Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I saw a sticker on a truck parked behind a firehouse that said something to the effect of "My truck tires are so big because fat girls can't jump." Not only did it piss me off for the reasons mentioned in this thread, it pissed me off because it was on the truck of a guy who is invested in keeping us safe, and if he has this kind of attitude, would he be as diligent in saving my life in a fire as he would for people he didn't seek to dehumanize. Plus, this was in DC, and DC fire and rescue has a record for being insensitive to those they deem 'less than;' an insensitivity that has allowed people to die.

What I do to reclaim my own humanity when I see those sorts of stickers (this also works on those tacky 'Calvin peeing' window decals) is to remind myself that these stickers are simply warning the populance that the car owners are immature, ignorant, and insecure, so that we can all stay clear of them. Think of these stickers as a public service announcement about douchebags.
I totally agree. We actually should be grateful for the heads-up!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #27
Lizzie

Lizzie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLizzie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAshley View Post
There are a lot of shirts and stickers I see that are just degrading to women in general, like 'I have a dick so I make the rules.'
I was really hoping that was just an example, and didn't actually exist in real life. A quick Google search shows my hope was in vain. "I have a dick so I make the rules"??!!
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #28
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

Maybe hes just pissed he cant get laid, even by us fat chick because were oh so despirate..*sarcasm about the despirate part*
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #29
prplecat

prplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot pics

Can you imagine the reactions if a woman had a bumper sticker that said "No short dicks"?
prplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #30
Lizzie

Lizzie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLizzie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by prplecat View Post
Can you imagine the reactions if a woman had a bumper sticker that said "No short dicks"?
I am so tempted...just to see the reaction.
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Ahh, but you know the old joke, right? Women are bad at math because men keep telling them that this |-------------------------------------| is 8 inches.

[Actually, I don't think women are bad at math, but I've had the men who lied about both height and length. I'm wondering how they didn't think I'd find out if things progressed they way they wanted, which was the reason for the lie in the first place. ]
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
Nessie0812

Nessie0812 can now change their title

How bothered I am tend to depend on mood that day. There have been times when I've laughed and gone, "Like I'd want to ride a guy with that as his ride?" Then there have been other days when I've been disgusted; these times however are more at the fact that women in general can be treated this way, just not me personally.
Bumper stickers like that just don't have a rhythm or reason. Who knows, maybe its from the jerk who owned the car before?
Nessie0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #33
PrettyOne1

PrettyOne1 can now change their title

Ugh..I remember I went to a battery shop to get a new battery for my car and a truck was parked in the employee parking lot with a "no fat chicks" sticker on it. I didn't know which guy it was, there were 3 different ones working there. I know I kept kinda looking like "which one is the fatty hater? Is it this guy helping me?" Dickheads. Way to alienate customers too. :-/
PrettyOne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #34
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyOne1 View Post
Ugh..I remember I went to a battery shop to get a new battery for my car and a truck was parked in the employee parking lot with a "no fat chicks" sticker on it.
You're in Washington... This wouldn't be near the Kent/Auburnish area would it??? I know a jackass who had a low rider truck with a "No Fat Chicks" sticker, and another that said, "Fat Chicks Make My Tail Drag"...

Ironic thing... this fucker was about 380 himself. Short fat guy.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #35
PrettyOne1

PrettyOne1 can now change their title

OMG what an ass! lol and no, it was when I was living in Oregon still haha but now I know to keep an eye out in Kent/Auburn :P
PrettyOne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
bbwfairygirl

bbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwfairygirl can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
lolololol...

When reading most of the posts mentioning that many of the stickers were on "trucks"...the whole "compensating" for something else thought came to mind
bbwfairygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #37
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

lol!!! love that ^^^^^
Old 01-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #38
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This afternoon, I saw an " I (heart) fat girls" sticker on a motorscooter.

Perhaps that whole compensation thing works in the other direction too...
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #39
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep

I've always wanted a sticker that says "Fat's where it's at" ...

I've seen a few of the stickers that take a jab at fat girls ... Like the "fat girls can't jump" ... Little did they know I grew up driving big trucks. This fatty knows how to get up in a rig!! lol

And the "No Fat Chicks" ... I knew someone who had this one their truck. I was friends with his sister, who was fat, as was his mother! Bet they were proud!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #40
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

Those stickers are awful! It is like being fat is the last prejudice where certain people believe, stupidly, it is OK to voice a disapproving opinion when they should keep their opinions to themselves! We would never do this in regards to race, sexism, sexuality, religion etc but someone somewhere thinks it's acceptable to air a sh*tty and incorrect opinion to try to make another innocent human being feel bad about themselves. These people are toxic but heaven forbid someone should target the "soft spot" they have... It's all tiaras and tantrums on the other foot.

These people are blind to the beauty in everyone and that is their loss NOT ours xXx