a career that fulfills me by the time i hit 40. I'm late in the career game because I have spent the last 10 years being a mother to a medically special child. I am hoping that Alex wont need as much special care even though we suspect he has aspergers. I want to start a career in the biggest way but at the same time i have no idea what i want to be/do.
My other 40 year old goal is to get into good enough shape to be in tae kwon do like Max and the hubs.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #22
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan
I just turned 34 so i have a few years but I really want to have a career that fulfills me by the time i hit 40. I'm late in the career game because I have spent the last 10 years being a mother to a medically special child. I am hoping that Alex wont need as much special care even though we suspect he has aspergers. I want to start a career in the biggest way but at the same time i have no idea what i want to be/do.
My other 40 year old goal is to get into good enough shape to be in tae kwon do like Max and the hubs.
I can relate to this post.

I would like to get in good enough shape to box though. I wish I could do kickboxing and softball but the docs told me with a prosthetic hip, I wouldn't be able to do those but I could box I bet. There's footwork involved but a lot of it is upper body and just being in shape.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #23
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, at this point, there's no way i could do the classes without risk of injury. Lots of jumping and running and push ups.. I am contemplating getting the couch to 5k program to help me get in shape for starting martial arts. It looks like so much fun beating the crap out of a bag and using sticks to hit each other. (well you're supposed to block)
Old 08-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan
Yeah, at this point, there's no way i could do the classes without risk of injury. Lots of jumping and running and push ups.. I am contemplating getting the couch to 5k program to help me get in shape for starting martial arts. It looks like so much fun beating the crap out of a bag and using sticks to hit each other. (well you're supposed to block)
And not to mention therapeutic lol...talk about an awesome way to work out life's frustration lol

I go to the gym. It has taken some time, but I can walk for 30 minutes at a relatively brisk pace. I do the Elliptical too. When I first got on that death trap, I had to stop every 30 seconds to catch my breath lol. I'm now up to being able to go 7 minutes without stopping. It happened pretty quickly too. I was actually surprised at how quickly I progressed but I have been persistant with it. I get on that bad boy almost every day lol

I will download an audio book, listen to music or read a magazine and the time will go by pretty quickly. Eventually, ya get to where you like the exercise. I never ever thought I would say that lol but at first it's a sumbitch lol

Just wanted to add that I do take lots of breaks lol. 15 mins of walking...break...Then 15 mins on the Elliptical...break lol...repeat process

Last edited by largenlovely : 08-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #25
lovelylady78
Hopeless romantic

lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!
lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've met a lot of the goals I set for myself already...I've met ALL of the professional goals I've set for myself, actually...but the older I get, the more I know that I want to get married and have children. To me right now in my life, that's what really feels undone.