Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default February 2012 Iron Foodee Challenge

It's the month of love, cupid, candy hearts and romance, and let's be honest is there anything more romantic or sexy than chocolate?

Dark chocolate,white chocolate,milk chocolate...... Chocolate bars,chocolate chip cookies,chocolate pie,chocolate dipped fruit,truffles,bon bon's, etc etc,it's all pretty amazing.

So, my Iron Foodee challengers, get your cacao and your coco and double boil to impress!

Allez Cuisine!!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Contrats, Mishty!
I'm adding 'The List' of past challenges. I hope you don't mind.

I'm a chocolate kinda gal so this is right up my alley. I'll be adding my recipe soon.

Past Challenge List
Dec - Oranges

Jan - Cream Cheese
Feb - Soda pop
Mar - Recipes containing a can of soup
Apr – Shrimp
May – Eggs
Jun – Liquor
Jul - Pasta/couscous etc Salads
Aug – Zucchini
Sep - Quick breads / Muffins
Oct – Cheese
Nov – Cranberries
Dec - Fudge

Jan - Slow Cooker Recipe
Feb – Potatoes
Mar - Garlic and Mushrooms
Apr – Chicken
May – Lemons
Jun - 30 min Hot Weather Recipes
Jul - Preserves - Jams, Chutneys, Relishes etc
Aug – Coffee
Sep - Tofu / Cottage Cheese
October – Pumpkin
November - Sweet Potatoes/Yams
December - Mint

January – Soup
February – Pork
March-Mexican Food
April – Cereal
May- Berries
June-Yogurt
July – Corn
August – Asian
September - Breakfast foods
October – Nuts
November – Onions
December - Meat in Casings

January - Side Salads
February – Spinach
March – Beans
April-hot sandwiches
May-Soy Sauce
June – cookies
July - Sour Cream
August - (Summer Break)
Sept - BBQ Foods.
October - Southern cuisine
November - Peanut butter
December-"Packaged Food"

January – rice
February – chocolate
March - Irish food
April - Butter
May- Flour
June-Father's Day Recipes
July-Mayo/Miracle Whip
August-jalapenos
September - Apples
October - candy
November-Root Vegetables
December - Heavy Whipping Cream

January - Cakes
February - chocolate
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We did that last February too, but I don't think we can ever have too much chocolate
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
Frankhw
BBW Betty's HD Teddy Bear

Frankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this board

a simple recipe

Decadent Trail Mix

8 oz white raisins
8 oz craisins
8 oz peanuts
8 oz cashews
8 oz almonds
8 oz white chocolate chips
8 oz chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet or dark)
8 oz butterscotch, peanut butter, cherry or raspberry chips (pick one, or more your choice )

Mix together dry in large 6-8 quart/liter mixing bowl enjoy.

(The first time I tried making it I used a 5 quart ice cream pail. It didn't fit )
Old 02-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Homemade Thin Mint Cookies

1 bag of andes mint pieces *the ones you find on the baking aisle*

1-2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers

Melt Andes pieces in a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. When chocolate is melted and smooth, dip crackers and remove with a fork. Tap fork against side of bowl. Transfer cracker to waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate sets.

**not my pic but it lets you know what they look like**
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ingredients:
BROWNIE:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour

COOKIE DOUGH (EGG FREE!):
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup semisweet chips + 1 teaspoon shortening for drizzle, optional

Directions:
1. Prepare the brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray. In a medium glass bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds; stir after each burst and remove from microwave when melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix in melted chocolate. Blend in flour and mix just until combined (don't over-mix). Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely and remove from oven when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.

2. Prepare the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate until the dough is quite firm. It's okay to speed up the process and place it in the freezer too. The firmer the dough, the easier it will be to cut into neat squares. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies. You may need to wipe the knife off with a paper towel in between cuts since the fudgy brownies and cookie dough will tend to stick to the knife a bit. These brownies are best to serve placed inside cupcake papers and served with a fork.

4. If you'd like to add chocolate drizzle on top, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave; stir until smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate into a zip baggie and snip off the corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate on top of each brownie. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top, if desired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Brownies-3.jpg (96.9 KB, 151 views)
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I so wish I baked...the most I do is bread in the bread machine once in a while. :/
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #8
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I so wish I baked...the most I do is bread in the bread machine once in a while. :/
Candy is dandy!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I meant to post this recipe right after my first post and now it is nearly the end of the month! I'm glad I remembered because this is one of my favorite recipes. I make it nearly every holiday or gathering lol.

Chocolate Passion Bowl
3 cups cold milk
2 packages (4 serving size each) Jell-O chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
1 tub (8 ounces) Cool Whip French Vanilla whipped topping thawed and divided
1 baked (9-inch-square) brownie layer, cooled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 1/2 cups)
1 pint (2 cups) raspberries

Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.

Place half of the brownie cubes in 2-quart serving bowl; top with half each of the pudding mixture, raspberries, and the remaining whipped topping. Repeat all layers

Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hopefully this isn't past the deadline...

But I found a recipe in an cookbook I picked up at a tag sale over the summer. I modified it a bit since it originally had nuts and those don't agree with me all that much, but dammit, I do like s'mores (in case you couldn't tell).

My take on this is still very much a work in progress, but this recipe is easily customizable and pretty damn tasty.

Chocolate Marshmallow Slices

Ingredients:
2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter or margarine
10 1/2 ounce package of mini-marshmallows (you won't use all of them unless you want to)

That's the basics. The books' recipe calls for 1 cup finely chopped nuts, plus additional nuts for the outside; I used graham crumbs. This part is where your creativity and taste come in, because you can mix in whatever you want, and if you want to add stuff on the outside you can do that too. A couple ideas in the house were crushed up Oreos or M&M's. Really, it's up to you, so long as it's approximately 1 cup mixed in.

Directions:

In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and the butter, stirring constantly until blended and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the marshmallows (as much as you think would be good; I used about 2/3 of the bag and it turned out nicely) and your mix-in of choice, but don't melt the marshmallows.

On wax paper, shape the mixture into a roll (or two smaller ones if you want). Wrap it in the wax paper and then wrap that in foil; chill it for 15 minutes. If you've got something to add to the outside, take it out and roll it in that, then wrap it back up and chill it again.

Let it chill overnight or for six hours or so. Cut it into slices. Eat, enjoy.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDeeZyre View Post
[snip]
GOOD LORD! *foodgasm*
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

poll pls??