Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default March 2012 Iron Foodee Challenge

It's March!! The first month of spring, and all things new.It's also the beginning of sports for the kids, which means quick, easy dinner.

I've scoured the past challenges to come up with something not yet used. It's an item that we love dearly, and enjoy quite often.....

PIZZA!!

That's right, I want your BEST recipe/combinations for Pizza. Good Luck!! I can't wait to see what your favorites are!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg homemade-pizza.jpg (67.9 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by MzDeeZyre; 03-07-2012 at 04:43 PM.
MzDeeZyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Past Challenge List
Dec - Oranges

Jan - Cream Cheese
Feb - Soda pop
Mar - Recipes containing a can of soup
Apr Shrimp
May Eggs
Jun Liquor
Jul - Pasta/couscous etc Salads
Aug Zucchini
Sep - Quick breads / Muffins
Oct Cheese
Nov Cranberries
Dec - Fudge

Jan - Slow Cooker Recipe
Feb Potatoes
Mar - Garlic and Mushrooms
Apr Chicken
May Lemons
Jun - 30 min Hot Weather Recipes
Jul - Preserves - Jams, Chutneys, Relishes etc
Aug Coffee
Sep - Tofu / Cottage Cheese
October Pumpkin
November - Sweet Potatoes/Yams
December - Mint

January Soup
February Pork
March-Mexican Food
April Cereal
May- Berries
June-Yogurt
July Corn
August Asian
September - Breakfast foods
October Nuts
November Onions
December - Meat in Casings

January - Side Salads
February Spinach
March Beans
April-hot sandwiches
May-Soy Sauce
June cookies
July - Sour Cream
August - (Summer Break)
Sept - BBQ Foods.
October - Southern cuisine
November - Peanut butter
December-"Packaged Food"

January rice
February chocolate
March - Irish food
April - Butter
May- Flour
June-Father's Day Recipes
July-Mayo/Miracle Whip
August-jalapenos
September - Apples
October - candy
November-Root Vegetables
December - Heavy Whipping Cream

January - Cakes
February - chocolate
March- Pizza
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, this is really an appetizer pizza, I think I've mentioned it before....but is so delicious it bears repeating.

A thin crust pizza sprinkled with:

mozzarella cheese
gorgonzola cheese
prosciuto slices
chopped dates

The combination of the sweet and salty is divine.....
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow, really? No one else makes pizza? C'mon guys...I can't win by default!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #5
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

I picked this one because I've seen threads filled with pizza photos, and listened at different events about favorite pizzas, etc. I have to say guys..... really disappointed in the lack of participation in this months challenge. Especially from those of us, whom normally participate. What gives??

Old 03-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lissa, I think people aren't used to being able to just say what they like, it's been a thread for recipes in the past. Personally, I thought it was a great way to get people involved, if they aren't big on cooking. Maybe people didn't realize that aspect of the challenge this time? (if I understood you correctly. Maybe I didn't?)

I like thin, crispy crust pizzas. I don't make pizza myself, but one of the best I ever had was at a local tavern. It was thin crust, and it was topped with sauce and cheese, of course, but also with fresh garlic and olive oil and lots of fresh cracked black pepper,. OMG. To die for.

Of course they don't make pizza there anymore. So it remains a memory for me. My only consolation is that I can't really do much garlic nowadays.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'll give it a go....

I sometimes make a Breakfast Pizza

Roll a tube of crescent roll dough out flat - bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done.

Top with:

cooked scrambled eggs
cooked and crumbled bacon
grated cheddar cheese
mushrooms

or anything else that makes it a good breakfast for you.

Bake again for 10 minutes or so to warm and melt the cheese.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Lissa, I think people aren't used to being able to just say what they like, it's been a thread for recipes in the past. Personally, I thought it was a great way to get people involved, if they aren't big on cooking. Maybe people didn't realize that aspect of the challenge this time? (if I understood you correctly. Maybe I didn't?)

I like thin, crispy crust pizzas. I don't make pizza myself, but one of the best I ever had was at a local tavern. It was thin crust, and it was topped with sauce and cheese, of course, but also with fresh garlic and olive oil and lots of fresh cracked black pepper,. OMG. To die for.

Of course they don't make pizza there anymore. So it remains a memory for me. My only consolation is that I can't really do much garlic nowadays.
No... I definitely wanted recipes. I love making homemade pizza. One of my favorite things to make, because you can vary them so much. I've seen a plethora of people post before on variations of pizzas.... guess I just had a bad idea. Poo....

I still liek the pizza.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #9
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll give it a go with my tuna salad pizza. Now before all of you go "EWWWWWW!", it's not like it's nasty or anything.

All I do is take a pizza crust, warm it up, spread the tuna salad across it, then sprinkle some lettuce, some cheese, a bit of salt and pepper, and maybe some banana peppers and some tomatoes if I'm feeling 'em. I'm thinking about adding bacon next time.

It's basically a tuna salad sandwich on a pizza crust. Not too creative, but I'm trying to devise some different ideas for food.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
lypeaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
I'll give it a go with my tuna salad pizza. Now before all of you go "EWWWWWW!", it's not like it's nasty or anything.

All I do is take a pizza crust, warm it up, spread the tuna salad across it, then sprinkle some lettuce, some cheese, a bit of salt and pepper, and maybe some banana peppers and some tomatoes if I'm feeling 'em. I'm thinking about adding bacon next time.

It's basically a tuna salad sandwich on a pizza crust. Not too creative, but I'm trying to devise some different ideas for food.
Hey, that sounds just like a crispy version of my tuna burritos (except that I add cilantro to the tuna salad mix)...
Old 03-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Personally I don't make homemade pizza but maybe twice a year, if that so I don't have recipes that vary outside the norm and I'm not always very creative with my pizzas, so that was my reason for not posting a recipe. However since you said any recipe/combo for pizza I'll post my "cheat pizza".

English Muffins
Pizza Sauce of your choice
Pepperoni - I like to use the mini pepperoni as they fit on the english muffins better I think.
Canadian Bacon
Penzey's Pizza spice
Onions - raw or sauteed
Bell peppers - raw or sauteed
Cheese

Split the muffins in half, top as you wish and bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Obviously I didn't give amounts for anything because it is all according to taste. Obviously you're going to eat a least two "pizzas" by splitting the muffins in half (unless you put the other half back in the package and let's be honest, who is going to do that) lol

I am always in the mood for pizza but don't always want to make/order so this is cheap, easy way to indulge in a pizza craving.

I still hesitate to post this because a pet peeve of mine is when you buy recipe magazines and there are 50 recipes of:

2 slices bread
mustard
ham
cheese

VOILA a sandwich! Like I didn't already know how to make a sandwich?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
mpls_girl26

mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Olive Oil Dough

Ok, here is the recipe for a pizza dough that I make often. It keeps well in the fridge for easily over a week and it also freezes well too. Portion it out and then when you plan to use it, put it in the fridge and let it thaw out. This is from the book "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day" which I LOVE!

This makes four 1 pound loaves, or a couple of pizzas or calzones

2 3/4 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast (2 packets)
1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour *

* I will often make this with whole wheat flour as well using about 3 cups of whole wheat flour and about 3 cups of white. You may or may not need the extra half-cup.

1. mix yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil with water in a lidded bowl (not airtight).

2. Mix in the flour without kneading, using a spoon, a 14 cup capacity food processor , or a heavy-duty stand mixer. May need to use wet hands to incorporate the last bit of flour.

3. Cover (not airtight) and allow to rest at room temp until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 hours.

4. The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.

So, if you plan to make pizza using a pizza peel and stone is best at 500* for about 8-10 minutes.

If using for a calzone* then cook at 450* on the stone. Pour 1 cup of hot tap water into broiler tray (or other type of pan) and quickly close the door. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.

* for a calzone cut three slits along the top, for a stromboli (it puffs up) don't cut the three slits. I also often rub the top with a little bit of olive oil to crisp up the crust a bit.

Favorite toppings for pizza :

pizza dough
pizza sauce
oregano & garlic
fresh baby spinach
layer of turkey pepperoni
mozzarella cheese
green and red pepper
asparagus
a few turkey pepperoni
a sprinkle of romano/parmesan cheese

IT'S DELICIOUS!!!!!

If you have any questions please ask away! Bummer I didn't notice this before the end of the month!
mpls_girl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

Excellent recipe for the dough Mpls... I will definitely count you in as it was in before the end of the month.

I just sent a message out to the Mod since i have no idea how to do a poll. As soon as I get an answer back, or figure it out I will start a poll for voting. Thank You to everyone who participated!!!