Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-27-2006, 03:57 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Do you have a weird food habit?

When I eat corn on the cob I like lots of butter - and it doesn't stay on the cob. Soooo....

I put a chunk in my mouth and then nibble nibble nibble the kernels off the cob, and eat it all together.

Also, I mentioned this before, but when I open a can of black olives and pour them into a storage container, I take a few sips of the brine. I love it!

Let's see if I can think of any others...

I often stir my ice cream till it melts. Then eat it.

I try to wait till ice cream sandwiches melt, but don't seem to be able to do it. No self control.

I am a terrible person at a buffet - I will inconsiderately take the stuff I like best (i.e. the crispy cheesy bits on the edges of a tray of baked ziti or mac and cheese.)

I will eat a bit of cream cheese by itself as I am spreading some on a bagel or something.

I am so sure there are lots more. But last night when I was popping butter in my mouth then eating the corn, I knew I had to 'fess up.

edited to add: I thought of something else. When I am eating something that comes in different colors, i.e. m&m's or jelly beans, etc, I will eat the colors that need to be eaten to end up with an even number. For example, if I have 5 blue, 6 red, 3 yellow, I will eat 2 blue and 3 red until I have 3 of each color. Then I will eat one of each color (starting with the one I like least) until they are gone.

Yes, I know. I am insane.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 06-27-2006 at 03:59 PM.
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

If I go somewhere and get a burger and fries, I have to eat the fries first. Even if that means the burger gets cold and I'm full from the fries.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

good idea on the corn cob, never thought about doing that

hmm. my weird eating habits.. I have been known to eat spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce while making lasagna

There are these canned veggie dogs by the company loma linda that i like to drink it's brine.. its almos tlike a broth.

I eat slices of american cheese for a snack (is that weird?)

I too love the crunchy skin on the top of a cheese baked food dish I take my sons off since he doesnt like it.

i dip my fries in ranch dressing
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

You think you are insane.....I have taken to dipping crunchy cheetos in Nutella. I also add Nutella to french vanilla ice cream and stir it till it melts...yum!
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #5
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ooh nutella on ice cream would be good.. i used to eat that stuff by the truckload on toast for breakfast when i ate breakfast
Old 06-27-2006, 04:05 PM   #6
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

We used to buy cheese-filled pretzels (those big dough-y things) on the train ride home from the city. I would peel off the pretzel in layers, eating each layer in succession as I peeled it. (This disturbed my husband greatly - and it's not such a pretty sight, I admit)

I do the same thing with Lean Pockets. I peel the layers of pastry before eating the filling.

Rollos + M&Ms are fabulous, when chewed together.

There's more.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY
We used to buy cheese-filled pretzels (those big dough-y things) on the train ride home from the city. I would peel off the pretzel in layers, eating each layer in succession as I peeled it. (This disturbed my husband greatly - and it's not such a pretty sight, I admit)

I do the same thing with Lean Pockets. I peel the layers of pastry before eating the filling.

Rollos + M&Ms are fabulous, when chewed together.

There's more.

I do that too - I like eating things one layer or component at a time. I am a notorious "deconstructor". That would have been a good thread!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #8
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan
...There are these canned veggie dogs by the company loma linda that i like to drink it's brine.. its almos tlike a broth...
You've reminded me that I will also sip gravy as tho it's soup, if it's good enough. I was doing it with the turkey gravy from Boston Market this week (yes, it is much improved lately).
Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

I used to eat undiluted Campbell's cream of celery soup, right out of the can, before I'd mix it into soup. This was before they changed it to the 'creamier' version (bastards!). It was just sooo damn good. Salty, lumpy goodness.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY
I used to eat undiluted Campbell's cream of celery soup, right out of the can, before I'd mix it into soup. This was before they changed it to the 'creamier' version (bastards!). It was just sooo damn good. Salty, lumpy goodness.

My roommate in college did that!! Cream of celery soup, yup.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #11
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As an aside, do you eat your corn-on-the-cob sideways, or around?

Also, you know about the water and butter trick, right?
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #12
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate holding an ice cream bar and will often toss it in a bowl, and eat the crunchy chocolate layer first. I also eat all the chocolate off a Kit Kat bar and then eat the rest.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
Shikamaru
Blurry

Shikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Bella
If I go somewhere and get a burger and fries, I have to eat the fries first. Even if that means the burger gets cold and I'm full from the fries.
Me too... Although rarely does my burger get cold... Ive been told that I eat fries so fast that people around me are afraid Im going to seriously hurt my fingers...

I also like hot sauce on Crisped Portuguese Sweetbread.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I eat M&Ms, I sort them by color, then eat the color with the smallest amount first, two at a time, going up in amounts until they're all gone.

When I go to Wendy's, I always get a small Frosty to go with my fries, and dip the fries in the frosty.

I always eat Reese's cups and Three Musketeers by nibbling the chocolate off first and then eating the middle part.

Don't know how weird this is, but....one of my very favorite meals is at someplace like IHOP...I get eggs over-medium with hash browns, and then mix the two together.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
I do that too - I like eating things one layer or component at a time. I am a notorious "deconstructor". That would have been a good thread!
I like to "deconstruct" cubes of jello by sucking them between my teeth.

Also, I like to chill a small can of mandarin oranges, eat the oranges, then drink the juice. Yum!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:35 PM   #16
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like to eat off all the chocolate from an ice cream bar, until I am left with the ice cream, in all its nakedness.same goes for certain candy bars.I like to eat all the chocolate off the sides and belly of a Snickers bar, then eat the beige stuff..THEN really enjoy the caramel and nuts and chocolate hat.

If I am at home(NEVER in a restaurant, or at a friends house..I swear!),I will sometimes eat spaghetti noodles one by one with my fingers..and..ummm...now and then I will get a long one and let it go down my throat while holding the end of it...then pull it out..LOL( holy hell, even I know that sounds ..well..how it sounds).I started doing it around my roomie/ex.I enjoyed the reaction I got. It really tickles..try it

When I was a kid, I loved to put a saucer on the floor and fill it with milk..pop..water..juice..and get on all fours and lap it up like a kitten.

Oh, and I like to lick my right thumb and index finger..roll cheetos between them(puffy kind..smoother)..eat each cheeto after I have done that..thenscrape the built up 'cheese' off my digits.

I feel as if some have changed seats to get away from me.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Little Debbie Swiss Rolls- peel off the chocolate and eat. unroll the cake and lick off the cream. eat the cake.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #18
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate
I like to eat off all the chocolate from an ice cream bar, until I am left with the ice cream, in all its nakedness.same goes for certain candy bars.I like to eat all the chocolate off the sides and belly of a Snickers bar, then eat the beige stuff..THEN really enjoy the caramel and nuts and chocolate hat....
ME TOO!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #19
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Little Debbie Swiss Rolls- peel off the chocolate and eat. unroll the cake and lick off the cream. eat the cake.
I do that too!

Also, if I have a grilled cheese that's made with rubbery american cheese, I'll eat the toasted breading off the outside and then roll the little piece of cheese into a ball and eat that separately. Since I haven't ordered a grilled cheese in a restaurant in eons, it's been a long time since I've done this. Growing up it was a pretty regular thing.

Another thing -- with candy wrappers or pretty much any plastic food bag, from chips for instance, I will fold it lengthwise a couple of time and then tie it in a knot before throwing it away. Don't ask me why!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #20
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
...Another thing -- with candy wrappers or pretty much any plastic food bag, from chips for instance, I will fold it lengthwise a couple of time and then tie it in a knot before throwing it away. Don't ask me why!
But...but...but....I really want to know why!!! Wah!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:52 PM   #21
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Phish Food ice cream: I eat all the marshmallow and caramel 'veins', and give the ice cream to Emple.

Caramello chocolate bars (my absolute favorite): I bite little holes on either side of the squares, suck out the caramel, then eat the chocolate. Bliss.

With some chocolate bars, I find they're tastier if they're slightly melty. I've been known to place the still-wrapped bar between warm body parts (I ain't telling which ones, but get your filthy minds away from those ones) for just-the-right meltiness.

I absolutely cannot have metal utensils used in aluminum/tin containers. And if this happens unbeknownst to me, I can taste the aluminum on the fork/spoon. It's like chewing frozen tinfoil, and drives me right up a tree. I eat way too many meals with plastic spoons, for this very reason.

I curse and applaud this thread at the same time. I get to unload all my freaky habits, but then they're also there for everyone else to see.

Don't look upon me!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #22
Shikamaru
Blurry

Shikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShikamaru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Another thing -- with candy wrappers or pretty much any plastic food bag, from chips for instance, I will fold it lengthwise a couple of time and then tie it in a knot before throwing it away. Don't ask me why!
Well, I do this sometimes.... But I noticed, particularly around Halloween, that If I have multitudes of wrappers, I tend to only do it to the last one.

Oh and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, I tend to make them into a thin Crescent Moon kinda shape when I eat them... Because I like trying to get all the PB out in one shot.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #23
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh where to start...

I get my eggs over easy, with hashbrows (or grits!) and mix the two with a few dashes of tabasco. (even better with a steak alongside)

After dumping a bottle of spaghetti sauce into a pan to heat, I'll get an extra long "sundae" spoon, and get the sauce left over in the jar.

After putting sour cream into a recipe, I'll lick the spoon.. or finish off the rest of the sour cream. Ditto Cream Cheese. Ditto Cottage cheese. Ditto.. well lots of stuff.

I'll deconstruct a cinnamon roll, unrolling and biting as I go.

I chew ice cream.

I prep my corn-on-the-cob with sugar and a little lemon juice in the pot. And for years, I'll eat it plain. No butter. But then I went to a Cinco de Mayo a couple years back and had a cob of corn Mexican-Style: Corn, in a paper boat.. a schmear of butter, a schmear of mayo, a generous dash of chili powder, and a wedge of lime. Oh My.

Oh, and I eat my corn round, round, round, round, spiraling from end to end.

I love Campbell's Tomato soup straight from the can. Cold.

Smoked Kippers, straight from the can, for a few generous dashes of Cholula.

Re-heated spaghetti, doused with Heinz Ketchup.

Fried Raman noodles (boil until soft, drain, add 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup soy sauce, and fry in a non-stick skillet)

Sauerkraut and mustard. Maybe with a hot dog.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 AM   #24
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am amazed there are so many desconstructors here! I thought I was a mutant or something. I take everything I eat apart. Any sandwich, a fish stick, ice cream bars, candy bars, pastries, cake and frosting, fried chicken, m&m's - anything that has more than one part, I take it apart. Pot pies and cobblers I separate all the crust and eat the filling and eat each alone. I also eat all of one thing before moving on to the next.

With sandwiches, I take normal sandwiches apart but make sandwiches out of things that shouldn't be. Like cold spaghetti or mac n' cheese on white bread. Cream cheese and sugar sandwiches on sunflower bread.

I sneak into the kitchen and put the caramelized bbq sauce left in the pan on a biscuit.

I suck on boullion cubes.

And apparently I like things cooked a little browner than normal. I like thed edges on things in the oven or my Eggo cooked until they are dark brown.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 AM   #25
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Raw corn on the cob.

I am also the queen of condiment snackers. I've been known to eat hot sauce, bbq sauce, salad dressing and tomato sauce straight from the jar.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote