Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
bellyfan123123

bellyfan123123 has said some nice things
Default The Pregnancy Inconsistency

Something that I've wondered for a long time: How did pregnant bellies get to be cool and somehow leave fat bellies in the dust?

Over the past several decades, public perception towards pregnant women has undergone a 180 degree change. No longer are they forced to hide their growing bellies behind baggy tent dresses, and rightly so! Even though there are still more than enough men who lack the good sense of taste to appreciate the pregnant form, society in general celebrates it, if not in a sexual way, then at least for its transcendent beauty.

Conversely, "mainstream society" still treats women with fat bellies (and butts and legs and everything else) just as badly as ever. First of all, the irony of extra poundage being a common byproduct of the childbearing experience seems to have gotten totally lost somewhere. And still, magazines will show pregnant celebrities in bikinis and call them cute, but chide the same woman if she shows an inch of pooch unrelated to procreation.

What I want to know is, why can this be on a magazine cover, but not this?

I realize I'm perhaps in the minority being sexually attracted to both, but why can't the latter be seen as "beautiful" as the former?
bellyfan123123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pregnant women are given a pass to have a belly temporarily for the purposes of reproducing, they just have to be good and lose any baby weight as fast as possible. It would be counterproductive to the fat haters if they dumped on pregnant women also, hating on such an essential part of life would cause more people to see through the bullshit. They have to accept baby bellies to get to oppress the other kinds.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
Pregnant women are given a pass to have a belly temporarily for the purposes of reproducing, they just have to be good and lose any baby weight as fast as possible. It would be counterproductive to the fat haters if they dumped on pregnant women also, hating on such an essential part of life would cause more people to see through the bullshit. They have to accept baby bellies to get to oppress the other kinds.
Exactly right. The double standard is required to focus the hate on the intended target. I once heard someone say, "There are only two times in a woman's life when she's allowed to be anything but stick-thin: when she's a baby, and when she's carrying a baby."
Old 02-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

To me, pregnancy reveals another obvious inconsistency in the cultural "war against fat" (or "war against fat people", as I prefer to call it). Most men will tell you that a woman looks sexier when she's pregnant. I'm not talking about the pregnancy fetishists, and I don't believe that it's all due to the "she's having my baby" feeling. Men know what they like. I think the average Joe really sees the softer features of a chubbier face, rounder hips, etc., as being more feminine and hence, sexier. This is just more evidence that society's rail-thin standards of "beauty" are primarily for the benefit of the diet industry and have nothing to do with "what men want".
Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Exactly right. The double standard is required to focus the hate on the intended target. I once heard someone say, "There are only two times in a woman's life when she's allowed to be anything but stick-thin: when she's a baby, and when she's carrying a baby."
That's sad. Just another symptom of people not being allowed to enjoy their own bodies.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman View Post
Depends on the culture and civilization; in other parts of the world and the country there is a flip-side, where a woman is not truly 'womanly' unless she resembles Venus of Willendorf (fertility goddess).

From a sociological standpoint there is a correlation between the masses and what is beautiful, knowing everyone cannot be considered 'beautiful'; hence in the parts of the USA where food and sedentary lifestyles are available to most, the rail-thin Calvin Klein models are the perceived conception of beauty.
In other cultures and civilizations where only the rich can afford food and a sedentary lifestyle, those with added fat are the perceived conception of beauty.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
ChubbyBlackSista
Master Member

ChubbyBlackSista can now change their title

The magazine with Demi Moore on the cover she was just posing her pregnant belly she was proud of it

But the other picture I just don't think they'd think it was sexy enough these aren't my words but that is just the business
ChubbyBlackSista is offline   Reply With Quote