Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club
Default When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

I'm sitting here, surfing the Net on a Sunday morning... My belly is bulging over the edge of the computer table a little, which is a relatively new development. It's the latest in a string of reminders that, "Wow, I've gotten FAT!"

Has anyone else had a episode like this? A small, unexpected thing that makes your realize you're not the same size you thought you were?

I know I've put on weight since New Years. I've been ill more than usual (small stuff, like flus and colds), which just makes me want to eat. An injury limited my mobility for awhile, too, which didn't help. At any rate, since the last time I was weighed (October), I've put on something like 40 lbs, I'm almost up to 350 now. By far the heaviest I've ever been...

So it shouldn't be surprising that I feel fatter, because, well, I am! But the extra padding on my belly, the added thickness to my thighs, even the little more chub in my face, seems to take me by surprise on a daily basis.

What seems really odd to me is how this little amount of extra padding is so noticable to me now, moreso in some ways than the almost 150 lbs I'd gained prior. Because I gained that weight so gradually over several years (almost a decade, which makes me feel very old! ) it didn't seem to make the same impact.

Just wondering if the rest of you have felt something similar?

Brenda
Old 04-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nothing like your size or degree of gain, but the couple of times I've hit 220 I suddenly find my belly rubbing against the desk when I'm typing. That is all sorts of distracting when I'm trying to get work done, as it sends my mind to all sorts of other places, and definitely makes me realize just how non-modest my belly has gotten.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33 View Post
I'm sitting here, surfing the Net on a Sunday morning... My belly is bulging over the edge of the computer table a little, which is a relatively new development. It's the latest in a string of reminders that, "Wow, I've gotten FAT!"

Has anyone else had a episode like this? A small, unexpected thing that makes your realize you're not the same size you thought you were?

I know I've put on weight since New Years. I've been ill more than usual (small stuff, like flus and colds), which just makes me want to eat. An injury limited my mobility for awhile, too, which didn't help. At any rate, since the last time I was weighed (October), I've put on something like 40 lbs, I'm almost up to 350 now. By far the heaviest I've ever been...

So it shouldn't be surprising that I feel fatter, because, well, I am! But the extra padding on my belly, the added thickness to my thighs, even the little more chub in my face, seems to take me by surprise on a daily basis.

What seems really odd to me is how this little amount of extra padding is so noticable to me now, moreso in some ways than the almost 150 lbs I'd gained prior. Because I gained that weight so gradually over several years (almost a decade, which makes me feel very old! ) it didn't seem to make the same impact.

Brenda
Brenda that sounds wonderful. Are you ok with these recent developments?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Shan34

Shan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging inShan34 makes people happy simply by logging in

Absolutely. I usually don't notice my size. But I'm reminded how big my body is when I'm trying to get through a small space. I will suck in and go sideways if I have to. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get hooked on something or bump into stuff.

It's taken me years to realize that I'm fat. I've never been skinny, but had more of an athletic body when I was younger. So as the years went by and I gained weight, I still thought of myself as the same size. And I'm soooo not even close! lol
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics
Default Experience "Wow I Got Fat" Quite Often

Brenda, I am surprised often at how fat I am just like you. I have slowly gained 125 lbs. over a decade as well and I think the slow but steady weight gain leads to these everyday surprises. Even though I have leveled off around 300 lbs, it seems that my belly and overall size keeps expanding. I wear shirts that just a few months ago fit nicely and suddenly I look down and the buttons are almost ready to burst and my belly is sticking out through the gaps. And I think to myself, "Jeez, I am getting really fat".

I have the same reaction when I catch a glimpse of myself in a large picture window while walking down the street. I am continually amazed at how big I am and it always conflicts with what I believe I look like which is always significantly smaller. Going to a concert and a play over the weekend and discovering the seats in both are getting really tight is another surprise indicator and the thought crosses my mind again "Man, I am getting really fat!" And I am often surprised when I look in the mirror and discover my double chin becoming even more prominent. I must admit these fat discoveries are bit of a turn-on and I find myself ever more aroused by the thought of growing fatter.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #6
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Brenda that sounds wonderful. Are you ok with these recent developments?
I do like it, similar to what BigFA explained... But I've also got to watch it, because my blood pressure is borderline high at the moment. So, while I'm certainly not "dieting," I am watching mwhat I eat (low sodium, etc.) in an attempt to manage it.

Brenda
fatgirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 AM   #7
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan34 View Post
Absolutely. I usually don't notice my size. But I'm reminded how big my body is when I'm trying to get through a small space. I will suck in and go sideways if I have to. Sometimes it works and sometimes I get hooked on something or bump into stuff.
This happens to me quite a bit, too. I've got the bruises to prove it! When I'm travelling, turnstiles are not my friend!

Quote:
So as the years went by and I gained weight, I still thought of myself as the same size. And I'm soooo not even close! lol
Yeah, that's been the shocker for me, too. Whenever I see a photo of myself I wonder, "Where did that double chin come from? Oh wait, I forgot - I'm fat!"

Brenda
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
stillblessed23
A half full kinda girl

stillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized repstillblessed23 has super-sized rep

This happened today lol. I walked past the video cameras set up in the store and had to do a backtrack...it was like woah is that me lol...geez no wonder little children stare haha. I mean I know I am fat 350...but I never can grasp my full size. I still see myself as that "skinny" little 240 lb girl I was in high school lol
Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
degek2001

degek2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdegek2001 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33 View Post

Brenda
Like it to read all this honest experience about gaining weight. Sure, I think also an Expansion of 40 lbs means a lot. So I am not surprised about your surprise. I am also surprised about 40 lbs in 6 months!

I think also your body feels also softer. Also to play with your new rolls and rounder belly. Are you the only one how notice your gain? Or do other people also see your fuller curves. My experience is that people does have more trouble to see a difference between 300 en 350 lbs then between 200 and 250 lbs.

I hope you'll enjoy your new fat body!

<3 Henk
degek2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
Jello404

Jello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ive personally never been thin.NEVER. Up until recently Ive been the same size since 14.So the fact that Ive added 100lbs to that over the past 2 years was a little unsettling because Its like Im a while new me...I remember I went to sit in a booth that I could normally squeeze into and I literally coulndt get in there at all.I was like..damnit i USED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT! or I moved into an old house with one of thoes older narrow tubs that I used to be able to fit into and I cant now.It was a shocker. Or how i have to push my boobs back because theyre soo huge and I cant see over them lol So many little things that take you by surprise. Sometimes it bothers me,other times I shrug it off.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I sat on my $300.00 Smart phone and crushed it and noticed I was spending almost $1000 a month on fastfood, which is INSANE.

I notice new things every day, Like a new stretch mark new dimples on my thighs or how my belly takes up the counter while I do my make-up.

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 04-30-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: removed sig.
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #12
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello404 View Post
Sometimes it bothers me,other times I shrug it off.
Those experiences sound very familiar to me, though my recengt wg hasn't been quite so significant... You must not let yourself be bothered by it, it's all part of the journey! And sometimes it's even good for a chuckle!

Brenda
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
BBWBecky

BBWBecky can now change their title

around july 2011 when I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus...when I went for the surgery I was around 235...about 3 months later I was up to 273 lbs...thats a 38 lbs gain...didn't realize how much more I was eating till I one day I put on my fav pair of jeans..guess I squeezed myself into them to much. I went to sit down and the zipper split on them.
BBWBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #14
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Seeing myself in the mirror. lol
Old 04-15-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
banjo

banjo has said some nice things

Well, i broke a chair the other day. That was an eye opener. haha
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #16
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWBecky View Post
around july 2011 when I had knee surgery for a torn meniscus...when I went for the surgery I was around 235...about 3 months later I was up to 273 lbs...thats a 38 lbs gain...didn't realize how much more I was eating till I one day I put on my fav pair of jeans..guess I squeezed myself into them to much. I went to sit down and the zipper split on them.
How is your knee doing? Is it progressing or still in pain? Hope you're ok
Old 04-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #17
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Well, i broke a chair the other day. That was an eye opener. haha
I've never experienced the dreaded "broken chair" - I've gotten stuck several times, but never broke one. I feel kinda left out, but kinda relieved at the same time.

Brenda
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373 has said some nice things

For me it was the day I could barely cut the toenail of the little toe on my left foot because my belly was getting in the way. It's a hard reach when you are right handed. I can no longer get my foot up on the bathroom vanity. I'm 297 lbs with a 56" beer belly. I hate having all this blubber on me, but I love it on a woman.

It is getting difficult to get out of chairs and do things like put on socks, tie sneakers etc since honestly I'm obese and over 100 lbs overweight.
Fatdoug373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #19
Fatdoug373

Fatdoug373 has said some nice things

I have to cut that little toenail on my left foot with my left hand now...we adapt to a huge waistline.

I think quitting smoking resulted in me getting even fatter than I was already.

I hate my huge gut, but I love a woman to be nice and fat.
Fatdoug373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Gave up struggling to clip my own toenails and decided to get pedicures.
The first time was a bit awkward, but the massaging chair is awesome.
I just try not to go on a full belly as its already a challenge to tie these boot laces much less pull up socks.
For me its a good feeling, just another stage to push on to.
Though the walk to the bus stop after a block can be a pain if my back has not adjusted to the extra lbs.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
CorinaJade

CorinaJade can now change their title

I've also never been tiny, but i realised just how BIG i'd gotten when i was 17, and i'd reached a size 26 in Australian sizings, and realised that if i got bigger, i wouldn't even be able to even shop in the larger womens clothing stores. I then dropped to a size 18 - 20, but over the past year i've put on another 30 kilos, thanks to my fiances amaaazing cooking, i'm back up to a size 22, but i don't feel bad about it, i just feel... slightly less confident sitting on outdoor lawn chairs lol. I first noticed the weight gain the second time round when i was looking at photos of myself and my fiance from the beginning of our relationship, up to now, and i was like, geez, we both gained heaps! Neither of us even really noticed. But between us we would have put on about 70 kilos over the time we've been together. I don't think you notice weight gain in yourself so much when it's slow. It's not until other people around you point it out, or that gorgeous tight black skirt that you used to love wearing out suddenly doesn't fit you quite so flatteringly and you're like... hmmm... i don't think this just shrunk in the wash...
I do miss that skirt.
CorinaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #22
asmodeus

asmodeus has said some nice things
Default My Belly

As the years go by, my weight increases, mainly by belly growth. The early stages are when I first found I could no longer hold it in, to later days when I did not want to. Then some lanfmarks remind me how nI am growing. The realisation I no longer need to pull my chair up to nthe table when I sit down as I am already touvhing it. But a new one two nights ago when the weight of my tummy caused me to roll out of bed!I had turned on my side and then moved further over until my tummy was no longer on the bed but projecting into space. Then balance did the rest. Another landmark! Has this happened to anyone else?
asmodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics
Default Happened To Me As Well

Interesting that you had the same experience I did a month ago. I also gain most of my weight in my belly (now 60" around). I found myself turning over and my huge belly propelled me over the side of my bed onto the floor. First time that has ever happened. I must also admit that every night I enjoy laying on my side and gently caressing my huge gut and all of its new fat as I drift off to sleep.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #24
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

I had another wake up call last week...

I used to travel by plane for work a great deal. After starting a family, I changed positions so this wasn't necessary, which worked out well. I had to travel to L.A. last week, though, and it slipped my mind that I am significantly heavier than I was the last time I flew.

Luckily the plane was not full! It was embarrassing none the less... If someone was sitting next to me, it would not have been very comfortable at all!

Brenda
Old 08-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #25
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club

I've noticed in the past couple of years that when I'm taking a shower that I'm taking up much more space in the bath and that it's become a little more difficult to wash certain areas of my body. Also noticed sitting down that I'm taking up more space on the seat and have to lean a little more forward to see my feet. At 5'8 and around 230 pounds I'm roughly about 60 pounds over the ideal weight for my height and I think I'm still gaining.
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote