Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #1
acadm

acadm has said some nice things
Default anyone else wish that...

...the film "supersize me" was done by a woman? If that were the case, it would be my favorite film of all time...
acadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #2
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on

I also wish it was done by someone who hadn't spent years training his body to violently reject anything that was ever part of an animal and didn't go into this with an agenda, but that's tangentious now, isn't it?

You're right. If the movie was done by a cute chick who was enjoying herself I'd totally pay $10 to see it in the theatre, and probably wear out my copy of premiere running the bootleg in slowmo

Remakes anyone?
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah, but the guy nearly died. Hate to see that happen to anyone.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
acadm

acadm has said some nice things

it wouldn't go on until she died; she'd totally be in control of it; I mean, for starters I'd have a woman who likes eating meat in the first place, and is a tad - only a tad - chunky (like let's say, 140 pounds); what I would love to see is how she grows, her bust, her belly, her hips...and most importantly her weight gain.

And the real kicker would be to have her try on her old clothes and see if she can still fit into them...it would be bliss...seeing her try to stretch and fit into her old clothes while they're too tight or short, her belly hanging over her pants, her breasts nearly double the size (is that even possible on that kind of a diet?)
acadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
Yeah, but the guy nearly died. Hate to see that happen to anyone.

That's just unrealistic though. I'm willing to bet Morgan Spurlock was some kinda creepy health nut prior to filming. He'd probably trained his body to live without significant quantities of any sort of food, let alone meat and bread. So it wouldn't be too surprising he reacted to McDonald's like a lactose intollerant man to a Haagen Daz(sp?) diet. Slanderous accusations aside, you can find instances of simillar anecdotal evidence to the contrary. There's a guy (who's name I was rapidly loosing hope of finding again until I read somewhere he's got an interview in the movie so If someone has the DVD please elucidate me) who'd supposedly eaten over 100K Big Macs at the time of filming (that's around six a day for forty years) and is fine. Point being: We're talking about unlikely extremes. A reasonably healthy average person should be able to survive reasonably well.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:31 AM   #6
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default the puking was harsh

I almost lost it myself when Spurlock hurled out his car window on the third day. I wouldn't want to see a woman doing that.

I liked the film, but I agree Spurlock stacked the deck by going in a highly trained health nut. Remember that towards the end his doctor admitted that his body was getting "used" to the all-Mickey D's diet and he was actually leveling out, health-wise, though still gaining weight. Still, the main point - that McDonalds is evil in all ways, health-wise, environmentally, socially - is made.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote