Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs down Fat Chef

Has anyone watched this show? Do we really need Food Network broadcasting fat shame? "Lose weight or Die", really???
Fat Chef
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Haven't seen it, don't need to see it, don't want to see it, don't plan to see it. Just. No. I will continue to watch Paula Deen gleefully pour butter over everything as she eye humps the camera.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The promos piss me off...in fact Food Network pisses me off. I feel like they've jumped the shark and all of their prime time programming is lame. I mean..Celebrity cook off? COME ON!

I watch more of the Cooking Channel now..or just record the cooking shows that I love and don't even bother watching it anymore.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have been watching Chopped more than anything.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #5
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I have been watching Chopped more than anything.
I watch Chopped marathons all the time and never get bored. WHAT'S IN THE BASKET?
Also, that freaking Aarón Sanchez.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
I watch Chopped marathons all the time and never get bored. WHAT'S IN THE BASKET?
I love the looks that Alex Gurnishelli (sp?) gives the chefs when she tastes their food for the first time. It's like she's cutting into their soul. It's almost cringe worthy. I hold my breath each time!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
I love the looks that Alex Gurnishelli (sp?) gives the chefs when she tastes their food for the first time. It's like she's cutting into their soul. It's almost cringe worthy. I hold my breath each time!
Agreed, I like her a lot too. Give me some Marcus Samuelsson and we're in for an excellent episode.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #8
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
The promos piss me off...in fact Food Network pisses me off. I feel like they've jumped the shark and all of their prime time programming is lame. I mean..Celebrity cook off? COME ON
I know! The two most annoying people on the network get to face off. UGH!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't watch Food Network. I read cook books instead.

Although, I do have some DVDs of Julia Child's old show. I enjoyed watching them.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #10
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Has anyone watched this show? Do we really need Food Network broadcasting fat shame? "Lose weight or Die", really???
Fat Chef
Not gonna watch it. My blood pressure is fine, no need to raise it watching crap like that.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
Chopped is good entertainment. I also learn something new with nearly every episode. All those obscure ingredients.

PS: Anyone serving pasta to Scott Conant better know their stuff. Badly cooked pasta is one of his rage triggers. It's fun to watch him go off about it.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't trust no skinny cooks. If ya ain't fat, then you're screwing the pooch somehow. Jus' sayin'.

- Jim
Old 01-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
toni
In the know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
PS: Anyone serving pasta to Scott Conant better know their stuff. Badly cooked pasta is one of his rage triggers. It's fun to watch him go off about it.
It is true! I was annoyed with him for a long time because he chopped a local chef from a restaurant I love for doing just that. I started liking him much more since watching the repeats over the last few weeks. I LOVE when the judges disagree and start throwing little backhanded comments at each other. Cracks me up!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Chopped!!!! Scott Conant can come and cook pasta in my kitchen a.n.y.t.i.m.e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No raw onions for him either! He's yummy...er, his food is yummy...

RE FAT CHEF:

A few weeks ago, I wrote the following note to the Food Network in their Contact Us section of their website. I get so pissed off when I see the ads for their new show, Fat Chef.

Hello,

I would like to tell you how much I enjoyed The Big Waste that aired yesterday, 1/8/12. This was an excellent show that I hope you film and air again, perhaps on a quarte...rly basis? The Big Waste was quality programming at its best!

On the other hand, the advertisements for your new show, Fat Chef, are quite disturbing. I do not turn to the Food Network for more of the societal BS that berates, demonizes, ridicules and belittles fat people. I do not wish to watch people in their weight loss efforts on a cooking show! I am, quite frankly, dismayed that the Food Network would fall to this basal level of programming. You do not need it, and neither do we, your loyal viewers. I must say that if this becomes a trend in your programming, you will most assuredly lose me as a viewer.

Please rethink this line of programming. Thank you for your consideration,

Laura
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #15
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hate seeing the promos for it. They're so groomed to be/show just one thing, one POV about size. Fuck em.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote