Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default 90's Music Anyone?

Well i saw the 90's TV thread and the 90's gaming thread so i figured i would make a 90's music thread? remember the good old 90's music? Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Hootie & The Blowfish, Counting Crows, Bush, Eve6, The Verve, Goo Goo dolls. Ah good times indeed and good music to boot.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #2
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Matchbox 20
In the 90's
"push"
Oh my audio-gasms.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
sgageny

sgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

terrible 90's music ?

I'm talking Hanson,Backstreet boys,spice girls and let's not forget N*Sync! Ha ha

Eh who am I kidding i listened to them all back in the day ...

Oh the shame!
sgageny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was a huuuuge Spice Girl fan.

I had an absolute FIT when Geri/Ginger left the group [because she had red hair like mine and her voice was incredible] sooo many days spent with my friends singing and pretending to be them. Oh, sweet childhood memories. I even had a Sporty Spice doll!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
FA Punk

FA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going on

TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Punk View Post
TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck yes.

Also:
Skinny Puppy
A Perfect Circle
KMFDM (when they were actually good)
Scooter
Crystal Method
White Zombie
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Pig
Ministry
Apoptygma Berzerk
Lacuna Coil
Type O Negative
Paul Van Dyk
Prodigy
Daft Punk
Aphex Twin

So-bad-it-was-good:
Ace of Base
Eiffel 65
2-Unlimited
Vengaboys

Damn, music was decent for so much of that decade.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Fuck yes.

Also:
Skinny Puppy
A Perfect Circle
KMFDM (when they were actually good)
Scooter
Crystal Method
White Zombie
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Pig
Ministry
Apoptygma Berzerk
Lacuna Coil
Type O Negative
Paul Van Dyk
Prodigy
Daft Punk
Aphex Twin

So-bad-it-was-good:
Ace of Base
Eiffel 65
2-Unlimited
Vengaboys

Damn, music was decent for so much of that decade.
I enjoy Tool, but i always Enjoyed a perfect circle more.

I think Danny Carey is an amazing drummer and it's not really something that's disputable, but Josh Freese, who played for a perfect circle is one of my absolute favorites. The guy is amazingly talented.

just haven't posted in a while and this seemed like a logical post.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Vengaboys
Oh jesus I thought I'd got rid of them from my mind a long time ago
Old 01-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Plump Princess View Post
Matchbox 20
In the 90's
"push"
Oh my audio-gasms.
I totally agree! "Push" got me into Matchbox Twenty, you guys have great taste in 90's music. I remember bands like Garbage was good too, groups like R.E.M., Presidents Of The United States, LEN, Spacehog, Marcy's Playground, Fastball, Del Amitri, Merideth Brooks, LIVE, even groups like LFO were fun. Those were good times man. Man the 90's was good.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #10
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Stone Temple Pilots. Core & Purple were amazing albums. I still love them. Really, really a lot.
Radiohead. Pablo Honey had some great stuff on it.
Tori Amos. She put out some fantastic albums in the '90s.
Type O Negative. Peter Steele had SUCH a sexy voice.
Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam... let's face it, I still like grunge.
Tom Waits. Okay, so he's not a '90s artist, but Mule Variations was one of the albums he put out in the '90s, and it's one of my favourites of his.
No Doubt. Tragic Kingdom - when Gwen Stefani was awesome.
Counting Crows. I'm pretty sure I know August and Everything After by heart.

This is gonna sound a bit out of nowhere, but Boyz II Men's first two albums were really good - and they put on a fantastic concert. I saw them not long after II came out.

There were a lot of various artists that I liked some stuff by (Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, etc.), too, as there is with most decades... and I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of excellent artists.

As for the bad... I'm not going there. We will not bring NKOTB into this.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

Elliott Smith, Pavement, Matthew Sweet, PJ Harvey, The Lemonheads, James, XTC, Pantera, They Might Be Giants, and The Flaming Lips, all put out great stuff in the 90s. The 90s were also my favorite decade for Hip Hop.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #12
sgageny

sgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Jeff Buckley.
Spent most of my angst ridden youth listening to the magic he weaved.
sgageny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #13
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

my god yes ...

portishead
company flow
cypress hill
soundgarden
sonic youth
nine inch nails
nas
gang starr
madlib
dr octagon
deltron
wu tang
control machete
guy called gerald
goldie
richard d james
boards of canada

a huge portion of my favorite music ever made comes from this decade ..
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 AM   #14
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgageny View Post
terrible 90's music ?

I'm talking Hanson,Backstreet boys,spice girls and let's not forget N*Sync! Ha ha

Oh the shame!
I was team Nsync all the way. Thankfully, I had my older, and wiser sisters forcing me to listen to Neutral Milk Hotel, Elliott Smith, and a bit more mature music so I wasn't stuck with Top 40 forever. Not gonna lie, I still jam them on the iPod from time to time.
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

My best friend bought us tickets to see Nick Carter (of Backstreet Boys fame) on his solo tour in February as my Christmas present. I'm so psyched.

Go ahead, call me lame.

I also loved all of the other Top 40 stuff like the Spice Girls.

Lest we think I have no taste, I also enjoyed Matchbox Twenty, Eve6, Goo Goo Dolls, Pearl Jam, Third Eye Blind, Oasis, No Doubt, Boyz II Men, TLC and I have to give some love to 90s hip-hop like Snoop, Dre, 2 Pac and Biggie. Meh, we might still think I have no taste. No big deal.

I like to think my iPod is a bit unpredictable. You never know what'll turn up on it.

But a lot of it comes from the 90s, my favorite music.

Last edited by aocutiepi; 01-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
aocutiepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Angelina

Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics

LOL I'm listening to a 90's station right now! I LOVED the 90's for it's amazing contribution to music...and feel like I've become one of those old folks that grumps 'Music was so much better back in my day'.
:P
Current track - Tracy Bonham Mother, mother....
Old 01-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #17
LinathSuru
Dreamer

LinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgageny View Post
terrible 90's music ?

Oh the shame!
I'm right there with you on those. My first concert was the Backstreet Boys when their Millennium Tour came to Dallas. And I loved it.

Lots of bands I'm not ashamed to admit loving back then listed here as well though. Good taste in music it seems.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
Nexis

Nexis can now change their title

Don't forget to add some Weezer and Smash Mouth to the mix.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
mimosa
Fluffy Mama

mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!mimosa keeps pushing the rep limit!
Talking 90's Music, you say?????

Smashing Pumpkins
http://youtu.be/NOG3eus4ZSo

No Doubt !!!!!!!! My all time favorite band.
http://youtu.be/TR3Vdo5etCQ

Alanis Morissette
http://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc

LL Cool J
http://youtu.be/Um99r6sgspY

Black Street (This song drives me crazy!!!!!! In a good way.)
http://youtu.be/kC6TnBx0HIU

Thaila!!!!!!!!!!!! I gonna put a little bit of Mexican style here.
http://youtu.be/_1Rxj7Dk9eM

And the queen of Tex Mex: Selena.
http://youtu.be/MB812i7tOZA
mimosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #20
KittyCourtz
Freelance Illustrator

KittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKittyCourtz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I remember listening to Brittney Spears (her early stuff), N*Sync, Spice Girls, and Smash Mouth. =)
KittyCourtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
kristineirl
memento mori

kristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized rep

savage garden is my constant <3
kristineirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #22
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

Most of the artists I would have mentioned have been mentioned already, with the exceptions of:

Incubus, even though the 2000s had started before they reached widespread popularity, and:

Sponge, whose 1994 debut album Rotting Piñata might be my favourite grunge album ever released. Sponge had two singles ("Plowed", and "Molly", better known by the line 'sixteen candles down the drain') which were heard on the radio constantly for about six months, their album was certified gold, then they pretty much disappeared. Apparently they're still together and still recording, but the singer is the only original member still with the group. They're not on a big label anymore, and whoever had been promoting them in 1994 must not have been too concerned with Sponge's lasting success. But for what it's worth, I've checked out some of the music they've released since 1994 and haven't been too impressed by any of it. (The song "Have You Seen Mary" from their 1996 album Wax Ecstatic is pretty okay.)

So there. Two 90s bands that have held some influence over my own songwriting.

Last edited by Happenstance; 01-20-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Happenstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #23
Takeshi
That's how my sushi rolls

Takeshi knows EXACTLY what's going onTakeshi knows EXACTLY what's going onTakeshi knows EXACTLY what's going onTakeshi knows EXACTLY what's going onTakeshi knows EXACTLY what's going onTakeshi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Dirty Vegas- "Days Go By".....*nods head...mhm...

also, Sugar Ray - "Some Day"...
Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #24
Victoria08

Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Victoria08 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It was all about the Spice Girls for me in the 90's.

....I, um, may still own their greatest hits cd.
Victoria08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #25
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria08 View Post
It was all about the Spice Girls for me in the 90's.

....I, um, may still own their greatest hits cd.
I do too! Not ashamed.