Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #101
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aocutiepi View Post
Story of my life. Why aren't smart guys into me?
There's a lack of genuinely smart guys in the world, lol. But yours will come

I can get with the guys I want... but only sexually... Which won't help me shake off that "groupie" status I acquired in high school.

CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #102
metabliss
Just cool enough 4 school

metabliss does more than just post hot picsmetabliss does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I'm back to being frustrated about being single.

The problem is that the ones I find attractive will only approach me for sex... And not meet me in public (so I decline) but the ones looking for a relationship are already obviously not compatible with me, and they aren't what I find attractive, either.

I'm kinda hating 2012 so far. I don't want the year to end that way.
Oh, have you been reading my diary? haha. Story of my life too. Don't know how much comfort it brings you to know that you aren't alone, but I'm right there with you. Personally, I've been through and entire cycle of being sad about how shallow men are>being mad about men>losing respect for men>downright hating men> and now I'm back to thinking that they aren't so bad. I have come through a full man-hating circle. But I swore to myself that I would rather die single then to "just settle" for what I can get.

I am still waiting to see if it pays off or if I should start knitting cat sweaters and drinking vodka for breakfast now.

metabliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #103
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Technically, my significant other and I are together again (I'm giving him a chance to undo some major damage he's done to my faith in him) so I guess I'm not single but I certainly don't feel committed. Right now I would be perfectly happy to be left alone to do my volunteer work and hang out with my dog. I guess I'm just emotionally exhausted.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #104
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
There's a lack of genuinely smart guys in the world, lol. But yours will come

I can get with the guys I want... but only sexually... Which won't help me shake off that "groupie" status I acquired in high school.
Haha, well... academically inclined guys.

Seriously, though. Those guys are more than willing to sleep with me... but won't date me. It's SO frustrating.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #105
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think there's a lack of smart guys or girls at all, or whatever it is you're interested in. I think people often mistake standards with expectations and lower the wrong one. It's good to have standards, and I don't think we should lower them or settle. But we often have unrealistic expectations about what's out there and what we bring to the table. I know I certainly have them at times.

I know how it can be suck being single (I broke up with my ex in 2003 and have dated since then, but none of them went anywhere), but I also know how good it can be. Putting your expectations too high is a very dangerous activity. Waiting around for the perfect person to ask you on a date means you'll be sitting around for a while. It's important to get out there and keep living and keep enjoying being you. We all have to bring something to the table in a relationship, and it can be very easy to forget that. We tend to focus mostly on what we want in a partner, and not what we have to offer.

We can also get too caught up in checking all the boxes, and might be passing up wonderful people because they don't have absolutely everything we want. Expecting another person to have everything you want and to be everything just puts a lot of pressure on them, and that's not fair. I think re-evaluating our expectations can make a big difference to the dating experience.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #106
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going onaocutiepi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I don't think there's a lack of smart guys or girls at all, or whatever it is you're interested in. I think people often mistake standards with expectations and lower the wrong one. It's good to have standards, and I don't think we should lower them or settle. But we often have unrealistic expectations about what's out there and what we bring to the table. I know I certainly have them at times.

I know how it can be suck being single (I broke up with my ex in 2003 and have dated since then, but none of them went anywhere), but I also know how good it can be. Putting your expectations too high is a very dangerous activity. Waiting around for the perfect person to ask you on a date means you'll be sitting around for a while. It's important to get out there and keep living and keep enjoying being you. We all have to bring something to the table in a relationship, and it can be very easy to forget that. We tend to focus mostly on what we want in a partner, and not what we have to offer.

We can also get too caught up in checking all the boxes, and might be passing up wonderful people because they don't have absolutely everything we want. Expecting another person to have everything you want and to be everything just puts a lot of pressure on them, and that's not fair. I think re-evaluating our expectations can make a big difference to the dating experience.
I'm actually okay with being single 95% of the time. I've only been in a relationship for circa two months of my life. I'm used to it. I'm very fulfilled with school and my friends and family. However, my books don't call just to ask how my day is going or cuddle with me at night (though I've fallen asleep next to an organic chemistry book a few times). So that's the only time I wish I weren't single.

I'm going to have a doctorate in about four years, and I want someone who can at least try to keep up with me intellectually. I've lowered that standard at the behest of several people in my life before and were it not for learning from the many times I've done it, I'd rather have not gone through it.

I've also never dated someone I met in real life. I guess it's a shallow dating pool where I live. I've been doing the online dating thing for about four years, the land where tick box checks can get sussed out much more quickly than in person. I've dated tall men, men shorter than me (and I'm 5'6"), men of different religious backgrounds, different races, different education history, fat men, skinny men, republicans, democrats... Learning from this, the only tick box I have to check is intellect, an interest in learning for learning's sake, specifically. Bring on the chubby 5'4" atheist guy who actually puts down books in the "likes to read" section.

Sure, I have preferences like everyone else on these boards, the topic of preferences is done to death here. But at the end of the day, I carry no other standard (aside from realistic ones like getting treated well by him and that he isn't into shady dealings).

I thought I'd explain myself, penguin. I agree with what you said (and tried to rep you for it but need to spread around some love) about having so many tick boxes that no human on Earth can live up to what you're looking for. You're bound to keep getting disappointed by mere mortals if that's the case. And I only pity the people who set themselves up for that kind of failure if they haven't been told by someone that they're being just a little bit naive. Otherwise, we need posts and explanations like yours to wipe the fairy tale stars out of some eyes. We can't always get "Prince Charming" with every little detail our perfect ideal... but we can get "Lord Sort-of-Charming" whose particular brand of sort-of charming becomes quite endearing after spending some quality time with him.

I just wanted to state that I don't think I have that problem. In case anyone thought I did. In a land where so many people pursue dating like a laundry list of requirements, I get told I'm picky on a regular basis for having one real standard.

The good news is, I'm actually talking to someone right now and he's so intelligent it's kind of intimidating... and HOT. Maybe I'll be checking out of here soon to get some good, good nerd love.

Last edited by aocutiepi; 01-11-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Had to add something else. Silly ADHD.
aocutiepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #107
rg770Ibanez
goochmaster

rg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going onrg770Ibanez knows EXACTLY what's going on

Checking in for 2012.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #108
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Goodbye single thread.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:55 AM   #109
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yay!!!

I'm checking in here for the first time in 2012...
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #110
Blackhawk2293
Still tired of life

Blackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust99 View Post
Yay!!!

I'm checking in here for the first time in 2012...
Does this mean that you weren't single until now or that you just didn't get around to checking in until now?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #111
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nervous and excited..... I might be leaving this thread!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #112
spiritangel
Spreading the Love

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!
spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post
Goodbye single thread.
woo hoo congratulations Ivan may your stay away be a very very long one or permanent
Old 01-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #113
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rellis10 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Goodbye single thread.
Woohoo! Congrats Ivan
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #114
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Goodbye single thread.
Happy for you babe!!! Hope she deserves you!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #115
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk2293 View Post
Does this mean that you weren't single until now or that you just didn't get around to checking in until now?
Didn't get around to it.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
Spill!!! PM
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #116
spiritangel
Spreading the Love

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!
spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
I missed this first read through congrats gl hope the same as you said for Ivan that they are worthy of you!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #117
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm keeping one foot in this thread. The other is planted in kinda sorta coupledom.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #118
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Congrats!!!

Quote:
Goodbye single thread.
Woo-hoo!!! Congratulations, kind sir!!!

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #119
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Annnnnnnnnnnd I'm back.

Ready to enjoy the singledom.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #120
Aust99

Say what?? Sorry to hear that Mishty! Time for some fun though... am I right??? lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #121
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

YES, you're very right! Time for some fun!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #122
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

I don't know if I've checked in on past threads, but yep. I'm here.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #123
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sorry... been busy this year.

Single.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #124
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hello beautiful people. :-)
Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #125
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.
BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Checking in, but interested in someone who seems to be interested on me.... only one date so far, but regular phone/text conversations... I'm cautiously optimistic.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote