Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
pegz
Southern Illinois Chick

pegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticed
Default Podcast Suggestions

Does anyone have any podcast suggestions? I listen to a variety of things...comedy, newsworthy and nerdy. Would love some new suggestions.
I currently listen to:

Savage Love Podcast
The Nerdist
The Dinner Party
TED Talks
Here's The Thing
and a variety of NPR shows
pegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
lizzie_lotr

lizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot pics

Coast to Coast AM, with George Noory. It's a fun show to listen to!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
lizzie_lotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The WEEI Whiner Line, my favorite
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler
Real Time With Bill Maher (if you do not already watch the show on HBO)
SModcast
WTF with Marc Maron
Christopher Titus
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
pegz
Southern Illinois Chick

pegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticedpegz never has a post go unnoticed

Thanks all... I'll check those out!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
miafantastic

miafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa View Post
Love Aisha. Will check that out.

Podcasts and music are how I survive the 9-to-5. I'm gonna namecheck these for ya:
  • Slate's Culture Gabfest (a weekly pop culture round-up)
  • Slate's Double X Podcasts (like the above, but with a crew of women who focus on woman-centered news items, etc. )
  • PRI: To the Best of Our Knowledge (a FAVE; vast array of subject matters/inquiries; recent/favorite casts: Are Humans Innately Good?, How to Disappear Completely, The Responsibility of Intellectuals, Here There Be Monsters, Hive Mind)
  • The How Stuff Works series (esp. Stuff to Blow Your Mind)
  • Sex Nerd Sandra (kind of new, but so far, so good)
  • Filmspotting (movie reviews by a couple of guys who are equal parts passion and knowledge when it comes to flix)
miafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Radiolab. I can't express my love for this show enough.
This American Life.
The Moth.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love Kevin Smith, along with Smod Cast, if you want to listen to people make fun of recent hollywood news check out Hollywood Babble-On, if you want to here raunchy humor of the regular daily nature and you enjoy kevin Smith, listen to Jay and Silent Get Old
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miafantastic View Post

Podcasts and music are how I survive the 9-to-5. I'm gonna namecheck these for ya:

I hear you. My iPod gets a good workout bouncing between music and podcasts daily. I think you will like Aisha's show. She is hilarious and a good interviewer. I need to download her app because there are supposed to be lots of extras on it including podcasts not yet available to the general public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I love Kevin Smith, along with Smod Cast, if you want to listen to people make fun of recent hollywood news check out Hollywood Babble-On, if you want to here raunchy humor of the regular daily nature and you enjoy kevin Smith, listen to Jay and Silent Get Old
I am a total fan of Kevin's and the whole SMod universe.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #10
pegz
Southern Illinois Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I listened to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old for awhile. Jay got on my last nerve but I LOVE KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Radiolab. I can't express my love for this show enough.
This American Life.
The Moth.
This American Life is a fav of mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miafantastic View Post

Podcasts and music are how I survive the 9-to-5. I'm gonna namecheck these for ya:[/LIST]
I'm with ya on the surviving the 9 to 5... gotta have my podcasts and music!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
None
Enemy of Office Furniture

None never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticedNone never has a post go unnoticed

The Pod F. Tompkast is the best podcast right now.
The Dead Authors Podcast
Comedy Bang Bang
Superego
Doug Loves Movies
My Brother, My Brother and Me
Bullseye
How Did This Get Made?
Who Charted?
Stop Podcasting Yourself
Judge John Hodgman
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #12
pegz
Southern Illinois Chick

Default Podcast update

I've added a few suggestions from posters:

Sex Nerd Sandra
Slates Double X

I'm loving all three. I plan on checking out a few more suggestions this weekend to add to my ipod. Just makes the day go better/faster/smoother when I have something witty and informative to listen to.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

I love This American Life. If you like them on Facebook, sometimes they'll post updates to their stories that are really cool. Just today there was one about a NY cop who tried to expose corruption and ended up getting committed by the police.
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1.The Joe Rogan Experience
2.My Wife Hates Me
Old 03-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #15
miafantastic

miafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 clubmiafantastic is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie_lotr View Post

YES. Totally didn't recognize the show in your post when I first read the thread, but just read it again and it connected. I used to work a graveyard shift once upon a time, and I'd get major kicks listening to that show during the witching hour. So enchantingly esoteric. Loved the way it'd slide back and forth between get outta here freakazoidish to genuinely enlightening. Happy I can get the podcast, and I def recommend it to fans of fringe/outlier/etc anything.
miafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #16
flyingsolo101

flyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by None View Post
The Pod F. Tompkast is the best podcast right now.
The Dead Authors Podcast
Comedy Bang Bang
Superego
Doug Loves Movies
My Brother, My Brother and Me
Bullseye
How Did This Get Made?
Who Charted?
Stop Podcasting Yourself
Judge John Hodgman
Buddy, you couldn't be more right about the Pod F. Tompkast! And forgive me if I don't use the "quote" thing correctly. I've been on here for a while, but haven't posted often. Ones that I listen to include that of the above (most, anyways), and:

Comedy Film Nerds
Dining with Doug and Karen
Harmontown
Kevin Pollak's Chat Show
Professor Blastoff
The Dana Gould Hour
The Smartest Man in the World
Walking the Room
You Made it Weird with Pete Holmes
flyingsolo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #17
flyingsolo101

flyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot pics

Okay, maybe not most, but five, or so.
flyingsolo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie_lotr View Post

I can't figure out how to get C2C as a podcast.

I usually listen to Darkness Radio.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
CPProp
Clockwork - wind me up

CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CPProp has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

BBC Radio 2 Drive Time confessions some are hilarious
Old 12-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Lost in the Static on Jackalope Radio is always a hoot to listen to. The rapport between the two hosts is wonderful.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote