Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Interesting Article on Women and Eating

I wasn't quite sure if I should put this on the main board, BBW board on here. I decided on here since I thought it would get the best reception from its intended audience.

The Huffington Post just had an interesting article on the subject of women and eating, particularly in public. The author Emma Gray is trying to tackle the whole mythos that women shouldn't really eat in public if they're going to look "Lady-like". At the end of the article she asks for people to send her photos of themselves eating real food and enjoying it. I don't think I have one of me eating, but I bet some of you Ladies do, and would love to share with her. Lets show the world that real women really eat real food!

Click here to read article
Old 03-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The article was good, but the link in the article to the photo essay of "Women laughing alone with salad" was priceless!

Totally made my day, thank you!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
The article was good, but the link in the article to the photo essay of "Women laughing alone with salad" was priceless!
Makes you wonder what they put in the dressing, doesn't it?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Those Green Flakes

My guess on the "smiling women eating salad" is that their dressing had cannabis flakes in it.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Good Thing

I also see, it's a good thing, too, that the article didn't seem to mention women eating breakfast pastries while using public transportation.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think some of the photo tags at the bottom were generated more by computers then the author herself. But they gave me a giggle too. Still it was nice to see somebody, anybody - and particularly somebody outside the BBW community saying darn it girls, we can eat in public and enjoy it!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

There's an old song by Ella Fitzgerald that comes to mind whenever I think of how women are supposed to be "ladylike."

http://www.lyrics007.com/Ella%20Fitz...%20Lyrics.html

Not being a "lady" isn't all that bad.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

"I'll have what she's having."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eEDDjtQxA

-Jim

Last edited by smithnwesson; 04-04-2012 at 07:54 AM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
"I'll have what she's having."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3eEDDjtQxA

-Jim

Ah, I have a better one. Its a Steven Segal rendition from MadTV.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SweMXi8VMHY

Might have to move up to 3:25. Still the whole thing is funny as hell