Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default No More Twinkies?

Hostess which makes Twinkies, HO HOs and Ding Dongs has filed chaper 11 bankruptcy and are trying restructuring to save the company. Will this mean no more twinkies?

BTW a different company in Canada (can not remember its name) has the rights to make Twinkies, HO HOs and Ding Dongs and is not in financial trouble. Maybe in the future if you need a Twinkie fix you may have to come to Canada to satisfy it.

I'm a Canadian.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hostess which makes Twinkies, HO HOs and Ding Dongs has filed chaper 11 bankruptcy and are trying restructuring to save the company. Will this mean no more twinkies?

BTW a different company in Canada (can not remember its name) has the rights to make Twinkies, HO HOs and Ding Dongs and is not in financial trouble. Maybe in the future if you need a Twinkie fix you may have to come to Canada to satisfy it.
This is the second time Hostess has filed for bankruptcy, the first time being in 2004. Legacy union pensions is the reason they are filing this time (though the Teamsters union is crying foul), and it could really be the end of what was once the largest bread company in the US. The Twinkies' shelf life could actually outlast the company that made it.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The thought of a world without Hostess Lemon Pies saddens me.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wouldn't sweat it. Chances are another company buys them out and sells the product under a different name.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Since the subject is Twinkies, can I ask you all a question? Has anyone here ever heard of and/or tried chocolate filled Twinkies. I swear I have eaten them and fell completely in love. Hubby swears he never bought them or heard of them. Well noone else brings me goodies, and I know the food fairy didn't drop them off. Anyone?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've never had a twinkie (they have beef fat in them) but i'd be sad that the Hostess outlet would be gone. I live in a very poor county and know lots of single moms who go to the outlet to get really cheaply priced bread and other products. We've gone there during hard monetary times too. I actually haven't had any of the Hostess sweets because they all say they may or may not have beef fat in them. But i like their light italian bread.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've had the chocolate filled Twinkies. After that, they were the only ones I'd eat.

I think the one allowed to sell Twinkies in Canada is Vachon... but it might be something else. Little Debbie? No?
I'm pretty darn sure it was Vachon... cuz they make just about all the pre-packaged pastries in Canada, lol.

If Hostess has to close from bankruptcy(sp), all the stoners will be sad.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
Since the subject is Twinkies, can I ask you all a question? Has anyone here ever heard of and/or tried chocolate filled Twinkies. I swear I have eaten them and fell completely in love. Hubby swears he never bought them or heard of them. Well noone else brings me goodies, and I know the food fairy didn't drop them off. Anyone?

They were a limited edition.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

My top 5 favorite Hostess products are:

5) Powdered Sugar Donettes
5) Twinkies (put 'em in the freezer!)
5) Lemon Pie
4) Ding Dongs
4) Chocodiles
4) Devil's Food Twinkies (limited edition)
3) Ho-Hos
3) Chocolate-dipped Vanilla Pudding Pie (not available, made in the 90s)
2) Chocolate-dipped Chocolate Pudding Pie (not available, made in the 90s)
1) Suzi-Qs

Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

They were a limited edition.
I KNEW I wasn't crazy. What the hell is wrong with them? They should have made them a permanent item and they wouldn't be dealing with this bankruptcy business. They were freaking incredible. Thanks for the picture.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I suspect that some other company will buy the brands. Even if the company is losing money, the brands still have value.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

As far as I know, I've never eaten a whole Hostess product. I did have a bite of a Twinkie once, but had no desire to finish it.

I don't get the appeal of baked goods with a super long shelf life
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
I don't get the appeal of baked goods with a super long shelf life
You are what you eat. Therefore, if you eat only Twinkies and Velveeta, you will be immortal.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Yes! Love them and the banana cream ones.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #15
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
You are what you eat. Therefore, if you eat only Twinkies and Velveeta, you will be immortal.

I can't argue with that! lol
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #16
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Yes! Love them and the banana cream ones.
WHAT?!? There are banana cream Twinkies? Are they around on a regular basis? I must have these.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
WHAT?!? There are banana cream Twinkies? Are they around on a regular basis? I must have these.
The original Twinkies, introduced in 1930, had banana cream filling. During WW II, bananas were rationed, so the banana cream filling was replaced by vanilla. According to Wikipedia, the banana-flavored ones are "not widely available", so I would guess they are around on an irregular basis. I strongly suspect they are not made from bananas any more, but that's just me being cynical.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #18
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's just a reorganization. Hostess, and Twinkies, aren't going anywhere.

At least that's what they said on the news here.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #19
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, here you go: http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/11/news...ptcy/index.htm "Twinkies will keep coming despite bankruptcy"

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Website claims to have regular, banana, chocolate and strawberry creme.

http://freshchocodiles.com/hostess/t...-twinkies.html

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-17-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:

I have never desired a Twinkie so much. or four.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #22
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
DA..dh brought a box home for me to try...ugh..so I froze one to see if that helped..nope. Oh well..I do however love frozen ding dongs or suzy-qs.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #23
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am certain Twinkies will survive. I never had one in my life, and I likely never will. To me, those preservative-filled little sugar bombs pretty much represent everything that's wrong with the food industry today.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Switch to Moon pies sooo yummy.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Strawberry? I've never seen that.

Honorable mention deep fried or chocolate covered twinkies. YUM
toni is offline   Reply With Quote