Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I can't wear a dress! Help!

I love dresses and skirts, especially in summer. I have quite a few cute ones but I rarely wear them because for some reason my underwear always slides/rolls down.. I have come to the conclusion that this is because of my shape - I'm an apple and apparently don't have enough booty to keep my underwear up.

I tried getting smaller size underwear but it just rolls down because it's too tight, bigger underwear just clear slides down, I tried Lane Bryant's no seam super stretchy/clingy underwear and they roll down. The only solution I've found so far is wearing Spanx underwear over my regular underwear but it's just so hot as it is I don't want to add anymore layers.. it's also only a temporary solution as after about two hours they start to roll/slide down too. The only things I've found to work all day/night are the longer Spanx (the ones that go from mid-waist to knee) and tights/panty hose but it's way too hot out for either of those right now.

Any & all suggestions welcome. I've got some seriously cute dresses I'd like to wear this summer and I don't want to spend the entire day in the bathroom hiking my underwear back up!

thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You could try one of those body slimmer things that has a really high waist, but just regular leg openings. An all-in-one body suit with a built in bra and regular leg openings might work as well. You could also try a thing. Those seem to stay up a bit better, but I'm more of an hourglass shape.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
fritzi

fritzi has super-sized repfritzi has super-sized repfritzi has super-sized rep

Try something that has an actual real, good old-fashioned elastic in the waist - like French knickers or short shorts out of a very thin material.

That normally can sort of nestle between two belly roles at waist level with enough catch to hold them up without being too tight. Or even something were you can pull a thin drawstring through to adjust as you need it.

Good luck - summer is no fun without dresses!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You could try men's boxer briefs too or just go commando.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Marlayna
Counting my blessings.

Marlayna knows EXACTLY what's going onMarlayna knows EXACTLY what's going onMarlayna knows EXACTLY what's going onMarlayna knows EXACTLY what's going onMarlayna knows EXACTLY what's going onMarlayna knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm an apple too, and find that full cut granny panties that go all the way up to my bra band work best.
Unsightly? Yeah, a little, but no more rolling down.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #6
moore2me
An Example To Others???

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!
moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dear Thatgirl08,

I too have had problems with underwear coming down as you described. My best fix (and the easiest) is to buy some baby diaper pins from the infant section of a store. Then when I am getting dressed, I pin my underwear and my pants together in front. (The baby diaper pins are for comfort and to help you from getting stabbed.) You can make sure the head of the pin is positioned on the outside of your slacks. Your top should cover up the safety pin's outline.

Sometimes when I am wearing a cami, I can safety pin my underwear to the cami top. This also works to keep the cami top from rolling up. Of course cotton undies and/or camis or pants do better with the safety pinning trick. And if you get in a hurry to pee, don't forget to unpin before yanking down your pants (or you will rip fabric).

(The other option is to wear some men's suspenders that attach at the sides. This way they don't have to go over your breasts.)
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #7
Micara
Going to the UK!

Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Micara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have that problem with certain panties that I own- mostly hipsters and the like. The best ones I've been able to find are the old cotton/spandex ones from Just My Size that you can buy at Wal-mart in a pack of 3. Like Marlayna says, they go up high on my waist, but they do stay put. I wear dresses like 90% of the time because they just tend to keep me cooler. But yeah, I did have an experience with a pair of Torrid panties that I had to keep hitching up all day long.

I am also apple shaped with a non-existent ass.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My daily undies are the briefs like Micara mentioned. The minute i try to wear sexy booty shorts out or other fun undies, they just fall down. I too am apple with a nega-ass..
Old 05-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
EMH1701
Master Member

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

What about having custom-made underwear? (I have many friends in this group and, while I couldn't get into it myself, am pretty familar with it. They are a group of history-lovers, who are interested in medieval times in particular. Many SCA members get into arts and crafts from the time period, including sewing.)

I bet if you could find a good SCA group in your area, you might find someone who sews and is willing to do it for the cost of materials.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Alright, I'm going to try the full cut briefs from Just My Size first. If that doesn't work, my roomie (also a BBW) mentioned a few types of Spanx for me to try. I'll report back! Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote