Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 01-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #26
SitiTomato

SitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going onSitiTomato knows EXACTLY what's going on

90s music nobody in their right mind should like but still do to this day?

For me that's Prozzak. Sucks To Be You, Strange Disease and Omobalasire are all so bad. SO BAD!

So why am I youtubing them again right now!? Damn it!
SitiTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #27
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeshcristina View Post
I was team Nsync all the way. Thankfully, I had my older, and wiser sisters forcing me to listen to Neutral Milk Hotel, Elliott Smith, and a bit more mature music so I wasn't stuck with Top 40 forever. Not gonna lie, I still jam them on the iPod from time to time.
SWOON!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #28
Happenstance
Cautious Pessimist

Happenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going onHappenstance knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitiTomato View Post
90s music nobody in their right mind should like but still do to this day?

For me that's Prozzak. Sucks To Be You, Strange Disease and Omobalasire are all so bad. SO BAD!

So why am I youtubing them again right now!? Damn it!
I still like that song of theirs that uses the tune from the Nutcracker Suite. It's Not Me It's You, I think it's called? I heard it in a record store once and that's how I learned who Prozzak were.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #29
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Godsmack
Bush
Orgy (I still listen to their first two CDs all the time. Their third CD, which came out in like 2005 was so terrible... but their 1998 release is still amazing.)
KoRn (Their last amazing CD was Issues, came out in 1999.)
Marilyn Manson (Mechanical Animals is still a favorite.)
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam (I admittedly can't listen to Ten. Bad memories.)
Nirvana
Savage Garden (still love them...)

It was also a great time for my current favorite band, Depeche Mode, who had Violator come out in 1990, Songs of Faith and Devotion in 1993, and Ultra in 1997. I love all 3 CDs, and really wish that I would've enjoyed them before 2005.

And who can forget:
Limp Bizkit
Old 01-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
Justin

Justin has said some nice things

90's Music.

Okay, the usual suspects, Nirvana, Pearl Jam have been talked about.

Sonic Youth was mentioned, but they put two or three times as many great albums as Nirvana did. So did REM.

My cat is named after Kim Deal of The Pixies & The Breeders.
I put on Last Splash by The Breeders and she went wild.

Yo La Tengo put out some great albums that nobody heard. So did The Screaming Trees.

I was such a Nirvana fan that I started picking up albums of Kurt Cobain's favorite bands. The Pixies, The Vaselines, Wipers, Butthole Surfers and I even ended up with a CD of two bands Glenn Branca was in.

The soundtrack to Singles ( great movie ) has famous bands doing tunes that
didn't get played on the radio.

Fugazi put out most of their albums in the 90s, I didn't listen to those as much as the ones from the 80s. The Replacements broke up and then Bob Stinson died. Too bad since they probably would have gotten around to playing again.

Alice in Chains had the most range of any metal band I ever paid attention to. ( Okay, so they aren't Motorhead type metal, but my standards they're heavy. ) Quiksand & Paw were good too, but no one ever found out about them. Rage Against the Machine were one dimensional, but what a dimension that was!

If I ever did want some metal, I would put on my copy of that Anthrax album with 'If Only' on it. I had the three Guns N Roses albums that came out in the 90s, but two of them were about half an hour too long. My friends loved Pantera, but I was hardly ever in the mood for that.

Everyone talks about Radiohead's OK Computer, but The Bends was even better.

Nine Inch Nails' Downard Spiral was bleak, but very good.

I rocked out to the last two albums by Soundgarden, Redd Kross' Show World, Marvelous 3's Hey Album, Spacehog's Resident Alien, Eugenis Mary Queen of Scots and Soul Asylum's Grave Dancers Union

And to this day, whenever I see a huge stack of music for sale, I look for Smashing Pumpkins, Redd Kross, Wipers, Flop, and that Sonic Youth EP Kurt Cobain drew the cover of.

If you want to see a guilty pleasure from the 90s, Ugly Kid Joe were back together last I heard.

And I understand that Soundgarden & Redd Kross have reformed to keep The Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. company.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #31
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
And I understand that Soundgarden & Redd Kross have reformed to keep The Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. company.
Dinosaur Jr is still around??? Hope they're not as terrible as re-formed Soundgarden (I loved them, but they shouldn't have started releasing new music)!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
eeyorejenny

eeyorejenny can now change their title

Not ashamed to admit, I was a Hanson girl all the way. Still listen to them a lot. I got my three year old niece loving them. I miss the 90's music. You could listen to just about anything on the radio. And watching the videos on MTV and even VH1 were awesome. Those were the days.

I listen to the GenX radio stations on IHeartRadio. Takes me back all the time.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
Justin

Justin has said some nice things

Since Hanson was mentioned,

The year that The Spice Girls came out and Hanson got played on MTV constantly was the beginning of the end of me watching that channel.
Madonna was close to the only pop singer on MTV in the 90s until The Spice Girls came along. And she has basically stopped doing pop songs at that point.

I remember seeing that Hanson video with my then girlfriend and a couple of other women. They were saying the singer, the middle child was good looking but asexual. It took awhile for us until the end of the video to tell their singer was a he. Jodie Foster's name came up a few times to support the female theory and my girlfriend said something like "I think its a boy, but it would work either way with me." She had told me months before she wasn't straight, but each comment like that still blew my mind.

The end of the 90s also had Our Lady Peace, Third Eye Blind, Fastball, The Marvelous 3, Better Than Ezra, Weezer, Ben Folds Five and 3 Doors Down.

And Placebo. Anyone remember their big hit? I went out and bought the album right away.

The theme of the 90s seemed to "Anything goes." Even The Butthole Surfers had hit songs.

Did anyone here listen to Hole's Live Through This? That was quite an album. So was Sugar's Copper Blue. Frank Black's solo albums and a few Mudhoney CDs were in my stereo a lot.

For the guy asking about Dinosaur JR. The original line up reformed, recorded a new album and went on tour with it. I remember seeing them on Letterman.
Pavement and Archers of Loaf are back together as well.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #34
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
For the guy asking about Dinosaur JR. The original line up reformed, recorded a new album and went on tour with it. I remember seeing them on Letterman.
Cool. Not a guy, though

And yeah, I liked Live Through This and Hole in general in the 90's. That being said, Courtney Love is a dirty, dirty skank.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #35
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
90's Music.

Okay, the usual suspects, Nirvana, Pearl Jam have been talked about.

Sonic Youth was mentioned, but they put two or three times as many great albums as Nirvana did. So did REM.

My cat is named after Kim Deal of The Pixies & The Breeders.
I put on Last Splash by The Breeders and she went wild.

Yo La Tengo put out some great albums that nobody heard. So did The Screaming Trees.

I was such a Nirvana fan that I started picking up albums of Kurt Cobain's favorite bands. The Pixies, The Vaselines, Wipers, Butthole Surfers and I even ended up with a CD of two bands Glenn Branca was in.

The soundtrack to Singles ( great movie ) has famous bands doing tunes that
didn't get played on the radio.

Fugazi put out most of their albums in the 90s, I didn't listen to those as much as the ones from the 80s. The Replacements broke up and then Bob Stinson died. Too bad since they probably would have gotten around to playing again.

Alice in Chains had the most range of any metal band I ever paid attention to. ( Okay, so they aren't Motorhead type metal, but my standards they're heavy. ) Quiksand & Paw were good too, but no one ever found out about them. Rage Against the Machine were one dimensional, but what a dimension that was!

If I ever did want some metal, I would put on my copy of that Anthrax album with 'If Only' on it. I had the three Guns N Roses albums that came out in the 90s, but two of them were about half an hour too long. My friends loved Pantera, but I was hardly ever in the mood for that.

Everyone talks about Radiohead's OK Computer, but The Bends was even better.

Nine Inch Nails' Downard Spiral was bleak, but very good.

I rocked out to the last two albums by Soundgarden, Redd Kross' Show World, Marvelous 3's Hey Album, Spacehog's Resident Alien, Eugenis Mary Queen of Scots and Soul Asylum's Grave Dancers Union

And to this day, whenever I see a huge stack of music for sale, I look for Smashing Pumpkins, Redd Kross, Wipers, Flop, and that Sonic Youth EP Kurt Cobain drew the cover of.

If you want to see a guilty pleasure from the 90s, Ugly Kid Joe were back together last I heard.

Great trip through the way back machine.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
Mozz

Mozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Rage Against The Machine.
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #37
imaginarydiva21

imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i was totally boyband kinda girl take that , boyzone, backstreet boys, 5 ,911 oh those were the days of being young
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #38
Craiger16

Craiger16 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCraiger16 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Green Day!

Favorite Band of all time!

But I like a lot of 90's music. I think people put it down but if I had to pick a decade of music I`d want to listen to the 90`s would be it.

Alice in Chains and Nirvana both had awesome unplugged albums that are favorites of mine even these days.

Pearl Jam (first concert for me), Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden Eve 6, Weezer, Offspring, RHCP, Aqua, Our Lady Peace, Everclear, 3 doors down, Oasis, the odds, foo fighters, R.E.M.

As other people have posted about boy bands and such I'd like to say I know the decade has some bad music but what decade doesn`t?

Finally there were a lot of great bands who only had one hit wonders, which is fine, it's better than no hits. But a lot of those songs were fun and some of those bands were better than people gave them credit for. Marcy Playground was one of them for me.

** I saw Dinosaur JR in concert a few years ago, it was awesome.

Last edited by Craiger16; 02-08-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Dinosaur JR
Craiger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #39
Mozz

Mozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMozz can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cant 4get Deftones!
Mozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #40
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Since Hanson was mentioned,

The year that The Spice Girls came out and Hanson got played on MTV constantly was the beginning of the end of me watching that channel.
Madonna was close to the only pop singer on MTV in the 90s until The Spice Girls came along. And she has basically stopped doing pop songs at that point.

I remember seeing that Hanson video with my then girlfriend and a couple of other women. They were saying the singer, the middle child was good looking but asexual. It took awhile for us until the end of the video to tell their singer was a he. Jodie Foster's name came up a few times to support the female theory and my girlfriend said something like "I think its a boy, but it would work either way with me." She had told me months before she wasn't straight, but each comment like that still blew my mind.

The end of the 90s also had Our Lady Peace, Third Eye Blind, Fastball, The Marvelous 3, Better Than Ezra, Weezer, Ben Folds Five and 3 Doors Down.

And Placebo. Anyone remember their big hit? I went out and bought the album right away.

The theme of the 90s seemed to "Anything goes." Even The Butthole Surfers had hit songs.

Did anyone here listen to Hole's Live Through This? That was quite an album. So was Sugar's Copper Blue. Frank Black's solo albums and a few Mudhoney CDs were in my stereo a lot.

I heard Dinosaur Jr was reforming. So Lou Barlow is back and everything? I loved Lou's solo work, still an excellent songwriter and talent!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #41
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
I heard Dinosaur Jr was reforming. So Lou Barlow is back and everything? I loved Lou's solo work, still an excellent songwriter and talent!
Yeah. They've released two albums since reuniting and both are pretty stellar. Beyond has a brilliant cover.

Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #42
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG, I loved 90s music! I was a big fan of Nsync! I loved their first album with the songs, "Tearing up my heart" and "I want you back". In fact I still have the CD and I play the "I want you back" song over and over in my car, LOL! I also loved the Spice Girls and wanted to dress like them, british accents and all, lol. Then you had groups like Brand New Heavies, Groove Theory, En Vogue, Cleopatra, Destiny's Child, SWV, Five, New Kids on the Block, and just too many other groups to name. I think the 90s was the last great decade of music, then it all went downhill!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #43
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-352...l_music_video/
Throwback video- N sync "I want you back"
Old 02-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #44
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
SWOON!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves them some Neutral Milk Hotel.

I end up playing something from In the Aeroplane Over the Sea every day it seems. There's nothing better an honest album.
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 AM   #45
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess87 View Post
Yeah. They've released two albums since reuniting and both are pretty stellar. Beyond has a brilliant cover.

That is awesome! i always liked Lou and Dinosaur Jr. "Legendary" by Lou is powerful and haunting, one of my favirote songs ever. Really tugs on the emotions.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #46
SarahLaughsAlot

SarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going onSarahLaughsAlot knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Toad The Wet Sprocket

All I Want<3 Is To Feel This Way<3 To Be This Close <3 To Feel The Same<3
Old 03-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #47
RacerX69

Location: On the boarder of NY and CT less than an hour from NYC
RacerX69 has said some nice things

I heard Mambo #5 the other day and laughed for about 10 minutes
Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #48
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Just so you know the links are Youtube videos

Tool

STP

Soundgarden

Pearl Jam

The Odds

Matthew Good Band

Moist

Foo Fighters

Ministry

Butthole Surfers
- really great psychedelic rock band with a strange name

The Headstones

The Tragically Hip

Jeru The Damaja

A Tribe Called Quest

De La Soul

Maestro Fresh Wes

Saukrates

Choclair

Last edited by Kenster102.5; 04-07-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #49
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Cool. Not a guy, though

And yeah, I liked Live Through This and Hole in general in the 90's. That being said, Courtney Love is a dirty, dirty skank.
Very true, but damn she could wail back in the 90's. A lot of people give her shit for how after she hooked up with Kurt all of a sudden Hole's songs seemed to get a whole lot better. That may be true that Kurt ghost wrote some songs for her, but listen to Kurt's vocals before and after hooking up with Courtney. He totally copped her snarling wail.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #50
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Very true, but damn she could wail back in the 90's. A lot of people give her shit for how after she hooked up with Kurt all of a sudden Hole's songs seemed to get a whole lot better. That may be true that Kurt ghost wrote some songs for her, but listen to Kurt's vocals before and after hooking up with Courtney. He totally copped her snarling wail.

I think Courtney had some talent, "Doll Parts" is haunting. Im sure Kurt had alot to do with things too.