Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
NOLAman

NOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default undecided about gaining

I posted on the BHM/FFA board before, but on second thought, this is probably the better place.

As a 52 year old widower, I married a beautiful woman last year who has encouraged(or at least not discouraged) me to gain. She is a wonderful italian cook and has commented on how skinny I was since we started dating.
Well, 8 months of marriage have in fact made a difference. I was about 6'0" and 180lbs or so, and am now almost 200. I was muscular but considered myself lean until recently trying on a pair of pants I hadn't worn in a while, with the results seen in the pic here.

http://web.me.com/amarillowave/Site/Photos.html

My question is now what? Do i go with it and possibly gain more? I love my wife's cooking, and she seems to love my softer belly, so that's good. I can even fantasize a bit about gaining. I've just never really been fat. This is the most I've ever weighed. It's as if I'm at a turning point now. Pull back now, or gain more? I've read here and elsewhere that weight gain seems to accelerate once you get to a certain point, and I would guess would be very difficult go back once you're beyond that point. Anyone with similar experiences? thoughts?
NOLAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Azrael

Azrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot picsAzrael does more than just post hot pics

My point is pretty simple, you should not have to change yourself to please your wife.

Do what you think you will enjoy and what you think will be most beneficial to you.

I honestly do not believe you should ever be doing something like this to please someone else it should be for yourself, since it is your body.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAman View Post
I posted on the BHM/FFA board before, but on second thought, this is probably the better place.

As a 52 year old widower, I married a beautiful woman last year who has encouraged(or at least not discouraged) me to gain. She is a wonderful italian cook and has commented on how skinny I was since we started dating.
Well, 8 months of marriage have in fact made a difference. I was about 6'0" and 180lbs or so, and am now almost 200. I was muscular but considered myself lean until recently trying on a pair of pants I hadn't worn in a while, with the results seen in the pic here.

http://web.me.com/amarillowave/Site/Photos.html

My question is now what? Do i go with it and possibly gain more? I love my wife's cooking, and she seems to love my softer belly, so that's good. I can even fantasize a bit about gaining. I've just never really been fat. This is the most I've ever weighed. It's as if I'm at a turning point now. Pull back now, or gain more? I've read here and elsewhere that weight gain seems to accelerate once you get to a certain point, and I would guess would be very difficult go back once you're beyond that point. Anyone with similar experiences? thoughts?
Any man will put on weight in the first year of marriage if their wife knows how to cook tasty meals.
You're at a good weight and your little belly pic looks very nice, so just toss those old jeans and get a pair that's a comfortable fit.
You're a lucky man, just make sure you stay active.
I sure hope I didn't break a rule by saying you're at "a good weight", I just meant that you look good.

Last edited by Marlayna; 01-28-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: I don't want to offend anyone or break a rule.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
NOLAman

NOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNOLAman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thanks guys. good points. No doubt many people gain weight after they get married, and so far i've basically enjoyed it. But that's after only about 20 lbs. I'm pretty comfortable with myself. I can't really do crunches anymore like I used to, but I don't seem to miss them.

Will it be different if I were 250? 300? hard to tell.
NOLAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
skizz

skizz can now change their title

I say gain as much as you can. You'll enjoy it.
skizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #6
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

Not sure if the original poster is still around but good last comment below.

I mean if the original poster likes weight gain...being on this board and all I would imagine his gain would be a refreshing happy surprise. Also if his new wife likes it why not go for a another 10,20 or even way more. Try reading your new wife with the extra weight and have some fun.

Keep gaining until you don't want to anymore. But definitely it might be a bit tough to slow down on all the big fattening meals and all the snacks and treats you get used to....I have gone down the path a few times and getting under 230 lbs. Is almost impossible for me these days and transversely getting climbing back up the scale is pretty easy.
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote