Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Papa Murphy's

Though I see their ads and commercials all the time all the time, I never had a Papa Murphy's pizza. Well, I finally did. Their "HeartBaker" heart-shaped pizza and commercial is just so cute that I couldn't resist. So I went and got one. And a Cinnamon Wheel.

I didn't have high expectations for the pizza. I figured perhaps a bit better than those funky supermarket freezer pizzas, but no more.

I was wrong. IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD!

And what an awesome deal. $7 for the rather large heart-shaped pizza, $3.5 for the also quite large (and excellent) cinnamon wheel. Consider me converted.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I guess I'm going to have to try them. I've never had Papa Murphy's either, I just saw the commercial tonight (seriously, like 10 mins. before this was posted, and that really is an adorable pizza.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Can't Beat 'Em!

We've been enjoying them for over 2 years in Lebanon, Tn. Taste wise, they remind me of the the other papa, but at half the price. Win/win!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was extremely disappointed when our local one closed. Hope you enjoy!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

All 3 of the PM stuffed pizzas are great but bring your appetite! My fave is the Chicago-Style Stuffed with Chicken Bacon Stuffed a close 2nd.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default This Just In...

This just in...the oven, that is! Mom picked one up and it's about to go in.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Damn it, I want a heart shapped pizza.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Alicia33
Southern Belle

Alicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
We've been enjoying them for over 2 years in Lebanon, Tn. Taste wise, they remind me of the the other papa, but at half the price. Win/win!
I didn't know there was a Papa John's in Lebanon, we always go to Cici's (love me some Cici's pizza)

"Ain't nothin' wrong with lovin' chunky"
Alicia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Papa Murphy's is wonderful! Their white garlic sauce is without equal. Get some. You know you want it.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Just had some Papa's last night. It's great!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
All 3 of the PM stuffed pizzas are great but bring your appetite! My fave is the Chicago-Style Stuffed with Chicken Bacon Stuffed a close 2nd.

Yes!, The Chicago Stuffed is great!!!

Fresno has many faults but it does have three Papa Murphy's.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia33 View Post
I didn't know there was a Papa John's in Lebanon, we always go to Cici's (love me some Cici's pizza)
It's in that West-sumpin'uther plaza off West Main, the one with Kroger, The Shack, and Bank of America.

Papa Murphy-bake it yourself, Papa John's(also on west main)-pick up or delivery.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Our closest is 2 hours away. Dagnabbit.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Their garlic chicken - or chicken garlic, or whatever it's called - is REALLY good, if you like white sauce. It's my usual birthday dinner, actually... I love their white sauce.
seavixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #15
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We had it for lunch today..first time for me and I thought it was ok...tasted like a frozen Digornio or whatever.

It was cute though.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #16
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

The closest to me is 3 hours away in MD. Since I'm not really a pizza fan, I don't think I'll be going anytime soon. If my travels take me there, I'd try it.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's not Papa Murphy's but it is heart shaped...yay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PIZZA.jpg (34.8 KB, 160 views)
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #18
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Never tried Murphy's but always wondered were they just like Papa John's...
Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Very Close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
Never tried Murphy's but always wondered were they just like Papa John's...
Very close, but half-the-price, if you're willing to take n bake!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
MeltzNyoMouf

MeltzNyoMouf has said some nice things
Default oh yeh

papa murphys is pretty good

try the cookie dough..i get their salads too!
MeltzNyoMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

We used to get Papa Johns but last time the order was wrong and all we ordered was a large pizza and wings...took over 1 1/2 hours to get here $$ was over $30.00..not worth it!

Papa Murphy's is a totally different matter! They have a special on Tues ..any pizza for $10.00..what a deal. We usually get the family sized for an xtra $2.00, the thin crust, pepperoni, salami, sausage, mushrooms, onions, black olives and with all white cheese. I can't wait for tuesday..OMG it IS Tuesday...yummmm

I' m afraid to order 1 of them cinnamon thing-a- jig pizzas cuz I know I would make my self sick after eating the other pizza..LOL
Old 02-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
We used to get Papa Johns but last time the order was wrong and all we ordered was a large pizza and wings...took over 1 1/2 hours to get here $$ was over $30.00..not worth it!

Papa Murphy's is a totally different matter! They have a special on Tues ..any pizza for $10.00..what a deal. We usually get the family sized for an xtra $2.00, the thin crust, pepperoni, salami, sausage, mushrooms, onions, black olives and with all white cheese. I can't wait for tuesday..OMG it IS Tuesday...yummmm

I' m afraid to order 1 of them cinnamon thing-a- jig pizzas cuz I know I would make my self sick after eating the other pizza..LOL
That was pretty much my own thought process when trying Papa Murphy's: sick of paying ever more for cold, beat-up delivery pizza.

In the meantime I tried Papa Murphy's regular pepperoni pizza (large for $10), and it was terrific. As for the cinnamon wheel, good point. It's delicious, but not exactly what you'd want for dessert after a pizza. I had one slice, then used the rest for breakfast over the next few days.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Papa John's used to be pretty decent, but I think the quality has gone down somewhat ... then again, I hardly ever eat pizza anymore, and if I do, it's thin crust nowadays. Papa Murphy's (which is unrelated, I would imagine) is really good pizza, and the price is very reasonable as well. Honestly, I think their pizza is better than most pizza chains, especially Pizza Hut which is just pure garbage.
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #24
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Papa Murphy's rocks! They load it up, you take it home and then it's out-of-the-oven deliciousness right there in your kitchen.

If I were to ever open a franchise, I would go with their take and bake operation immediately.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Now that I discovered them, we are on a bit of a Papa Murphy's kick. Tried the chicken/bacon/artichoke one last night. Thin, crispy crust, just $8 for a large, and absolutely delicious.