Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 02-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And as for why I'm posting in this thread?
Barracks-lawyer tendencies, I guess.

-Rusty

(note: continuation of post on previous page to Miss Vickie)

Last edited by CleverBomb; 02-21-2012 at 08:12 PM.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
If you're referring to a post I, personally, made on a different topic than the one you were primarily discussing -Rusty
I'm not. I have no idea what post you're talking about and, in fact, don't need to know what it is in order to make the point I'd like to make.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't been able to find anything, and I'm willing to concede if I'm wrong but has the FA/FFA boards similarly posted rules that request that if an FA/FFA requests that ONLY MEN (which would exclude FFAs by definition) respond, any posts from women would be considered disruptive (etc., etc.) so women would at least have a head's up that they're not welcome (even the FFAs) and the guys need their alone time in their caves rather than mods arbitrarily deleting posts made by women because they're women? And why if there isn't a rule like that, are so many women's posts summarily dismissed?

All things being equal, why should women have posts deleted after saying they're FFAs on the FA/FFA forums, but men NOT have posts deleted for saying, 'Awwwww honeybunch, don't worry about that guy--you're GORGEOUS, when she's talking about feeling insecure TO OTHER BBWs, rather than asking for compliments? Why can men argue that it's not the same thing or 'that's not what I meant', while at the same time, women's posts are deleted either without a word or told 'if you see your post missing it's because it's the FA forums' without the same allowances made for men in the BBW forums?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #29
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I haven't been able to find anything, and I'm willing to concede if I'm wrong but has the FA/FFA boards similarly posted rules that request that if an FA/FFA requests that ONLY MEN (which would exclude FFAs by definition) respond, any posts from women would be considered disruptive (etc., etc.) so women would at least have a head's up that they're not welcome (even the FFAs) and the guys need their alone time in their caves rather than mods arbitrarily deleting posts made by women because they're women? And why if there isn't a rule like that, are so many women's posts summarily dismissed?

All things being equal, why should women have posts deleted after saying they're FFAs on the FA/FFA forums, but men NOT have posts deleted for saying, 'Awwwww honeybunch, don't worry about that guy--you're GORGEOUS, when she's talking about feeling insecure TO OTHER BBWs, rather than asking for compliments? Why can men argue that it's not the same thing or 'that's not what I meant', while at the same time, women's posts are deleted either without a word or told 'if you see your post missing it's because it's the FA forums' without the same allowances made for men in the BBW forums?
Cause women have to be patted on the head by the menfolk so they can let us know we are ok.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #30
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I'm not. I have no idea what post you're talking about and, in fact, don't need to know what it is in order to make the point I'd like to make.
Miss Vickie (in her post) does, and linked to the thread.

I screwed up, there, and I again apologize.

So your point is that I, and generically all male posters, should go well above and beyond the intent of the posted rules. I concur in the sense of a cautionary, "think before you post -- is this REALLY helpful to the original or subsequent posters?" but expecting compliance with unwritten rules is problematic. Yes, I should know better (and almost always act like it), but J. Random Forumposter won't unless someone points him at the post with the rules.

-Rusty

Last edited by CleverBomb; 02-21-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Maybe this will clear up some of the questions.

BBW Forum Rules and Guidelines

BBW: Stands for Big Beautiful Woman, a magazine and acronym owned by our Webmaster, Conrad. We operate from the literal meaning of the acronym, that big truly is beautiful.

Purpose of this forum: This forum is for discussion of BBW-only issues, by BBW about living as a BBW. We welcome on-topic commentary from SSBBW, non-BBW and all others. There are many other forums for discussion of other subjects, but this is the go-to place for on-topic sharing of our experiences living as big, beautiful women in a society not geared towards recognizing the acronym as a truism. Like the rest of Dimensions, this board is fat-positive.

The rules are simple: the Golden Rule rules here. Please treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself.

This board was created to foster solidarity, sharing and learning from each other. An important requirement is the desire to build community and help one another, not tear each other down; therefore, nastiness and flaming will not be tolerated at all. The dream is that this will be such a positive board that actually having to wander over to the un-fun aspects of moderating rarely happens.

It is also important to stay on-topic so that a valuable discussion will not be sidetracked and diverted to some other issue not having to do with the subject at hand.

For Non-BBW posters: This is a public but protected board much the way the Erotic Weight Gain and FA/FFA are protected. Non-bbw posters who venture here should take care to provide postive and non-disruptive posts.

Compliments: They're usually a good thing, but we ask that the opposite sex refrain from complimenting any photos here. If we want to be admired, we'll post our pics on one of the other boards. Thank you for understanding that. And if you don't, just take our word for it that it's important to a number of our community members.

If a BBW starts a thread asking specifically for BBW input, DO NOT comment in the thread. Doing so will be considered disruptive, and will result in infractions and/or a possible loss of some or all posting privileges for
BBW board.

The following topics will be considered explicitly disruptive:

-Sexually inappropriate/disrespectful comments.
-Misogynistic (woman hating) or misandrynistic (man hating) comments from any poster.

FA/FFA Forum Guidelines

Why the FA/FFA Forum?

BBWs/BHMs and FAs/FFAs have a lot to learn from each other, and do so in a number of Dimension’s forums. However, there remain areas of discussion where FAs/FFAs can especially benefit from the shared experience of other FAs/FFAs.

Some of these areas tend to be repetitive for the journey of many FAs/FFAs; it therefore follows that serious threads relating to that journey be grouped in an accessible fashion.

Such topics include (but are not limited to):

• Closet Issues (How to make the first steps? How to deal with friend & family reactions? Etc.)

• The discussion (i.e. civil and respectful discourse) of FA/FFA issues

General Forum Principles and Conduct

The focus of this forum is on the experience of being an FA/FFA. Threads or discussions that begin off topic (or meander into subject areas outside of this FA-focused remit) are liable to be edited or closed.

Threads whose OP fit within the scope of the forum will not be moved from the FA/FFA forum into other forums. If a discussion is likely to be inappropriate for this forum, please consider starting it on another board. If you are unsure, please contact a mod before posting.

This forum is intended to be serious and civil, dedicated to helping male and female FAs with real life issues. In general, the hope is that discussion is kept free – flowing, mutually supportive and positive.

Forum Rules

The defining commonality amongst all FA and FFAs is their physical aesthetic for a fat partner. Correspondingly, the abstract discussion of personal views on fat sexuality/fat sex is absolutely fine (where contextually appropriate) on this forum.

However, the following types of discussion are not permitted;
Sexual discussion containing individual identities other than your own. Whether the person in question is a board member or not, their privacy must be respected.
Excessively lewd, crude or distasteful objectification of people. For instance, saying you like a particular trait is fine but it does not require one to trash all those who do not have that trait in order to make the point. Keep things respectful.

Furthermore, on a more general note, the following behaviors are not permitted in line with general Dimensions rules;
Misogynistic (woman hating) or misandrynistic (man hating) comments from any poster.
Bashing or disparaging of any individual or group.
If rules are transgressed, warnings or infractions (and even banning in extreme circumstances) may take place. These transgressions form a permanent record across all forums and are taken into account each time a transgression is identified.

How the FA/FFA Forum Relates to Other Forums on Dimensions

The focus of the FA/FFA forum is specific to its intended purpose of providing a place for FAs to help each other out and discuss FA issues. As is the case with forums such as the Main Board or Lounge, it is bound by the general Dimensions rules. Like other special interest forums it has its own additional rules, focus and goals. These are all internally derived which means that it is not relationally bound to other forums with different rules, foci and goals. General Dimensions rules apply to the majority of general and special interest areas. However, it should not be presumed that the application of forum-specific rules in other forums will lead to an equivalent application of those rules in this forum. The FA/FFA forum will only be moderated in line with the rules stated in this post.

On the Participation of Non FA/FFAs…

The focus of this forum is the discussion of FA/FFA issues, but this in no way precludes participation by interested non-FAs/FFAs. The forum is open for all to view and positive or supportive comments from non-FAs are welcomed. However, as the forum is a protected space for FAs/FFAs, any non-FA/FFAs making negative, disruptive or belittling posts should accordingly expect to see those posts removed or moderated.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #32
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
I appreciate that, CB, and the fact that you would be okay with a re-visitation of the rules, but I wonder why you posted in this thread, where the OP clearly asked for input from BBWs, if you have such close familiarity with the rules. Did you not know the rules at the time, and post in ignorance? Or did you willfully disregard them? You certainly weren't the only man with a Y chromosome to post in that thread, but you're the only one posting in this thread.

I was just wondering what you thought about that.
The OP of that thread said this exactly
Quote:
All advice/anecdotes/empathy welcome, although I am primarily looking for responses from women who may have been in a similar situation. I thank you.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #33
EvilPrincess

Default Reporting Posts

Current Posts
If you feel a post is out of line, rude, offensive or in violation of a forum guideline please report it. When reporting the post don't assume that the moderator/s will automatically see the same offensive or know any back story to the issue. You will need to submit the reason you are reporting in enough detail to make sure we understand.

Necro-Reporting
If you find something months or years old that is heavily entrenched in a thread please do not report that. It is not possible to clean up past issues, it is best to just move forward. If you feel is is to a level it should be handled, send a message to the board moderator, and the team can see what can be done.

Regards

EP-Mod - Trying to read each and every post in all the boards.......not always possible but being human means stumbling every now and again
Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #34
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
So your point is that I, and generically all male posters, should go well above and beyond the intent of the posted rules.
No...to put it plainly, I guess my point is that I don't get why you generically, and all male posters want so badly to be someplace that a handful of women just told you they may not want you to be.

I do sense a sea change here at the BBW board. I'm not a mod, I don't want to be a mod (*shudder*), and I'm not trying to draft any legislation. But sometimes, it's just a drag to see a sausage party.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #35
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
The OP of that thread said this exactly
Oh, okay. I was responding to this part, where she said:

Quote:
So, lovely (ss)bbws of Dims - HELP! I think I'm gonna have to be the ideas person and have alternatives at hand when he realises some of his usual tricks won't work.
I was planning on responding but since I'm not a SSBBW, I decided to defer to my more plush sisters to share their experiences. I didn't report it at the time because, well, I don't often report posts unless they're egregiously rude. But it made me wonder, is all.

As much as I love the men, I do feel less comfortable posting here knowing that men are reading, and posting in response. Fortunately for me, I have other outlets for issues that I need to discuss with other women. But many of the women here don't. I think their need for a presumably "safe"(ish) space to post trumps the guys' need to weigh in.

But that's just my opinion.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #36
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
As much as I love the men, I do feel less comfortable posting here knowing that men are reading, and posting in response. Fortunately for me, I have other outlets for issues that I need to discuss with other women. But many of the women here don't. I think their need for a presumably "safe"(ish) space to post trumps the guys' need to weigh in.

But that's just my opinion.
Agreed. I've personally always thought there should be a private board for BBWs (similar to the SSBBW board but for all BBWs.)
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #37
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
But sometimes, it's just a drag to see a sausage party.
Quoted for truth.

-Rusty
(... packs up his worn-out welcome and departs.)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #38
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Quoted for truth.

-Rusty
(... packs up his worn-out welcome and departs.)

leave us the sausage, please
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote