Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Tomatoes

Who will be growing some this season? How many and what kind(s)?

I'll be planting 10-12 Better Boys around the middle of April.

- Jim
Old 03-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not growing them but I volunteer to eat all the excess tomatoes everyone grows. You wouldn't want them to go bad, right?

I LOVE AMAZING SUMMER TOMATOES. Very excited that tomato season is around the corner. OK, maybe across the street, down a few blocks and THEN around the corner.

But it's comin'.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am presprouting some Black Krim tomatoes right now.
My first try at veggie growing(container route).
I am also working on straight eight cukes and some really interesting Lemon Cucumbers,a rainbow pepper collection.red potatoes, and some herbs!

I am super excited
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm hoping to grow 3-4 plants this year. Max LOVES picking grape tomatoes off the plant during the summer. We're moving on the 7th into a house with a big back yard and i plan to have a little section for gardening. I want some fat tomato plant and a few munchie sized tomatoes. Maybe a roma plant too.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I was originally going to do the yellow cherry variety but saw these purple/black ones and had to have them.Let us know how yours come out and what plant it is. If I do well this year I will do a few varieties next year I love cherry/grape tomatoes. I am most interested in all the heirloom varieties of veg. I also want to do blueberries and strawberries but I have my plate full for this season I think. Going to attempt to save seed to,and if the gardening goes well learn to can eventually.I think these are great skills to have and nearly lost to my generation and younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I'm hoping to grow 3-4 plants this year. Max LOVES picking grape tomatoes off the plant during the summer. We're moving on the 7th into a house with a big back yard and i plan to have a little section for gardening. I want some fat tomato plant and a few munchie sized tomatoes. Maybe a roma plant too.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Who will be growing some this season? How many and what kind(s)? "

This is what I have growing as far as tomatoes this year:

- 4 Patio
- 2 Husky Cherry Red
- 2 Chocolate Cherry
- 1 Cherokee Purple
- 1 Yellow Pear
- 1 Lemon Boy
- 1 German Heirloom
- 1 some random red hybrid, can't remember which variety.
- 1 "bonus" plant from last season's fallen fruit, no clue what kind.

So far, so good... Since I live in such a hot and humid climate, the best chance at getting a good number of tomatoes means planting early. I try and get my tomato transplants all planted in the first half of March. Other than that, I've got different kinds of eggplants and peppers, some blueberries, dwarf citrus trees, a few kinds of cucumbers, a pot of chard, some lettuce, a couple kinds of green beans, lots of herbs, carrots, beets, and will be trying some odd little heirloom melons that make very small fruit.

Tracy
Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 AM   #7
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I plan to have about 8 or 10 plants, maybe a dozen. I look for a solid, easy to scald, peel and can species. The Celebrity usually works well for me. There are a few others that are really tasty, but are harder to handle. They were well for making juice, because you just wash, cut up, and cook before putting through a ricer for nice, thick juice. MMMM.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I gave up on my attempts at vegetable gardening several yeas ago, between very limited space, slugs/squirrels/racoons raiding what we grew, and that when we did get anything, the farmer's market a few minutes walk away would have the same thing at ridiculously low prices.

BUT, I pretty much rely on my Mom, the dedicated gardener, starting more tomato plants than she ends up having room for, and I have one large ceramic planter waiting for its annual crop of two cherry tomato plants (usually one round and red, one yellow and bottle shaped). No idea what the breeds are...in particular the yellow bottle shaped ones have been raised from saved seeds since my grandmother got some a few decades back, and they've probably hybridized with other tomatoes around them since then.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

I like your blog! Started reading last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
" Who will be growing some this season? How many and what kind(s)? "

This is what I have growing as far as tomatoes this year:

- 4 Patio
- 2 Husky Cherry Red
- 2 Chocolate Cherry
- 1 Cherokee Purple
- 1 Yellow Pear
- 1 Lemon Boy
- 1 German Heirloom
- 1 some random red hybrid, can't remember which variety.
- 1 "bonus" plant from last season's fallen fruit, no clue what kind.

So far, so good... Since I live in such a hot and humid climate, the best chance at getting a good number of tomatoes means planting early. I try and get my tomato transplants all planted in the first half of March. Other than that, I've got different kinds of eggplants and peppers, some blueberries, dwarf citrus trees, a few kinds of cucumbers, a pot of chard, some lettuce, a couple kinds of green beans, lots of herbs, carrots, beets, and will be trying some odd little heirloom melons that make very small fruit.

Tracy